ArcBest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a digital interview first, and then once it was viewed was emailed whether or not moving onto personal interview or not and then was called to set up a time and date for personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle cubical life?   1 Answer

Robotics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a preliminary telephonic call by the company for initial screening. I was asked some basic pre-screening questions based on my resume and job profiling. The call went on for about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most interesting project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • What is the definition of an Ideal manager for you?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcBest.

Interview

Attended a career fair at a college. Then ArcBest selects who they want to interview later that week on campus. There is another interview in Fort Smith if you are selected for that. They will bring you down to stay in a hotel and show you around the town.

Interview Questions

• Technical programming problem that had to do with a problem that they fixed   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I had a quick phone interview, then met an associate director on-site for the first face-to-face interview. I was asked many questions regarding background, technical abilities, and - most importantly - personality. I was invited back about two weeks later for a full-day interview meeting different teams and the different teams' associate directors. The interviews consisted of several one-on-one interviews and a couple of team interviews which included technical questions and programming questions.

Interview Questions

• Look at this existing piece of code and troubleshoot it. What is it doing, and can you walk us through it? Is it correct or incorrect? How would you change it - why/how?   Answer Question

Human Resources Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. They asked my experience as a college student. They were very friendly. I feel like they would be an excellent company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to work hard?   1 Answer

Enterprise Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a 25-min phone interview w/2 employees (project manager + 1 other). Then was invited for an on-site round-table interview w/4 employees (project managers, engineers). Mostly behavioral questions. Seems like the company wanted to ensure its employees have a personality beyond their jobs (one project manager wore a light purple suit and a bowtie) and they asked a few fun questions (What's something weird about you? What's your walk-out song?). After the group discussion, met with the ECS director but didn't really get asked any questions, just got an overview of the vision of the program (since ECS is new).

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself without discussing what’s on your resume
      - What are your strengths and weaknesses (but don’t tell us a fake weakness like “I’m a perfectionist); Tell us a time when you encountered this weakness and what you did about it
      - Why are you interested in our company and this position?
      - Tell us about a time when you did something that made a big impact on someone and what the outcome was
      - Name one thing you are passionate about
      - Tell us a weird thing about yourself that you are secretly proud of
      - What are you looking for in a job/internship?
      - How would you feel about dealing with an upset customer? How would you handle the situation?
      - Why might the company operate at a loss? (To establish/maintain customer relationships, to get our name out, to continue generating some sort of revenue instead of none at all)
      - Tell us about your graduate research work
      - What does work ethic mean to you and what motivates you?
      - How would you describe your attention to detail?
      - Tell us about a time when you had an idea that was strongly opposed and what you did about it
      - What would your walkout song be?   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

I applied through the career services at my school. I was contacted within a week for an on-campus interview the following week. I showed up and realized the interviewers were at their offices and the interview was through video conference. It was a good interview, mostly behavioral. The recruiter did a good job of staying in touch with updates.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was primarily a psychological and emotional check, though there were a little bit of questions on skill sets and simple algorithmic challenges. All interviewers were incredibly friendly and down-to-Earth.

Quotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

Process consisted of a phone interview, two face-to-face interviews and an extensive background check. The phone interview consisted of very basic background questions and resume clarification. The first face-to-face interview consisted of behavioral and situational questions followed by a skills test (math and typing). The second face-to-face interview was with the VP of sales and consisted of more behavioral and personal questions to see if I was a fit for the culture.

I was offered the position the same week and accepted. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions.

What is a time where you dealt with a disgruntled customer and still created a successful sales situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not Negotiate.

Systems Analyst () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in October 2011.

Interview

All day process. Interviewed with 5 people and went to lunch with a group of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. No salary increase or more vacation.