AppDynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppDynamics (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very fast and informative! Everyone I talked to was extremely friendly and courteous. Recruiter was transparent and informed on what the company was looking for, and definitely sold the companies culture and benefits well. Even as a candidate, I felt like everyone I spoke with appreciated my skill sets and was interested in ME, and I did not feel like I was running the gauntlet to complete for their attention.

Interview Questions

• Asked about familiarity with cloud vs server and addons such as Zephyr.   1 Answer

AppDynamics Response

Feb 17, 2017 – AppDynamics Representative

Once our Talent Acquisition Team finds someone they believe is a perfect fit, they do not stop fighting until you are hired! They wouldn’t have reached out to YOU if they didn’t appreciate your skill... More

PMO Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter Scott R. for an introductory call. He provided a good mix of company background and role requirements. Had calls with the hiring manager and a number of other folks on the team. Had many great conversations, and Scott was great at setting expectations, communicating next steps, and coordinating the interviews.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Important note: Non-ethical, vindictive(!!) company. When a colleague from my current company applied, they gave my name and couple other names saying they had a bad experience with us. Clearly they don't understand non-disclosure agreement goes both ways. Also beware they are not good at handling refusals and they bad mouth you to anybody from your company.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then technical phone interview that requires a laptop to solve online coding questions. Finally face to face interview for 7 hours.
    (This is where I left in mid interview because I figured this company is not a good match for me.) they took it hard.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions   1 Answer
    • Phone screen: Previous projects, data structures java   1 Answer
    • On-site: First interviewer was hiring manager and it went great. He asked bunch of project related questions.   Answer Question
    • Second interviewer: asked questions about threads and processes, how to implement threads in parallel. Then asked very detailed questions about Stack and heap and how memory works.   1 Answer

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a recruiter phone screen, a call with the Hiring Manager and, onsite interviews with 4-5 people along with a presentation. I met with team members and COO

Interview Questions

• Biggest failure/challenge and Lessons learned   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (Omaha, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

It wasn't really a formal interview but a very casual conversation. The whole process of applying, working with the company recruiter, and then meeting with the hiring manager was so far from what I would consider standard or even professional. Many days went by between hearing from the recruiter -- she never responded to my emails even when I responded to hers. The hiring manager spoke more about himself and the position and hardly asked me any questions about my skills and capabilities or what I could bring to the table. I think I was sized up at the front door rather than through an equitable process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppDynamics.

Interview

Initial Recruiter call ,then followed by their both East and West Coast managers . Then onsite for 4 hours with Their Senior consultants .

I got excellent rating on tech interview but they rejected me because i dont have customer facing skills ( i work for major tech consulting firm with 10 years experience and i worked VP and C level Executives), i was surprised and i told them that i am ready for accepting a lower role. it Turns out they had problem with my salary and not with client facing skills. Then Hiring manager again wanted me to interview with their principal architect ( tech round) . Interview was very simple and again they rejected me . When i asked interviewer they said to debug java contention i told the interviewer that i will analyze thread dumps . And interviewer was saying thats something a sysadmin do . This is when it occurred to me that these guys were going to reject me no matter what . Doing a thread dump analysis a basic thing that anybody does before trying to fix . I am not sure how come their principal architect is not aware of this . Anyhow i guess not joining this team is blessing in a disguise . Their product team should interview the consulting team , i dont think quality of professional services doesn`t match with their Product team .

Interview Questions

• How do you debug if there is a slowness in page browse   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional and streamlined interview process that was thorough but did not feel like it took too long. I would say it's one of the better interviews I've been on and would recommend it to others.

Interview Questions

• What percentage quota attainment did you achieve over the last two years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics in September 2017.

Interview

First contact with recruiter over the phone; basic background and interest validation.

Call with hiring manager, a more technical conversation ('how would you solve this problem'-type questions, how's your Java, how's your .NET, etc). Then moved to a lab exercise using a VM with their products installed and a workshop lab. Pretty straightforward, but they wanted to see who would go the extra mile and deliver more than just each exercise on the lab.

Call with peer SE, a mixed technical/situational interview, and a couple of other calls with sales representatives and some of the regional leaders.

On-site interview lasted 4 hours, broken down into 4 sessions: 1 hour with hiring manager, 1 hour with SE peer, 1 hour with sales leadership and 1 hour demo/presentation. At the end, they will tell you if they are moving forward, and discuss compensation.

Offer letter arrived not 2 weeks after the on-site.

Interview Questions

• Several 'situational' questions, like 'did you ever have to convince a sales rep to change strategy to close a deal? How did you do it?', or 'How do you handle negative feedback?' etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AppDynamics.

Interview

After a brief "get-to-know-you" type of interview, you will be given a lab to complete using AppDynamics. Everything you need for the lab is in the cloud, and you will be given pretty detailed instructions on how to get started. The lab isn't easy, but it also isn't incredibly hard. You will be given plenty of time to complete it and can do so when you have time to fit it in.

Assuming you do well with the lab, you will meet with a team to do an in-person demonstration of something of your choosing. Chose wisely as you are definitely being tested to see how well you can answer questions about your topic.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with the internal recruiter - mostly talked about my background, what I'm looking for next, and she explained more about the role. Was then set up for a 30 minute video interview with the hiring manager. I had expressed to the recruiter that I was in the interview process with another company at the time and she was very accommodating in getting my next round of interviews set up ASAP.

Next I was brought into the office to interview with 5-6 other member on the team. They said that they usually don't schedule all those interviews into one day but they wanted to still be in the running since I was interviewing with other companies - which I very much appreciated. They made me an offer about a week after that.

My recruiter was very communicative and always made sure she gave me the latest updates. All in all it was a great interview process.

Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard process or tele-screening followed by in person interviews. Overall bad experience because I never got any response from recruitment team. Being one of the finalists I expected to know yes or no.