American Family Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Evanston, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews--one with the operations manager and the other with the agent. The interview with the operations manager was a lot easier. It was more getting a feel for me as a person. She barely asked me any traditional interview questions. I passed the first interview and interviewed with the agent a week later. The interview with him was a little more intimidating. He asked about my background and what it is that I do in my current insurance role. He also asked why I wanted to leave my current agency--why I was looking to relocate and change to a different insurance company. He was doing a lot of digging to make sure that I would ultimately be the candidate to fill the position. He liked that I was relatively new to the industry that way I can be trained "his way" and that I was licensed in property and casualty. I was offered the job 3 days later after all of my references cleared.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing a lot of candidates, why should I choose you to become my CSR?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to relocate? Why do you want to leave your current agency?   1 Answer
    • What are you licensed in?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

You get a interview to let you know what the job entails, sales! Sales! Sales! If you can handle sales then you must pass state licensing for PC and life. Then you fly out to corporate headquarters for a week long training about company. Then you have classroom training for six weeks are you are on your own. Must have money set aside for advertising, rent and all expenses of running your own business.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to sell insurance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No salary negotiating or commissions. It is what they offer and nothing more until you show you can produce for them

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsons, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Parsons, KS).

Interview

I would describe the interview process as Lengthy. However, the current agent picked me to replace him as he was being promoted at the time. I worked with him already as his newspaper representative for the local newspaper and he felt that I had all the appropriate skills and ability to replace him. Which I did and was very successful in doing so. Moved the agency into a new office, and grew the policy count. However, it is with regret I turned the book of business back to my district manager due to the fact I was going through an awful divorce which required my children and I to live in a battered women's shelter..... Overall experience the three and half years I owned and operated the agency.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

You are pretty much in if you already have an insurance license and flexible work schedule. Training someone who has no insurance experience is proven to be very difficult. TIP: Learn as much as possible about insurance and you can be reimbursed for the cost of licensing by AMFAM.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process of this interview consisted of applying via email or online, then getting a call back and scheduling an interview. Then I had another interview, and then I was told I didn't get the job. About a month later I received a call back and they wanted me.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the makeup of a tennis ball? Strengths? Weaknesses? Customer service challenges? A problem you have overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Iowa City, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very laid back environment. My boss was friendly, professional, and sincerely curious about myself and my background. He understood I had minimal knowledge within the insurance industry, but was willing to teach me about it along the way.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Property and Casualty Insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 15 minutes. The next step was to have a interview with the insurance agent and that lasted about one and a half hours. I was asked the standard interview questions that had to do with sales and customer service experience. IT was a very thorough interview and I was given an offer within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Brief conversation on my work experience in sales and computer literacy. They ave me different sales situations and I had to explain my approach on customer service approaches.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Sent in resume, got called about a week later. Schedule interview within a few days. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Two Agents shared the same office building. It was a nice, quiet, clean, and friendly environment. Each agent has one assistant so the office environment is small, which is nice.

Interview Questions

• Pretty general question...What do you know about American Family Insurance? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Just talk to the agent in person. Interviewer ask about the resume and availability. Not much behavior questions involved. I was told they are interview quite a lot of people. Get the offer about two days later.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Family Insurance (Madison, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very brief, which was nice. I was asked one technical question. As I started to answer it the interviewer said, "No, no, no... it is enough to know that you had an answer. I would not understand it anyway".

Interview Questions

• How would you address a memory leak?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Family Insurance.

Interview

Very calm and straight forward. Very much at ease with the interviewers. It was a good, honest interview, and I was given a chance to ask questions as well.