American Greetings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Greetings Interview Questions

Interviews at American Greetings

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

The office space is laid back and easy going, they just want to make sure that you know what you're doing.

Interview Questions

• Is Python better than Java? (answer is yes, Java is meant for drinking and goofing around).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Greetings (Wilmington, DE) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview was really just a conversation. Honestly I don't think the person interviewing me really wanted to interview anyone. We just talked about my resume and background and that was pretty much it. The company in general isn't the most popular place to work. Most of the people I know that have worked there in the past say you usually just go through the motions. I decided to interview there because I had a long layover after my last job and I was getting desperate for some income. In the end I was low-balled on an offer and then subsequently they withdrew their offer when they seemingly found someone else. ALl in all I wasn't too upset about it- I didn't think it was a great place to work anyway. My advice would be to hang in there and try to get a job you would reasonably like- don't get something just for the sake of working, unless you absolutely have to.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a task that was not in your field of expertise what would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Greetings (Brooklyn, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

I thought the interview went well and I felt that I got along with everyone I interviewed with. First, I met with someone currently in the position then I met with management. Again, I really liked them a lot and felt like I would be a good fit. It was FUN and I was so excited to learn about the opportunity. I would still love to work there.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with two employees that had the same job that I was applying for. Interview was brief, they allowed me to ask any questions I had reguarding the position. Took over two months before I got an email saying I was not selected for the job, by that time I already had accepted an offer somewhere else anyhow.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just asked how my prior experience would help me in that position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

Brief, casual, very straight forward. No mention of future advancement in the field. Interrupted me many times. Mentioned the importance of being independent as we are "on our own."

Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by in person interview at HQ. The interview took the entire work day and it was with about 10 people. It was very exhausting and a few of the interviewers were quite rude which caught me off guard. One example is I was asked about my research, and as I was trying to explain it, they kept telling me I was wrong? Another example is the following very rude question:

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Greetings (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Control stock/inventory on floor and in storage. I was contacted via phone first, I was briefly given the details of what would be expected of me. We meet at one of stores that she handles so she could show me in details what I would be doing and did another brief interview. Got hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Brooklyn, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I was drilled with questions for two different questions for the entire two hours. I prepared a lot for this interview but it felt more like an interrogation. I was really excited to get the offer but felt like there should have been a better way to interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

I applied and waited for about two months. I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I went into the interview with one person, then I was called to come back for a second interview where I met with three people.

Interview Questions

• Define Leadership and what it means to me.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about my degree and how it connects with the position.   Answer Question
    • Say you're a supervisor for a team of 10 people: 3 of them go above and beyond, 4 of them do what is asked of them and 3 of them struggle to meet numbers and get the work done. How would you divide your time amongst them and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

I was offered an interview with American Greetings after attending a career fair at my university where I talked to them at their booth. My interview was the next day and it was your standard behavioral interview questions. The I'm still waiting to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed at being detail-oriented and how you corrected it.   Answer Question