Amtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2018

1.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amtel (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I filled out an application online. I called the store after 2 days. I received a first interview. The first interview your asked a bunch of different scenario questions and if you pass, you move on to a second interview with a different manager. Second interview was more of getting to know you and see if you’ll be an actual good fit for the company. A week later, I was offered a position. Still waiting for my offer letter to come. Real excited to start! You’ll have three weeks of training Monday-Friday and you must have open availability. To anyone that’s in school right now, don’t apply. If you want to start with the company, apply when you are not in the middle of a semester in college.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you’ve went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a customer highly upset? How did you defuse the situation? How were you able to keep your composure without getting angry?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to recommend a product to a customer you had very little knowledge about?   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amtel (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

Asked about history leading sales team. Questions were very surface level and when I have specific situations they asked the next question without really listening. There was very little talk about how I got my sales results in the past. Seemed like they are looking to find someone qualified on paper but not validating experience, skill or style. The process moved very quickly as if they are hiring out of desperation versus finding the right fit.

They gave me a verbal offer pending a background check. Based on interview I declined the offer due to red flags I see. Interviewer lack professionalism and when I asked questions about the role there was very vague answers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amtel (Oakland, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

very easy, answer the questions honestly- make it easy on them as for you. Do not just apply if you need a job. Apple if you are going to truly sell and go after a monthly goal

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amtel (North Richland Hills, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Short, to the point, understandable, one on one. My employer was nice enough to not put me in the spot, he asked professional questions related to the job and my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amtel (Dayton, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with current hiring manager and interviewed, then met the staff, and current manager that I was replacing. We met one on one then I had both the Area and Training Manager sit in on an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with upset customer that went well and one that went not so well   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Not a serious interview, they take whoever is willing to work for low pay. They have very weird set of people working for them, with no specific expertise in the specialized service they offer. They have some consultants who are good at what they do, other than that, no professionalism at all