Arista Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Arista Networks

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Meet them at a college career fair and then got a call for a 30 min coding interview. The interview was purely technical questions based from the start. Ask to code on the terminal.

Interview Questions

• Bitwise operation questions, guess the output of the code   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Had first a technical screening interview with a recruiter that I passed. Then I had a second 2-hour interview with two higher-level people. The second interview was mostly technical with programming questions in C.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arista Networks in November 2020.

Interview

1 hour phone screen followed by 1 hour technical interview. Both were the same format, except video was on for the second interview -- SSH into their servers and do some leetcode-esque problems.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen 1:
      Q1: Some questions about BSTs. The BST had a parent pointer, which kind of threw me off, since I didn't realize it did until about 20 minutes into the question. I think one of the questions was printing the BST in order (aka do an inorder traversal).

Q2: Finding Islands on Leetcode

Final Rd Interview:
      Q1: Finding the missing element in a sorted, consecutive list of numbers, aka [11,12,13,15]. This is very easy to do with binary search

Q2: Given a linked list, modify it in place to contain only the Fibonacchi-indexed nodes. For example, it should only contain the 0th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, etc. nodes. This was pretty tricky but somehow I did it without the interviewers help.

No behavioral questions at all, which I appreciated.   1 Answer

Software Enigneer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2020.

Interview

two rounds for location santa clara, I got the interview through career fair at university. The person I talked to passed on my resume for next round. The questions were easy and heavy weight was given to being able to code in C++. Lots of C and C++ specific things were asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. find missing number in sorted elements
      2. general c++ coding and debugging   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Went over my resume and asked some questions related to circuits and signal and systems such as low-pass high-pass filters. Make sure to prepare for behavioral questions. The overall difficulty is not so hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Boston, MA) in October 2020.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and he asked me about my understanding of C an operating system. And I also wrote some C codes. It went well and I got passed to the next turn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Nash, VA) in October 2020.

Interview

The interview process had two sets of interviews in total. Initial round was 1 hour long coding round and next round had two interviews (both happened to be technical) while the recruiter said the interview with themanager will be more of behavioural.

Interview Questions

• Initial rounds test on bit manipulation, memory hierarchy in C. The final involved design questions such as how will you implement OOPs in C, design malloc() and dealloc() and so on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Troy, NY) in October 2020.

Interview

First the employer asked me to introduce myself. Then we went over the details in my resume. Then the employer asked me to ask questions mainly about data structures. Some questions include: map insertion time(average time, worst case).

Interview Questions

• In what situation do you use linked list over hash map?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks in October 2020.

Interview

Technical interview involving solving 1 problem of finding the missing number in a sorted list, after considering a brute force solution the interviewer prompted me to come up with a faster solution with binary search. He was helping along the way and very nice. Then moved on to some tracing problem in C++, pointers related. In the end, he gave an overview of my performance which is very helpful!

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

It was alright, received from an interview shortly after applying. Did an online interview with them looking at my code directly online. No behavioral questions, just technical questions. Definitely not as hard looking back at it but definitely not your standard leetcode questions.