American Family Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Family Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Had a telephonic round for half an hour and video conferencing for half an hour, both of them are technical and interviewed by manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Evanston, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews--one with the operations manager and the other with the agent. The interview with the operations manager was a lot easier. It was more getting a feel for me as a person. She barely asked me any traditional interview questions. I passed the first interview and interviewed with the agent a week later. The interview with him was a little more intimidating. He asked about my background and what it is that I do in my current insurance role. He also asked why I wanted to leave my current agency--why I was looking to relocate and change to a different insurance company. He was doing a lot of digging to make sure that I would ultimately be the candidate to fill the position. He liked that I was relatively new to the industry that way I can be trained "his way" and that I was licensed in property and casualty. I was offered the job 3 days later after all of my references cleared.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing a lot of candidates, why should I choose you to become my CSR?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to relocate? Why do you want to leave your current agency?   1 Answer
    • What are you licensed in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position at the beginning of the month and was contacted for a phone interview about a week and a half later. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions. The next day I was contacted to set up an on-site interview. The on-site interview included behavioral questions, but was generally pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Stemming from AmFam's value of accountability - give an example of a time you failed and how you handled it.
      Which AmFam value resonates with you the most?   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I never went to interview; I turned them down when the HR person shared the rundown of what I was going to have to do. The day would consist of interviews (fine), a prepared presentation (fine), and then have me sit with another person interviewing for the same position, and collaborate on a project, while the hiring manager observed from afar. The last part is where I declined the interview, in that it was somewhat de-humanizing and felt like an experiment coming out of WW II Germany or the movie "Gladiator".

American Family Insurance Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Administrator

Thank you for your honest feedback about our interview process. We do review comments and make adjustments regularly, so thank you for chiming in about your experience. We are really steadfast in how... More

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief phone introduction and conversation regarding the position. Question and answer session to see if I would be a good fit for the company and if the company would be a good fit for me.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsons, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Parsons, KS).

Interview

I would describe the interview process as Lengthy. However, the current agent picked me to replace him as he was being promoted at the time. I worked with him already as his newspaper representative for the local newspaper and he felt that I had all the appropriate skills and ability to replace him. Which I did and was very successful in doing so. Moved the agency into a new office, and grew the policy count. However, it is with regret I turned the book of business back to my district manager due to the fact I was going through an awful divorce which required my children and I to live in a battered women's shelter..... Overall experience the three and half years I owned and operated the agency.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled in person with 2 managers. Typical star based questions. Thought it went well but apparently they value experience over a college degree so I wouldn't waste your time unless you have specific customer service experience via chat or call center

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adhere to a strict deadline at work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Initially Asked to submit skills matrix and situational project management questionnaire. Was selected to interview based on the responses. Contracting company arranged the interview. Interview was with the hiring manager, in person. It was an hour long interview

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe AmFam values in projects managed, such as innovation.   Answer Question

Med Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Waukesha, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and then about 3 weeks later received a email requesting a face to face interview with the department manager. when I went for my interview, I was not interviewed with the manager I was told I would be meeting with Then after the interview I was told they would get back to me in about 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks I called to follow up and was told they had not made a decision. Recently I received an email telling me I was not chosen. It took 2 months to be told I was not chosen. They could have let me know sooner.

Field Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after submitting app, I received an Email to schedule a phone interview, I was told I would then receive an email telling me yes or no. 3 weeks later I received an email notifying me that I was chosen for an interview. Travel expenses for the interview are paid if you are more than an hour away.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a difficult claim situate=ion and how did you handle it. What is your annual salary requirement   Answer Question