American Family Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Auto Care Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Interview follows the STAR format. They want you to answer the questions based of their key metrics. All questions will have multiple steps and they expect you to answer them all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demostrated leadership   2 Answers

Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Had first interview with hiring manager via zoom (COVID-19). Was told I’d be in touch within 1-2 weeks from recruiter and never heard back until ~ 2-months later, then rolled in the generic rejection email.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Just one round. face to face interview through the Skype. Three people. One manager, and two senior IOS developer. Basic IOS technical questions ask what is struct what is class. different between MVC and MVVM. what is oops. Final question is ask you to design an application based on their requirement like How can you built a fooddelivery application(as details as you can explain). Also asked your experience, and brief introduce your self.

Interview Questions

• basic questions and explain how you can built an application.   Answer Question

Lean Customer Value Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in December 2019.

Interview

This was the easiest interview process EVER! 11 days elapsed between initial application and an offer being extended. Refreshingly few hoops to jump through: one call with the recruiter, and another with the hiring manager. About two hours total.

Corporate Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by an internal recruiter to set up a phone screen. After a 30 minute phone screen, she emailed me to set up an interview with the hiring manager and another departmental manager (video, since I was a remote candidate). They asked a few intro questions, some behavioral questions, and allowed time for me to ask questions for a total of about 45 minutes. Despite preparing thoroughly there were a couple of questions I stumbled over because I simply couldn't think of matching scenarios in my work history. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable at least. I received a form email rejection a little over a week later, which I appreciated because so many companies these days don't bother to get back to candidates. The entire process was around a month from application to rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time the direction of a project was changed partway through and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in August 2019.

Interview

It was very long, after more than 5 interviews with different people, it looks like they were afraid of taking a decision, more than one interview with the team and only one with my boss. I also was invited to their offices in Madison.
    Base on the questions they did they had many issues with politics and management, more interested in my leadership style than my business knowledge

Interview Questions

• typicall situations, like..., explain to me one occasion where you had to deal with a boss who wasn't agreed with you...   Answer Question

Machine Learning Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview and onsite. I was asked to do a homework which I did and submitted on time.
    The onsite from start was bad. Recruiter was not there and didn't inform anyone that I was expected to be there. I show up and no one knew I was to be there. Asked desk receptionist to call manager to get me.
    Manager was not professional sending emails during the interview. Second interview was worse, the key decision maker was not there. So someone else that had no interest showed up.
    I was promised to receive feedback in a week. I'm still waiting 6 months later.
    Overall bad experience, and I probably just dodged a bullet.

Operations and Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied with an employee referral. Received an email exactly 14 days later about setting up a phone interview and scheduled it for 2 days later. Phone interview lasts about 30 minutes, questions are STAR method and the interviewer was very pleasant and talkative.

Interview Questions

• STAR Method: A time you demonstrated accountability   Answer Question
    • STAR Method: A time you demonstrated Exceeding Customer Service expectations   Answer Question
    • STAR Method: A time you demonstrated Courage in standing up to a superior or manager   Answer Question
    • What is your minimum required salary annually?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you foresee in switching from your current career into this one?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable traveling 50-75% of the time?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Easy interview, agents are usually pretty laid back. I think it is a pretty entry level role so it's nothing too bad. It took about 30 minutes for the whole thing, but it totally depends on the agent.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mainly a quick resume review with questions asked about previous work experiences and academic projects. No coding rounds as such. The entire process took around half an hour and was very relaxed.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Fremont, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Messy process, didn't have things will organized. I wish they communicated better. No clear time line in the hiring process. Called several times with no call backs. Also emailed with the same result. Not s good experience.