Arcanys Interview Questions
Updated Feb 4, 2023
- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Bataan
- - Cebu City, Philippines
- - Cebu City
- - Talisay, Province of Cebu
- - Lahug
- - Lapu-Lapu City
- - Guadalupe, Cebu City
- - Alegria, Province of Cebu
- - Busay, Cebu City
- - Talamban, Cebu City
- - Carmen, Province of Cebu
- - Minglanilla
- - Bogo, Province of Cebu
- - San Fernando, Province of Cebu
- - Mambaling, Cebu City
- - Agus, Lapu-Lapu
- - Manila
- - Manila, Philippines
- - Manila, Manila
- - Batangas, Batangas City
- - Province of Cebu
- - Cebu City
- - Lapu-Lapu
- - Benguet
- - La Union
- - Cagayan de Oro
- - Davao
- - Batangas City
- - Iloilo City
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Arcanys
Interviews for Top Jobs at Arcanys
- Web Developer (8)
- Java Software Developer (2)
- Software Test Engineer (2)
- .NET Developer (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- Software Testing Engineer (1)
- Administrative Specialist (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Senior .NET Developer (1)
- Senior Business Analyst (1)
- Front End Web Developer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Test Automation Engineer (1)
- Senior Net Developer (1)
- Cloud Operations Engineer (1)
- Golang Developer (1)
- Junior Laravel Developer (1)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minglanilla
I applied online. I interviewed at Arcanys (Minglanilla) in Jan 2023
the recruitment process has four stages: an initial interview with the recruiter, 2nd interview with the department you're going to be assigned to, higher management, and finally the CEO. the initial interview felt like an interrogation and they will definitely ask you questions about the skills they're looking for. the 2nd interview questions are similar to the initial. If you have lacking skills that they need, don't expect to get to the next stage.
- Tell me about yourself and what are your skills and strengths will help you for this role.
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. I interviewed at Arcanys
It was a very simple interview that relates to the work experience and projects one has been in and its technologies used. The interviewer was very patient considering I was late for at least 8 minutes, since I didn't find the online interview invite on my main inbox, rather it was directed to my spam folder. Also, the interviewer was very concise and answers questions to the best of his/her abilities and knowledge.
- What were the technologies used by the projects you have been in?
Got a burning question about Arcanys? Just ask!
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Arcanys in Sep 2022
I only got to an early stage of the interview process. I submitted an application through their website and got scheduled for an online interview a day or two later. The interview was decent; it was a forty-ish minute interview and it was like having a normal conversation. Not too formal but just casual enough. After that, I was sent a take-home exam for skill assessment. Didn't really know if I passed or not as the only thing I've received after was that they couldn't proceed with my application as according to them, their "hiring requirements have changed".
- Can you list down the technologies you are proficient with?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guba, Cebu City
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Arcanys (Guba, Cebu City) in May 2022
The screening process was smooth and fast, from the initial call, to the internal technical exam, until the internal technical interview. The HR was kind and the technical interviewers were very smart. I have learned a lot from them. Also talked with the CEO. The CEO asks you to AGREE to a salary before you can proceed with the client interview. This took about a week. Scheduling the technical exam and final interview with their client actually took more than 2 weeks which is long. Talked to the manager and the client. They were very kind. I had so much fun. After a few days, I received an offer. Overall, the process from the screening to the job offer was almost a month. Entire Process: 1. Screening call 2. Internal technical exam 3. Internal technical interview 4. Call with the CEO 5. Client technical exam 6. Client interview 7. Job offer I have declined the offer (because of a better offer).
- What are your past experiences using Go that helped your previous employer or you're most proud of?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arcanys in Dec 2021
1. I applied via their website. I carefully read the job description to make sure I am qualified for a Senior Business Analyst role. 2. I got an email from them asking me for the following. (A. Kindly provide a breakdown of your current gross monthly salary (basic, allowances, night differential, etc.). B. What is your expected gross monthly salary? (We value realistic expectations. Feel free to explain your rationale.) C. Availability to start.) 3. A and B are kinda discriminatory. But I let it slide since I also don't want to waste both of our time so I gave them my answer. 4. I received a rejection email that they will not be able to invite me to the next phase. The email didn't contain any reason. 5. I replied to that email as to why I was rejected. After 30 minutes of silence, I replied again saying "Please reply or this goes to Glassdoor and Jobstreet." 6. I received a call after an hour and they explained to me that they are looking for at least 5 years BA experience and they assessed my CV that I am only junior at this capacity which is pretty funny because I've been part of solo projects since 2014 where I am the one gathering my own requirements and even create my own deployment/qa sign offs. They also mention that my tech stack is not inline with theirs. Are you kidding me? Are you hiring me for a dev role or a BA role? Verdict: This is either a discriminatory move or just a salary market research presented as a job opening.
- Kindly provide a breakdown of your current gross monthly salary (basic, allowances, night differential, etc.).
- What is your expected gross monthly salary? (We value realistic expectations. Feel free to explain your rationale.)
- When is your availability to start?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Arcanys
HR interview. Code exam. Technical interview. Final interview. Technical interview is more conversational than 'quizzy'. Panel of two/three are only trying to gauge what you already know. This is one of the very few places I know who are able to do technical exams and interviews correctly. As long as you know your stack, you don't need to worry. No live leet code. They dig deep on topics important for the role.
- Give an example of polymorphism, and relate it to real life Future career plans Have you worked with threads
I interviewed at Arcanys
It was a very long interview process where after which I had to wait again a few more weeks but I do understand as they may be dependent on client or project availability.
- Its more of some basics about the tech stack.
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arcanys in Mar 2021
Interview process was long. HR Interview followed by technical exam then if passed you go to the final technical interview with one of their senior architects. It took some few weeks in between the processes.
- It was more on tech questions related to tech I have experienced with
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arcanys
You will be interviewed first with HR, next is to take the technical exam(quite difficult :smiley: ), after passing the exam you will undergo a technical interview and if you pass, you will be scheduled for a CEO interview.
- Your past work and experiences
Anonymous Employee in Banawa, Cebu City
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcanys (Banawa, Cebu City) in Sep 2020
1.) HR Interview 2.) Technical Exam 3.) Technical Interview 4.) Interview with CEO This process only took less than 2 weeks to complete and it was all done from home. You can take the Technical Exam on the weekends which is very convenient when you have to work on the weekdays.
- They will ask you questions based off your resume and the technology you want to focus on.
Arcanys Interviews FAQs
Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Arcanys as 82.8% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.14 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Net Developer and Web Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Junior Laravel Developer and Senior .NET Developer roles were rated as the easiest.
The hiring process at Arcanys takes an average of 9.14 days when considering 29 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Test Automation Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).
Common stages of the interview process at Arcanys according to 29 Glassdoor interviews include:
One on One Interview: 25.30%
Group Panel Interview: 13.25%
Drug Test: 9.64%
Personality Test: 8.43%
Phone Interview: 8.43%
Skills Test: 2.41%
IQ Intelligence Test: 1.20%