Arista Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Lowell, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I met the representatives at the job fair and gave them my resume. Interview was scheduled on campus after about a week.I was asked about my projects. On Campus interview, basic questions about bit manipulation structure padding and strings. Discussion about the networking industry. Coding was done on vim. Basic knowledge of linux is a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met a representative at a career fair, and it went well when I told him about my interest/experience in dealing with networks. As we were talking he put a star on my resume, which led to being invited for an interview. All the interview questions he can ask are already posted on Glassdoor, so make sure to check all of them out. The interviewer only expects that you spend all 45 minutes on one question (vercmp), but if you practice, you can answer more (I fully coded/answered 3 within that time). However my vercmp wasn't able to work in time, so that's probably why I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Vercmp in C using strtok.
      2. Find the missing number in a sorted array of numbers. Binary search, O(log n) time.
      3. Given a linked list and a target value, delete all nodes with that target value in the list.
      4. Look at and understand 2 bit manipulation functions, which one is faster, use gettimeofday to time the functions.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. The interviewer was very nice and patient. Like everyone else, I was asked to login their server via ssh and finish some coding problems. In addition to the problems themselves, I was also asked some questions about the C language and computer systems.

Interview Questions

• The problems are almost the same as what others have posted here, but to answer them well, you'll have to be very familiar with C (yes, C not C++), command-line debugging, man page, and working with editors like Vim or Emacs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen Completely Technical Questions, It takes about one hour, you will ssh log on their system to write c code. The problems are well organized in several c files

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

for the on campus interview. Just a coding question. ssh to server and use provided makefile and test cases, complete the function in C and test it. takes about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• implement a function that merge 2 sorted linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. Say hello and begin coding. 2 coding question. you have 1 hour to finish the code.Need to write code in Vim editor which is so annoying.

Interview Questions

• Find missing number in sorted array. time complexity need to be O(log(n)).
      remove duplicates from link list.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview and it was great. The interviewer was nice and it was a easy interview but I wasn't prepared enough on some fundamentals in operating systems, actually computer systems stuffs. The algorithm part was easy and it's better to use C or C++, otherwise prepared for tricky questions for Java or other languages.

Interview Questions

• BST in-order traverse; find minimum in BST; find next element in BST   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arista Networks in December 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews in total, the first round is on-campus, the second round is phone interview, in both cases, you are required to ssh into a server to write C code with vi or vim and run the test cases provided. They will call you during the second interview. Questions include "the most tricky c interview questions", staff like that. Problems are tricky.

Interview Questions

• Implement a generic stack API in C
      Function parameters evaluation order, function call stack, OS, virtual memory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I did a coding test first, and then came in for an interview with a software engineer. The interview lasted for an hour and a half. I was asked various standard coding questions, and had to use C to solve them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at campus job fair and he gave me a screening a couple of days later. Recruiter was very friendly and understanding. Screening was C/C++ based. Problems were on string manipulation, bit shifting, and C structs. Was told I passed but waiting to hear back for the next step.