American Family Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Family Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Interview

Application online was very quick and easy. They did not even require a cover letter, just credentials. Interview was your straightforward, typical interview with predictable questions. Nothing was too surprising, easy to prep for.

Various Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Typical Screening call, followed by in person with your direct supervisor, followed by meeting with them and their supervisor (if youve reached the 3rd interview you are good as gold so long as you show up on time and don't do anything silly). They use the STAR Method.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have had to deal with Stress in the workplace and how your addressed it.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Applied online. Over a month later, I had a brief phone interview and was asked four or five questions. A few days later, I was notified via email for an in person interview at the HQ. Before in person interview, I was asked to submit ID example via email. 45 minute, STAR interview. Questions closely aligned with their corporate values. Three weeks passed and I found out I didn't get the job :(

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • What's your ID process? Strengths and weaknesses in that process?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were innovative and how did you share your idea with your peers. Err, or something like that - I was nervous.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you felt like you didn't have enough support/weren't setup for success.   Answer Question
    • Why is the instructional design sample you sent an example of your best work?   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Just talk to the agent in person. Interviewer ask about the resume and availability. Not much behavior questions involved. I was told they are interview quite a lot of people. Get the offer about two days later.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Very calm and straight forward. Very much at ease with the interviewers. It was a good, honest interview, and I was given a chance to ask questions as well.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was required to take a typing test online. I received an email to schedule an interview very shortly after completing the test. The interview was the following week and was a comfortable interview with two of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you handled a difficult customer situation.   Answer Question

Claim Associate Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

A week after submitting an online application/cover letter, I was contacted via email with a request to complete a phone interview. The phone "interview" was actually a one sided ordeal where the computer asked me a few situational questions and recorded my answers. Approximately a week later, I was once again contacted by email with an invitation to go to the AmFam corporate office for an in-person interview.

I met with two managers from the claims investigation branch where I would be working. They asked a couple of background questions while going through my resume, but the bulk of the interview followed the STAR method. Prepare to give specific examples of situations you have encountered involving customer service, working with management, overcoming obstacles, ect.

I was contacted later that day with a preliminary job offer which I ultimately accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above-and-beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Casualty Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

This was an HR screening interview. I received an email to schedule an hour with the HR Representative. Upon scheduling the interview, I received an email confirmation with instructions on calling the HR rep at the appropriate time, there was also an attachment of company benefits. At the time of the interview, the HR rep clearly explained the process, reminded me to use SAR (Situation, Action, Results) method when answering questions, told me he would ask 5 questions requiring specific examples, 4 skill based questions and a "wraparound" question. After the questioning process, the HR rep further explained the company, the position, and the next steps in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to develop a presentation. The wraparound question - tell me why you are the best person for this position given your skills and experiences.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter at the company reached out to me. They explained the position and given my background in insurance and my skill set we agreed the position seemed like a good fit. I got off the phone and applied for the position, noting that I was referred internally. Inexplicably, I was rejected for the position before even having a formal interview. I reached out to the recruiter, who I confirmed did in fact work at the company, and wasn't just an outsourced recruiting agency, about the rejection. I never received a response. I honestly question whether I was blacklisted, since I have applied and interviewed there in the past. Otherwise their HR is just incompetent.

Interview Questions

American Family Insurance Response

Jan 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Hello and thank you for taking the time to bring your concern to our attention. It is our intent to provide a positive experience to job candidates as they explore career opportunities with us ... More

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

... I initially received a phone call for the interview.. and then I was sent to the in-person formal interview with a hiring manager... They asked a lot of questions... They were very professional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had t deal with a difficult boss? How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question