Applied Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Medical Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

30 minute phone interview going through my resume and asking slight technical questions about my work. . Followed by an onsite interview that was an hour long, required a powerpoint presentation of my previous work, and was mostly concentrated on my previous work.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA).

Interview

It's a panel interview. I had four people interviewers including the hiring manager. They are pretty nice and friendly. Questions are standard. Applied Medical has a beautiful campus at Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Ames, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially applied on LinkedIn and was contacted via LinkedIn messaging and instructed to apply formally on the company website and answer a few brief essay questions about projects I've worked on. I responded initially to the recruiter with a "thank you," finished the application and emailed the recruiter directly, thanking her again and informing her that I'd finished the application. I was not contacted back after either of these emails, which was irking but I understand that recruiters are busy. A few weeks later I got an email from the same recruiter asking to set up a brief phone interview. She gave me her available times and I told her I could speak with her at 11:00am the next day. I didn't hear back from her after my email, but expected to call at that time if she didn't contact me after 11:00am. I waited expecting her call, but when she hadn't contacted me by 11:10, I called her and left a message. I still haven't heard back via email or phone. It's hard enough to get an interview, and when the interviewer doesn't follow through with the simple task of contacting recruits it's very irritating.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project that most closely relates to the position for which you applied?   Answer Question
    • Please tell me about a recent problem you solved or process you improved?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2017.

Interview

My experience is similar to another's I saw on here. I initially quick applied on linked in, months later got an email from the recruiter asking me to apply to with an essay answer to 2 questions. 4 weeks later, same recruiter asked me to set up an interview time for the next couple of days. When the time came for the 15 minute interview, she didn't call, so I called her 20 minutes after the scheduled time and emailed her asking to set up another time. No answer

Interview Questions

• Describe the most applicable position you've had and the specific tools,procedures etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an engineer and asked for a phone interview for the next day. Interviewed the next day with two engineers over the phone. Was notified that I would not continue with the process within 24 hours

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to fix something by yourself without anyone's help. What ideas did you come up with that were applied to this project you worked on? Many questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by an HR person to turn in additional documents for the interview process. I submitted the documents within the time frame provided (three business days). I didn't hear back for about two weeks. The HR person finally emailed me to set up a phone interview. She gave me several time slots to choose from and I chose the one that was most convenient for me. She emailed later that night at around 8.30pm to tell me that she could not make that time anymore and offered another time. I responded an hour later saying that that would work. I prepared for the phone interview the next day and waited for the call. She did not call. I emailed her half an hour later, called her and left a message. I did not hear back from her. I tried to email again the next and called a few days later, there was still no response from the recruiter. I continued leaving voice messages and even called the company's main number to transfer me to her, still, no call, no email, no response.
    This reflects really badly on the HR staff at Applied Medical. I saw that this happened to another person who was contacted for an interview. I would not like to work there anymore after this incident.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project that most closely relates to the position for which you applied. Describe in detail your specific role in that project. What specific tools, languages, protocols, regulatory standards, testing methods, types of interfaces and circuits did you use in this project?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

First, I had a Phone interview with recruiter which was really straight forward. After that I was interviewed by a panel of engineers over the phone. They asked questions directly related to my resume and asked me to explain some of the projects that I listed. I didn't get an offer to interview in person.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was an interview with 3 people over the phone, 4 over video interview. For the third interview I was flown out to Rancho Santa Margarita, I was given a tour and then there was an hour long interview. The interview was easy, no technical questions they pretty much go over your resume line by line.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the development process?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Santa Margarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 other process engineers, despite the expectation of the interview being one-on-one. The interviewers largely disregarded the content of the submitted resume and asked redundant questions, as well as very specific technical questions that weren't relevant to the position or the resume.

Interview Questions

• Interview was entirely technical, despite only being a phone screen   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university portal for the job posting. It took around 2 months to get reply from them. I got a call from them to set up on site interview the same week. I agreed to it.
    At the end of the interview they said they will let me know the result within a week. I did not receive any communication from them for 3 weeks, so I emailed and enquired about my interview status. I did not get any reply from them. So, again after 1 week I called the person who contacted me to schedule interview initially to know about the decision, she said that she would call me back and let me know. I never received call back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about one of my academic project. They also asked questions on my work experience. The whole interview revolved around my resume and projects.   Answer Question