The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Appen? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Appen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible and you work from home" (in 529 reviews)
- "The hours are flexible and you get to choose if you want to do a job or not." (in 251 reviews)
- "The salaries are good for a college student like me and they always pay it on time." (in 73 reviews)
- "Great for a little bit of extra money but not a sole source of income." (in 71 reviews)
- "flexible time and set your own schedule" (in 55 reviews)
- "Low pay (depending on project); subject to termination without notice or sufficient explanation" (in 274 reviews)
- "Communication is bad and needs improvement" (in 92 reviews)
- "No benefits and no work periods : You can literally be dropped of anytime ." (in 81 reviews)
- "Lots of unpaid training and not much employee support or feedback" (in 61 reviews)
- "Clueless project managers, lack of information, very slow response time, poor administration and payment flow, ineffective and confusing project instructions, just a general chaos in project flow/management." (in 43 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Appen and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,844 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 4, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
-Fast growth and lots of opportunities to advance -Take part in cutting edge AI industry -Work with major customers and build connections
-Maturing organization with some growing pains- a bit of leadership turnover, etc. -Work can be repetitive depending on your role, best to look for new ways to contribute to keep growing
- Appen - Crowd | Division of AppenSep 24, 20233.0Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMonticello, KY
Consistent pay and sometimes there are tasks available
The work availability can be inconsistent
Appen Reviews FAQs
Appen has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 5,166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Appen to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Appen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Appen 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.