ArcBest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcBest Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArcBest (Medina, OH).

Interview

John is the in house recruiter. He is fantastic. They really got it right when they found him! He found my resume on a popular job website and called. I had two phone calls. The first a soft screen and then he scheduled a phone screen to discuss the opportunity in more depth. Also asked me several questions. This was enjoyable. I had two in person interviews with the department manager and finally our floors head boss. It was also enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcBest (Medina, OH).

Interview

These people have no idea what they're doing. I applied and interviewed for this position but did not have a normal 1st shift available. They then decided to interview me for a different position because of the normal hours. They then called me and said the hiring manager changed their mind and decided to go with internal candidates instead. Then they called me back and offered to interview me for another position with good hours. No word for a week. Then I decided to call to follow up, I was told the hiring manager CHANGED THEIR MIND and decided to go with an internal candidate yet again.
    I can't believe the utter incompetency between HR and management. No communication. You can't just tell someone something and then take it back. Are we children?

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a digital interview first, and then once it was viewed was emailed whether or not moving onto personal interview or not and then was called to set up a time and date for personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle cubical life?   1 Answer

Robotics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a preliminary telephonic call by the company for initial screening. I was asked some basic pre-screening questions based on my resume and job profiling. The call went on for about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most interesting project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • What is the definition of an Ideal manager for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Interview

I had a very positive experience with them both on the phone interview and in person. Phone interview probably lasted about 20 minutes and the actual interview was about an hour long including a company tour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      What skills/traits do you bring to the table?
      How do you cope with stress?   Answer Question

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcBest (Medina, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

it was none they just ask question, find you a bad contractor, just any old greedy contractor, you go to OR, they drug test you, and that's it you hired.

Interview Questions

• nothing they do all the talking   1 Answer

Truck Fulfillment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcBest (Fort Smith, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

Just wanted to know personality mainly. Were you going to stay with the company long term? What else do you need to know about the job? Just show that you are talkative and that you are capable of communicating clearly then you should be fine.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcBest.

Interview

Very long process but everything I have heard it seems very worth it! Have my 3rd interview tomorrow so fingers crossed! Had a phone interview, in person interview with HR rep, second in person with manager and third with sales manager and operations manager.

Programmer Analyst () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcBest.

Interview

Attended a career fair at a college. Then ArcBest selects who they want to interview later that week on campus. There is another interview in Fort Smith if you are selected for that. They will bring you down to stay in a hotel and show you around the town.

Interview Questions

• Technical programming problem that had to do with a problem that they fixed   1 Answer

Driver Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ArcBest in August 2015.

Interview

I came in from a different department and the hiring managers already know me so it wasn't a conventional interview. They knew I already had the credentials I needed, they just wanted to make sure I could handle the position.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle multi tasking and juggling many tasks at once?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate salary, but considering they knew what I made at my previous position, they didn't budge. Salary should have a general SOP and they need to take my experience and longevity into consideration. It was very upsetting that I got low balled on salary because I had been screwed over salary wise in my previous position