American Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.4

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Systems (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

After filling out an additional form for security purposes, I was invited for a phone interview. The guy who interviewed me was very friendly and we talked back and forth casually for a long time in between interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your projects on your resume, and your interests.   Answer Question

Curriculum Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems.

Interview

They found me to be a better fit for another position but still on the same contract. I was never invited for a formal interview but asked for one and they allowed it and I was able to have one on site.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Systems.

Interview

It was a pretty short interview, which started with basic questions: where do you work now and what do you do? Others are listed below. The interviewer also asked some questions about the company to test my interest in it. The interview lasted only 30 min and the interviewer said he would get back to me within 2 weeks.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Systems (Chantilly, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet originally with the companies in house recruiter who went over the basic company information. Then I meet with the payroll manager and controller who asked more in depth questions about my prior jobs. Lastly I meet with the Chief Financial Officer who ask some additional questions about my pass work experiences and she also went to a description about the company and here personal experiences with the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems.

Interview

The hiring process begins online where you turn in an application for the open vacancy. The application is sent to their headquarters in Chantilly, VA. The HR team reviews the application to see if it meets the job requirements and then forwards it to the line manager who will be managing the open position. If she or he likes your resume they will tell Chantilly HR who will set up the interview. Interviews are done in person. After the interview you will be notified by phone from Chantilly if you received the position.
    Unless you work for corporate headquarters all positions are government contract positions and all availability is subject to the contract.

Interview Questions

• What is a point in time when you have had to deal with an upset customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because of the government contracting nature no negotiation was allowed.

Program Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email by company internal recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. I then had a telephone interview with him. I was then invited for in-office panel interview. HR followed-up twice with progress (i.e., client insisted on being presented two candidates). Very professional.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with those in a part of the military different than the part I came from?   1 Answer

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems.

Interview

Was a relaxed interview atmosphere where they concentrated on my experience not on typical interview questions. They asked me to explain what I did at my previous job and how it related to the position that I was applying for. I felt very welcomed by the entire staff and it was overall I very positive experience.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Systems (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Great exposure to both the Human Resources team, Executive team and key leaders in the Operations team during the interview process. All my interview questions were answered accurately and candidly. You could clearly feel the "team spirit" within the company during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• could you stay a few hours longer than we originally planned to meet other people in the company (which was a great question to receive).   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems.

Interview

Manager not really a "manager". nice person, but no management skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Systems (Chantilly, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter. I received a call that day to set up a phone interview time.

The phone interview was very straight forward, basic question about interests to see if the position was a fit. The next day I received a call to schedule an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted between 2-3 hours. I met with several key people such as the VP of the department, the direct supervisor, and other coworkers.

The day after I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about current economic policy?   1 Answer