Arista Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Arista Networks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

My interview was a phone interview that required me to ssh into their servers die a technical coding interview. The coding portion took around 20 minutes, and the remaining time of the 1 hour interview involved questions on data structures and talking about what I have done and my experiences. The coding portion was implementing functions of a binary search tree. The other questions asked by mouth were on things like linked lists, comparing singly vs doubly-linked, their time costs, etc. All in all, there was a big focus on data structures.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement some functions of a binary search tree such as finding the next node with inorder traversal. It was then tested with pre-written tests. This was all done in C.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an in person interview. My dad works at this company and he talked to the VP of software and got me an interview. I was informed I got the job two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the next node in a binary search tree.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through University Career website. Got an interview from Arista 3 hours after applying. (I guess they are bringing a lot into interview.) However, that is also the reason they are very slow when coming to decisions.

Interview Questions

• Add two integers that is represented in linked list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Applied through campus job fair. 1 hour on campus interview. Ask to write code and debug on recruiter's mac by vim, and tested by some prepared test cases.The same as others' question, to find missing number in continuous integer sequence.

Interview Questions

• The same as others, to find missing number in continuous integer sequence. Make sure to think clearly about edge case.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks in November 2014.

Interview

I have a on campus interview. All the questions are technical, never mentioned about my background or my thought. The coding question is easy. It is about output node's value in a linked list by fibonacci sequence. Then the interviewer asked my to choose one set of questions. There are about 6 sets. I chose OOP first and did very bad in this part. The questions are very basic concept questions that I learnt in undergraduate. Then I chose to answer networking questions. He showed me 10 networking protocols and let me to explain some of them in detail. Such as BGP, OSPF, DHCP, etc. I did good in this part. I think the interview is not too hard, but you really need to be familiar with basic concepts.

Interview Questions

• What's the pure virtue function and how to use it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume to the HR, and received an interview one week after. The talk was really nice. First I was asked to write a simple function. Then I was asked to choose some questions from the categories like Unix, C++, Networking etc.. The questions were fairly difficult and detailed, but the interviewer did not ask for too much. Got the offer just the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic coding question, delete a certain node in a linked list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone screens or one phone screen and one on site. Totally up to the interviewee. I've actually done interviews for the company. It is pretty selective.

Negotiation

I was right out of college and did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I contacted a recruiter by email and I got a call for a phone interview within a few days. During the phone interview, the interviewer made me do SSH into their system. He asked me a question on removing nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.

He had some code ready and I had to write the code for the function RemoveNode and compile and run it. I messed it up with some logical errors which led to Segmentation Fault. The interviewer wasn't helpful and would sometimes not respond at all when asked something by me.

Then he asked a vague question about how will you debug the code when a customer may complain about the system not working. I gave some answer but then he decided to end the interview. He said I need more practice and would like if I reapply when I am ready. So in short it was a reject at the end of the call itself.

Interview Questions

• Remove nodes in a linked list having a particular integer data value.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Worst Experience in all of the interviews I have attended.

First about me. I had graduated 4 years ago and I had quite some experience in the industry.
    The first round is you have to ssh into thier system and the interviewer had 2 questions for me. Some clever way of linked List printing and another clever way of tree traversal.
    I nailed both these questions, all the tests passed and The interviewer was all praise for me.
    He told me that I was to be ready for the next round, Congratulations and all.

Now comes the interesting part.

The second interviewer asks me to send my Degree Transcripts <wth? I'm not a fresher> Ok, I send it.
    My GPA at masters is 3.5/4 and my Undergrad was 8/10.
    He looks at those and he sends me a reject email without even interviewing me.
    First of all, I'm not a fresher, and if at all I'm hired, Arista gets to employ someone who obviously has more than academic knowledge.

So mean people, and heavy headed people. They could have told me that there is a GPA cut off even for non-freshers so that I could have better used my time, bad interview process.

Interview Questions

• Linkedlist intelligent printing.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arista Networks (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was almost through during the interview process and director showed up with a floating point question. In an embedded environment I never used floating point for any thing and could not able to answer that Q. He said that he will not hire me for that.

Interview Questions

• It is basically about representation of 0 in floating number using hex.   1 Answer