American Family Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Evanston, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews--one with the operations manager and the other with the agent. The interview with the operations manager was a lot easier. It was more getting a feel for me as a person. She barely asked me any traditional interview questions. I passed the first interview and interviewed with the agent a week later. The interview with him was a little more intimidating. He asked about my background and what it is that I do in my current insurance role. He also asked why I wanted to leave my current agency--why I was looking to relocate and change to a different insurance company. He was doing a lot of digging to make sure that I would ultimately be the candidate to fill the position. He liked that I was relatively new to the industry that way I can be trained "his way" and that I was licensed in property and casualty. I was offered the job 3 days later after all of my references cleared.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing a lot of candidates, why should I choose you to become my CSR?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to relocate? Why do you want to leave your current agency?   1 Answer
    • What are you licensed in?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, On-site interview with Presentation. The questions are relatively basic. On-site interviews are covering behavioral questions and past projects. I was stunned when the interviewer asked me to give a presentation on the work that I have done during my past internship, I have declined the request as the data and work are subjects to NDA. The interviewer was very persistent in his request, which left me with a negative impression of the company.

Interview Questions

American Family Insurance Response

May 31, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback on our interview process and questions. We wanted to take a moment to address your concerns regarding our interviewer's request for work completed from a... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Initial round was a phone interview with HR. That was followed by an in person interview. Only Behavioral or situation based questions were asked in the one on one round of the interview.

Sales and Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

The intreview was casual but focused. I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the meeting. The Agency I interviewed for had a very welcoming team and the interviewer was kind and engaging.

Physical Damage Total Loss Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied with American Family the first week of December. I received a email with them for an online/Skype interview for the position. The managers that interviewed me were very nice and professional. I answered all the interview questions and felt the interview went well. I had read all the reviews about the company. I want to be a part of something great.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were to be answered in a three parts.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Had a telephonic round for half an hour and video conferencing for half an hour, both of them are technical and interviewed by manager.

Siu Desk Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with HR. Second interview was with the hiring manager and a supervisor. Initial interview covered standard behavior based questions. The second interview was formatted around company values. Several questions were multi-part questions. Each interview lasted an hour. Biggest disappointment was that after more than 30 days from the second interview there has been no response from the company, not even a polite rejection. I sent follow-up thank you cards. I tried contacting HR and the hiring manager. Left messages for both, yet no response.

I realize the market currently favors employers, but even a modest standard of respect should be extended to someone who completes the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with an opinion of a senior staff member and offered a different solution that worked better.   Answer Question

Jan 2, 2018 – Human Resources Services Manager

Thank you so much for your time and willingness to share your thoughts. We're so sorry we missed the mark with you and your experience with us. We certainly strive to provide great candidate... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position at the beginning of the month and was contacted for a phone interview about a week and a half later. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions. The next day I was contacted to set up an on-site interview. The on-site interview included behavioral questions, but was generally pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Stemming from AmFam's value of accountability - give an example of a time you failed and how you handled it.
      Which AmFam value resonates with you the most?   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I never went to interview; I turned them down when the HR person shared the rundown of what I was going to have to do. The day would consist of interviews (fine), a prepared presentation (fine), and then have me sit with another person interviewing for the same position, and collaborate on a project, while the hiring manager observed from afar. The last part is where I declined the interview, in that it was somewhat de-humanizing and felt like an experiment coming out of WW II Germany or the movie "Gladiator".

Sep 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Administrator

Thank you for your honest feedback about our interview process. We do review comments and make adjustments regularly, so thank you for chiming in about your experience. We are really steadfast in how... More

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief phone introduction and conversation regarding the position. Question and answer session to see if I would be a good fit for the company and if the company would be a good fit for me.