Archstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Archstone Interview Questions

2.6

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Archstone (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very thorough. Expect to meet with community manager(s) and even regional managers prior to being hired, as well as doing an extensive background and pre-employment screening, including a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and if I had the ability to work at various communities in Los Angeles, CA.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Archstone (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had about five interviews: phone and four face to face
    Once I met the community manager I had to meet two more before I could be approved and go to the regional. Long but well worth it!

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would help close on a prospect that you are following up with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy negotiations as they valued what I had to say about my income requirements. They tool first offer.

Benefits Manager Interview

Interview

The interview and hiring process was accomplished quickly. I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed with the hiring manager, her boss and finally the staff. Interviewing with the staff was beneficial as it gave me insight to the team I would be working with and their needs and desires. Once I was selected for the job, there was a background check which was easy.

Interview

3 interviews all managers and OM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was clear and acceptable

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Archstone (Englewood, CO).

Interview

I started as a temp and was hired based on performance and contribution.

Negotiation

I suggested that I needed $1. more per hour and it was accepted.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Archstone (Denver, CO).

Interview

I found out about the opportunity through a recuiter. The company was great, very professional and organized. I had 2 interviews, one with the hiring manager and the following interview with the hiring manager, 2 other deparment managers, and a VP.

Interview Questions

• I had to complete a Excel test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went through a recuiter, so I negotiated through the recuiter.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Archstone (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn and was casually looking for a new job at the time so I responded. I had a quick informational interview via phone and applied. What I am really disturbed about and why I am writing this today is that I just found out that they called a current co-worker of mine for a reference at some point in this process. Apparently he was a friend of a friend of someone in their company. I am incredibly offended by this, considering I was recruited and never even truly interviewed for the position; however, they alerted my current employer that I was interviewing with other companies. I don't care if it was off the record, it affected my employment, and the perception of my co-worker to me and I'm not happy about it. That is really bad practice. Beware when applying to this company, especially if you are only casually looking.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Archstone (Redwood Shores, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple of days later I got an email to fill out a questionnaire. After finishing the questionnaire I got an email to schedule a phone interview. About two weeks later I had an interview with the manager at the complex. The manager then told me she would contact me in a couple of weeks about the job.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Archstone (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

3 Personal Interviews, 2 skills test, 1 personality test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

More funds

IT Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Archstone (Englewood, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. A couple of phone calls later, we had an in-person interview.

I was interviewed by the department director, the QA director, three software developers and a project manager. All four groups gave me conflicting information regarding the projects they were working on. Each group complained about the other group. There was obvious project management breakdown and little interest in fixing communications between the groups. The project manager seemed to be energized by conflict and impossible deadlines. She was very confrontational throughout the entire interview process.

When the department director came back after all of the interviews, I told him exactly what I had experienced. He apologized repeatedly and (supposedly) clarified all of the conflicting information I received from each party.

He was disinterested in the idea of making department communications better. He also admitted it was a bad environment and they needed help repairing their departmental/personnel conflicts.

I was not offered the position, as I had expected. I would have turned it down anyway. This was a very poor experience and I feel really bad for the people working at this company.

The project manager needs to be fired. Any resource who is energized by conflict is going to cause major problems; particularly disrupt productivity and moral.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle local caching of a web application in case you want that web application to run without an internet connection on the client? (I respond.) Oh, that's a good idea. But wait, we mean just for Chrome? (I respond.) Oh, that would work, too, but we are looking for something specific. (I respond.) Oh, we'll just tell you. You could use Local DB storage using HTML 5. (I respond.) Oh, we know you don't have HTML 5 experience, but we decided to ask the question and waste your time, as well as ours, to try to get a very specific answer out of you, but without giving you a specific question! Isn't this fun?   1 Answer