Applied Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA).

Interview

I went through a phone interview before a in person. The in person interview consist of a panel of different managers from different department. Received a third phone call follow up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a CAPA you recently resolved   1 Answer

Territory Manager Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

They are friendly upfront and seem to be indecisive on what they actually want. Which leads to a drawn out process. Overall timid approach to hiring. They could be more open with information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Was contacted by them for scheduling a phone interview but they took a week to get back to me. When they did get back to me, they scheduled it for the next morning. Phone interview was mainly personal/behavioral questions - took about 30 minutes. Got an email a few hours after that for on-site interview the following week. It was a panel interview with 6 guys and a lot of technical questions as they ask you to bring many work samples. Interview went for an hour and then a tour of the campus for another hour. Checked in with them after a week and a half, and did not get a response. After 3+ weeks, they got back to me and decided to continue with someone else.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted through email by a recruiter. Then talked with a different recruiter who called me an hour prior to our scheduled time (as I was waking up) for a phone screening. She quickly moved me to a phone interview with a hiring manager who mostly asked about previous experience and coursework. I was then moved along to an in-person panel interview with four engineers. They asked redundant experience and basic technical questions. I felt like I was talking way over their heads for the technical questions and one of the engineers was nodding off during my interview. Overall felt like there wasn't a good fit in terms of culture and the company's work. I was also not briefed about the job very well or about who I would be interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with CAD?   Answer Question
    • What kind of stress is this? How would you redesign this mechanism to handle this stress?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

30 minute phone interview going through my resume and asking slight technical questions about my work. . Followed by an onsite interview that was an hour long, required a powerpoint presentation of my previous work, and was mostly concentrated on my previous work.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

It's a panel interview. I had four people interviewers including the hiring manager. They are pretty nice and friendly. Questions are standard. Applied Medical has a beautiful campus at Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Lake Forest, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, i got an email from a process engineer asking when do i have time for phone screen interview. He sounded very nice and gave a proper time in the morning. I was asked the common interview questions like, "Tell me about yourself?"Also, it was pretty much a rundown of my resume. I gave him straightforward and confident answers about my projects and past work. Unfortunately, I didn't get reply back. I wish they would tell you why didn't advanced.

Interview Questions

• Have you done some technical writing?(i.e. lab manuals, reports)   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy, Streamline, Know Your Resume
    A very mediocre experience, my phone interview was great but when it got to the second panel webcam interview, the four engineers I talked to seemed very bored while I tried to be enthusiastic. Was told 6 days after I did not get the offer. Oh well reviews on this company didn't seem great.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Orange, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got asked to send in an essay. Phone calls: First stage, recruiter, second stage is engineering focused hiring manager, third stage is video call with engineering team. Fourth stage is an all expenses paid fly out to Santa Ana airport for 3 days for facility tours and 1 hour interview with engineering team

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time everything went wrong   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time a clinical stakeholder didn't like your design concepts   Answer Question
    • Continued specific questions about projects and work on resume.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process is very time consuming. I had to go through 5 different phases, with 2-3 weeks between each phase. First was the online application and HR would get back asking for a 500 word essay about my skills. A couple weeks later was a pre-screening phone interview. It took them a couple of weeks to set up the next phone interview with Engineering Director, which was a bit more detailed in terms of skills and knowledge. Afterwards an interview via webcam also very detailed in terms of skills and previous work experience, and lastly an in-person interview where they give you a tour of the company and then the interview with a few engineering team members.

Overall process was very straightforward and everyone will tell you you are doing great and you are the strongest candidate. At the end of the day they didn't offer me the job, which seemed like a waste of time since everything took around 4 months to complete.

Interview Questions

• Everything will be based off your essay and application. They will want you to showcase your previous work, so having a portfolio is very handy, I really recommend putting one together.   Answer Question