Appen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Appen Interview Questions

Interviews at Appen

2.4

English Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

Remote Work, so a virtual meeting. A series of questions and more of a discussion element where you got to explain your interests and reason for applying for that job and that project. Friendly, and pretty classic questions.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience would benefit working in this environment?   2 Answers

Interview

Unfortunately, I had a disappointing experience as a candidate for a senior level US-based job. I first received a rejection letter for a position that I never applied for. Thinking there might have been a mix-up, I sent a casual and polite reply inquiring about the letter and asking that my resume make it to the correct hands. A brief reply told me that the form rejection letter was due a mistake in their ATS. There was no word as to whether I was still in the running for the job. This was no problem because shortly thereafter I received an invite for an interview for the correct job. I was delighted. I emailed with Human Resources to find a time that worked, and things were all set. At the time of the interview, I joined as planned, yet no one else was there. I knew that things often kick off a few minutes late with people moving from meeting to meeting, so I was not worried. And after about 10 minutes, I dropped a quick note to the contact in HR indicating that I was on the line and asking if the time still worked. No one ever joined the call. And I never received a reply as to why no one joined the call. Then, a few days later, I received another rejection letter from someone else in recruitment (for the correct job this time).

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appen (Mansfield, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Had a wonderful experience! A recruiter requested a video interview which was about 30 minutes. It was very conversational and told her about my previous experiences. Less than a day later they requested I speak with the hiring manager which was also very conversational as they wanted to know me as a person, as well as asked a few questions related to the job description. Within a week they offered me the position

Interview Questions

• What are your three best qualities? What is an area you are trying to improve on? Why Appen?   Answer Question

Linguist Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Appen (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

This company has been a headache to apply for; I am not even sure they're serious about employing people at this point. For all I know this is a scam. I applied to the position back in April. I heard back within 2 weeks and made it to the first stage of interviews. However, I got rejected because of a hiring freeze because of COVID, which is totally understandable. What has annoyed me the most is that ever since then I have received THREE emails from recruiters asking if I would RECOMMEND SOMEONE for the same position. Um... how about you give another look to my application?! TWO of those emails came from the SAME RECRUITER, who by they way I emailed with my resume and telling him I had applied using the link provided too. I don't blame the recruiters as it looks like they're working out of the Philipines and are probably outsourced and have little knowledge of the hiring process. But this is just ridiculous at this point. I thought I'd just check and maybe apply again, but I COULDN'T because my initial application still showed as "submitted" since April!! So I withdrew it and applied again, but really I just think this company's hiring process is a joke and I cannot take them seriously or recommend anyone apply for a job here.

Interview Questions

• Following a set of guidelines for transcription, transcribe Spanish sounds on paper.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to answer questions about regular expressions.   Answer Question
    • Semantic labeling of sentences following their company internal guidelines.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

good it was fairly easy had to take a quiz to pass but it was ok after. I liked the overall process of how easy it was to get involved.

Ads Quality Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

It was quite simple you just filled out the form that had pretty simple staright forward questions and after that you just had to wait until further instructions about two times but after that whole procces was done you began working.

Interview Questions

• If i had experience in this type of work before?   3 Answers

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Picayune, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Appen (Picayune, MS) in October 2019.

Interview

Everything done remotely via Whatsapp. They asked simple questions which required basic and straight forward answers. They were very flexible with the interview process and responded ina timely manner with any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel your tge person for this position? How can you be an asset to this company? What kind of experience do you have? Can you give an example of how you have been creative with your job and position in the past?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I received an initial message via linkedin. This was followed by a couple of 30-45m phone calls with the recruiter, who was a non-employee who had been hired by Appen for that purpose. After that, I had a single phone interview with the hiring manager.

Overall, it was a negative experience. The recruiter they had contracted, who ran her own business out of a neighboring city, talked about herself and her experiences and how she had placed "Director-Level" people at various companies for much of our phone time. She also consistently mentioned her career coaching business numerous times. My impression was that she didn't truly have much interest in the candidate and was potentially trying to drive me towards buying her career "coaching" services via alternately speaking positively about various non-verifiable accomplishments of her own or trying to get me to feel as though I needed her services to succeed. By the time I spoke with the actual hiring manager, I didn't feel much interest, as their hiring of a recruiter who acted so unprofessionally reflected poorly on the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you were proud of?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

Started with a basic online qualification information, legal name verification, then a basic qualification package followed by a qualification exam (unpaid). All steps after the basic online qualification are introduced in emails with a summary of your progress.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with technology?   2 Answers

Rater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appen (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2019.

Interview

I turned off all popup blockers and took this very time-consuming test. The links would not load correctly and so I could not answer the questions correctly. I was given a second chance to take the test and still the links in the questions would not load correctly. When I tried to talk to their support they would not help me. I have worked in tech for years. The links would show up with a link to the Rater landing page instead of the intended Ad Creative link. This was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• They want you to spend a week prepping for their proprietary test and then spend a day testing.   1 Answer