American Family Insurance Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 257 of over 257 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

American Family Insurance

Application

I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

The hiring and interview process was slower than I would have imagined given the current jobs market. I was expecting that I would have received a call back sooner than I did.

Interview Questions
  • What type of leader are you?
    Answer Question

American Family Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

Initial online video meeting and then a prerecorded phone interview. It was weird and made me more nervous than usual. You can't ask for clarification on anything since it is prerecorded.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had conflict with a team member and how you handled it.

American Family Insurance

Application

I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

Professional and pushed me to think outside the box but allowed me to to really emphasize my strengths. Used methods that seemed modern. Overall very much at ese during the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Family Insurance

Application

I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

They first made a casual talk with me before the manager comes in. They were asking me about my habits and life in general. Then after the manager comes in, everything became serious. He was asking me basic questions about my self, skills, strengths and weaknesses. I was taking my time answering the questions and i had to show my confidence.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Family Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

You are interviewed by a panel of managers. They ask some STAR questions-- particularly about handling unhappy customers-- but pretty straightforward. The interview is in person and takes around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Family Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

There were two members one of them was a Techincal Lead and other person was HR. The HR was very friendly. Questions were entirely based on the resume.They also asked many behavioral questions about team work and community work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Overall a great interview experience. Interviewer asked a lot of thoughtful questions. She described the role well and made it clear what I would be doing. I really enjoyed the interview process with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Family Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

Be very careful when interviewing for potential jobs with this company. I put in a lot of time on test and interviews, only to be giving an offer for a much lower level title and 40% decrease in my current salary. In my case, prior to the interview I discussed salary requirements with HR and told them my current salary. I was told based on my resume and application I would be considered for role at within a certain salary band. Did the interviews and online test. In my final interview, I did a two manager zoom call, where everything went great. A few days later, HR called and presented an offer. Unfortunately, the salary was significantly lower than what I discussed with HR. The role was for another position, much more junior in title. I mentioned to HR, in our initial conversation, I went over my title/salary requirements to set expectations so something like this wouldn’t happen and I wouldn’t just waste time doing the interview process. HR didn’t seem to care.

Interview Questions
  • Personal, none technical I already took a test to gauge my data engineering capabilities.
2 people found this interview helpful

American Family Insurance

Application

I interviewed at American Family Insurance

Interview

The interview just simply went through your resume, interests, and past experience. The interviewer is nice and mostly ask you about behavioral questions, with a few technical questions, targeted to accounting knowledge

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI)

Interview

Pleasant and easy. Focus on past projects and multiple machine learning and deep learning questions. 2 rounds of interviews with 1 hr each. The interviewers are quite friendly and professional. The overall experience is above average.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 257 Interviews

American Family Insurance Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at American Family Insurance as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.75 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Agent Assistant and Insurance Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Casualty Claims Adjuster and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at American Family Insurance takes an average of 22 days when considering 278 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Casualty Claims Adjuster roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at American Family Insurance according to 278 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.99%