American Greetings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Greetings Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.4

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings.

Interview

First interview over the phone,she was extremely nice.Alot of questions just trying to get a feel for my personality and why id like to work for American Greetings. She asked about my previous job experiences and how it would help me in the current job im applying for

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, another follow up (technical) phone interview and a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I did not advance past the face to face but understand next step was a panel interview at corporate

Interview Questions

• Describe the positive / negative qualities I'd look for in an prospective store merchandiser   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face Interview was held at one of the stores. tour of the store and a sit down. Interview Lasted about an hour. Lots of emailing back and forth on scheduling.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Osceola, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Osceola, AR).

Interview

Initial interview between department leader and department manager whom both presented themselves as open and approachable. This was followed by a second interview, which included a tour of the facility and discussions on my opinions of their processes.

Interview Questions

• To describe my current responsibilities and identify which aspects I most enjoyed, and those which I least enjoyed.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with a handful of people at varying levels of seniority. The first group evaluated technical ability. The second explained overall company structure and the final reviewed culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work culture you are accustomed to.   1 Answer

Interview

About 3 days after sending in my application I was chosen for an automated phone interview. You dial a number and can connect with a computer to watch your time for each question. You are given 3 minutes to answer each question and cannot re-record your answers. A few days after this I was emailed to set up a time to meet with a trainer for an in person interview. A couple days later I was called and offered the job.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com, then received an email from the company a few days later. Was told to use the link provided to complete a Phone Interview, but link was no good. Led me to THIS site instead. Tried calling the number provided in the email, left voice message, got a reply 2 days later. They sent yet another email with the correct link. Completed the Phone Interview, which was an automated system with about 7 or 8 questions that you had 3 mins to answer each question. Then 2 days later, got another email from a hiring manager saying that my responses were being looked at, but she sent me about 4 more questions they wanted me to answer. I completed those, sent back in email form. A week later (today), I receive an email from the company saying they are happy that I applied with their company but they choose Not to move forward with the interview process. Good thing I had read other people's reviews on this site before getting my hopes up about getting the position. Most other reviews are very similar, making me think the job probably isn't that legit if they're pulling this on most applicants.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was: Explain a situation where you didn't think you would finish a project on time it was requested?   Answer Question

Inrallation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Huntsville, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was pleasant. The hiring manager gave detailed information about the company and the job description. He was very clear on the expectations and what a typical work day would be like. He gave me plenty opportunity to talk and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind driving up to 2 hours one way for an installation and not be paid mileage in addition to my hourly rate? You are compensated for your drive time both to and from.   Answer Question

Summer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took me about 2 months but the company messed up with their recruitment policy. I applied online, went through the phone interview with the manager, got offered the internship, and waited for another 2 weeks for HR's background check. Until April did the HR person withdraw their offer and disqualify me for needing a work sponsorship in the future, but not during this summer internship. The worst part was that they didn't bother checking this ahead before offering me the job, and wait until it's too late for me to find another summer job to give me the update. It was very difficult contacting them through email and the manager who interviewed me didn't bother to reply to me in the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a task for which the manager didn't give clear objectives or directions?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying they wanted me to do an automated phone interview. Two days after I completed the interview, I got a notice saying they wouldn't be moving forward.