Applied Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Medical Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I applied online and was reached for a phone interview by a current engineer. At no time was I in contact with a HR person of any sort, which I found surprising. The phone interview was pretty standard. Typically questions about background and past experiences as well as some questions about relevant topics. After the phone interview, I was invited for an onsite interview a few days later.

The onsite portion begins with a tour around Applied Medical's facilities. The tour is nice, but I noticed that every building had a low energy, dull vibe. Though the facilities are huge, I didn't notice many people walking around, having meetings, talking etc.

The panel interview itself was weird. It felt very tense. One person would ask a question, I would answer, and then an awkward silence until someone else asked another question. It was hard to have meaningful conversation and in the end I don't think they really got to know me or vice versa. I also thought the questions themselves were unusual. They would ask very specific questions about minor details in a very aggressive, accusatory way. It felt borderline disrespectful. It was like one big intimidation tactic and definitely stands out compared to past interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what specific changes you made in each iteration?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I applied during a mass interview. And I got a call a week after and was set for a personal interview by a Manager Supervisor and a Lead.Interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds: Phone briefing, 00:45-1:00 skype interview w/ 3 OA team members (behavioral), and onsite tour and interview with 6 OA team members (almost all behavioral questions and mostly same as the skype interview).
    Medium to Difficult behavioral questions, almost exclusively behavioral questions/experiences. Also “what excel functions do you know”

The Operations Associate is basically a glorified manufacturing supervisor position.
    Employees very vague on responsibilities because they are trying to make the position seem a lot “more” than it really is.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 3 in-person interview. Was asked to read a book and report back how it applied. Met locally and then traveled a couple hours to meet regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company.   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

1. Online app
    2. Phone Interview
    3. District Manager (in-person)
    4. Hiring Manager

District manager do not make the hiring decision. The process was very unorganized with several red flags. I would not recommend Applied Medical for employment to anyone. My application was poorly handle and I am qualified for the position. District managers are not professional and have bias towards candidates that do not fit the typical profile (young age, ethnic background and etc. ) Look at the DM profiles online and you will see for yourself.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

They contacted me to set up a phone interview via email. They called and I talked to two employees for about 30 minutes saying they would get in touch later. They emailed the next day asking for a webcam interview which I did and then they did not reply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to figure something out without any help?
      Describe projects/anything on resume.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Santa Margarita, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone all personal question, to sum it all up we just had a normal chat back and forth where you would describe your background and how you would fit into the company

Automation Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and gave him an overview of my resume and projects. He gave me a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview and send me a link to submit an application for the position. On the day of the interview their phone call was right on time. I spent about 25-30 minutes answering and asking questions regarding my background and the position. At the conclusion of the interview they stated they would let me know if they would like to proceed with an in person panel interview. A few days later I was called again and offered the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your position in regards to some of the projects on your resume?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Medical conduct interviews for different positions on the same day and time. A panel of 3-4 managers/supervisors first introduce themselves and then ask to know about you. The interview is somehow lengthier and different to what you may expect for a production associate job. They ask you questions as though they are hiring you for a manager's or supervisor's position, so prepare yourself for questions involving problem solving, overcoming pressure and time management. After the interview, they will let you know in a week and the hiring process usually doesnt take more than two weeks.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone discussion about my skills and resume. Was told that I was a good candidate and would be contacted within a week to set up a technical interview. Was contacted about 3 weeks later asking if I was still interested in the position and I responded that I was. Heard nothing until I was contacted about 2 months later saying that the position was filled. Very poor communication and professionalism on their end.