Anna's Linens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anna's Linens Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (Crestwood, Cook, IL).

Interview

With new management you may be interviewed twice not guaranteeing a position. Eventually there needed to be a survey taken, but depending on the interviewer they may make you take it.

Interview Questions

• they will ask you a series of questions about what do you do when x happens   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (Asheville, NC).

Interview

The interview went very well and they hired me on the spot. They said that they wanted someone like me to work there. They liked me a lot. They were short handed and they need me right away. So I started the very next day.

Interview Questions

• they asked me if I ever operated a register before and I said yes. They asked me about customer service and I said that I have done that before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

place application online then come in for one to one interview with store manager and assistant. you are questioned about experience and personality and you must answer certain questions in a way they like it .. dont over think it the questions are not hard at all and there is no reason to be nervous because the environment is very layed back .

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw an associate wiping there nose with a towel .
      Tell me a time when you have ever not been able to make a customer happy with the products we have to offer and what did you do to solve this problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

group interview, hour long, really relaxed and friendly I felt really comfortable with the managers and I could tell I would really like to work with them if they were to hire me which they did eventually so thank you!!!!!!!!!!1

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anna's Linens in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight to the point. The basic questions they ask you on any interview for a retail job. Just have a bubbly personality and good work ethic and you got the job. The supervisor position is not hard and the hours are pretty good.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Anna's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for annas.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anna's Linens.

Interview

No standard interview process, depends on the store manager or whoever is actually doing interviews. Usually very short, random questions. There is no aptitude test or drug testing, if they like you they will hire you. Applications are pulled from a central pool online, so if you don't fill in your online application completely it probably won't be looked at. Usually if you have any sort of time restrictions stated on your app, it won't get looked at. Must be 18.

Interview Questions

• Are you available any time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they will tell you how much they are willing to pay you and it's take it or leave it. You will be offered minimum wage for any and all positions if you are willing to take it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anna's Linens in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online, and got a call for an interview. The interview was in a really small office. I did two interviews, one with the manager and another with the assistant manager. The interview with the manager was an easy, smooth interview, she asked a few questions and ask for a few examples. We spent a while just talking and having fun. The interview with the assistant manager was .a bit unprepared on her part. It wasn't as easy, fun going as the first, but it was still quick and easy. I was told, if the interview with the assistant manager goes well, they'll send for my background check, but never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, all were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anna's Linens in September 2014.

Interview

Process was very fast. Applied for the job and heard from the Store Manager within a few days. I interviewed the next day with 2 managers.

-The process was easy. They ask basic questions like:

* Why do you want to work at Anna's?
    * Have you shopped at Anna's before?
    * How would you handle an employee that is off task?
    * Tell me a time where you had to overcome an angry customer.

After about a 20 minute interview the managers told me that we were doing a role-playing exercise, which made me nervous. Luckily the night before I went online and found a customer service video they posted about how they greet their customers.

We went to through the store, the managers explained the zones (1 and 2), who is where, the different sections, etc. We went to the front of the store and watched the sales associate up front greet the customers and the managers did the same. The greeting is long, but easy to get use too. Then both managers came to the door and I had to greet them like a customer.

You have to say " Hi, welcome to Anna's Linens, here's our current ad and a shopping cart, we have ______ (current promo) on sale this week in the front of the store".

Another major part of the Cashier/sales associate is announcements. This is suppose to be done every 15-30 minutes and you can promo whatever you want. I listened to a few from the managers and then I had to do 2. They want you to say something like "Welcome to Anna's Linens, be sure to check out our bed in a bags on sale this week for $29.99, we also have fleece blankets starting at $4.99" or whatever. This isn't the primary job of the managers, but we need to know how to do it.

That was the interview. The role playing part was nerve wracking at first, but ended up being fun and I got to know the managers and relaxed toward the end. The whole process took right at an hour.

Interview Questions

• The role playing threw me off. If your up for a position there I would recommend you look up their greetings online to get it memorized first...   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager asked my salary requirements, I told her and she said "great, works for me". No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anna's Linens (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring process went smoothly and I was interviewed by the store Manager and the Area Trainer. They seemed genuinely excited to have me join the team but once I was in the store and the trainer wasn't there with me The Manager showed her true colors.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember most about walking into an Anna's store as a customer?   1 Answer