American Greetings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.4

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying they wanted me to do an automated phone interview. Two days after I completed the interview, I got a notice saying they wouldn't be moving forward.

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

I applied online. About 5 days later I received an email with an invitation to complete an online interview, but the included link did not work. The next day I received a call from a recruiter letting me know that I lived outside the driveable area of the job territory, so I could not be considered for the job I applied for. She did, however, offer to speak with me about another position located in the town where I live. I ended up declining, but appreciated the recruiter's time and effort.

PT Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole process dragged out for a month until I decided to decline. Initially it seemed promising. I applied online through Indeed. Corporate called me and scheduled immediately the automated phone interview. I answered 7 questions with 3 minutes to respond to each one. The questions given to me was basically to see what my retail background was and standard questions like can I work alone, etc. A couple of days later I received an email from the person in charge of hiring looking forward to speaking with me. I emailed right away and please let me know what was a good time. When I didn't hear back the day she suggested I called the number and left a vm. A week goes by with a "sorry it's been so crazy in the territory" email am I still interested? I called, left vm and then followed up with another email. By that point, I did have a few questions of my own which she did answer in email. I was still interested but didn't hear back from her for another week. She called, left a vm again saying how it had been so crazy, then emailed again. At this point I lost all interest in the job. Glassdoor has been a great resource to get a feel how companies are run. It seems like if you have a good manager it can be a nice PT job. My gut said this manager was very disorganized/overwhelmed. How can I do a good job if she's never available/hard to contact/does not keep her word. Was not the right fit. I am too mature and experienced to deal with this run around. Based on other reviews it seemed like a total slave labor position.

Interview Questions

• Was I comfortable working alone and keeping in touch with my supervisor   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call and an email within about a week. The email has a link to the phone interview which consists of automated questions with time to answer. I was called a few days later to set up in person interview, which was really for signing new hire paperwork. Very easy and quick.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

Initial screening was on phone with recorded questions and had to leave answer. I got an email to meet for interview. They just basically went over what they are looking for and job description and met in the card department in a store. It was very informal. They asked if that was something I was interested in doing. I didn't think it would be for me so I was honest and said so. There was no pressure. I ended up not getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Greetings (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was an automated phone interview. The questions were asked, and I was give 3 minutes to answer each question. I was not allowed to change my answer or review it. Some of the questions were a little hard to answer given the amount of time to answer, and the subjective nature of the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Greetings (Portsmouth, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 2 parts. A phone interview and a physical interview. The phone interview was laid back but professional. All key points were laid out very well. I was aware of how the process would if accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle a situation regarding theft/threat of integrity   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to my experience, I was able to make a little more than the base pay.They will work with you. This is not an income to live off of due to the fact that the hours are low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Greetings (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Automated phone interview as well as in person interview.The automated phone interview was simple they ask you seven questions and give you 3 minutes to record your answer. I interviewed in person with a territory sales manager. We met at a local target near the greeting department the interview lasted for 10 minutes. The manager explained what the Merchandiser position entailed and asked a few questions about my skill set and background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?

How many hours are looking to work for?
      Answer Question

PT Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings in August 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was difficult it was all automated they only gave you 3 minutes to prepare and complete your answer per question. I had never done a phone interview but did not care for it at all. After the phone interview I was contacted about 3 days later for a in store interview. Which turned out not to be an interview, I was actually told there was no open position in my area and had never been an open position in my area. Talk about unprofessional!!!!

Interview Questions

There wasn't even an opening in my area I told them do not contact me again I would never consider working for your company again!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Greetings in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I then was emailed to do an automated phone interview the next day. It was very straight forward and simple. They were great to interview with. They were also very helpful.