Aruba Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aruba Networks Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

1 coderpad interview + 4 on site interviews. They have a very below average engineering team. Mostly from a south asian country. Most of the interviewers have no clue what they are talking about. I asked one of them what do you work on and he went on about Kubernetes deployment. I mean wtf? One of the managers just kept talking away for 25 mins and when I asked a basic question she seemed irritated. As they say, if you hire B players they will try to bring in C players so that they can keep their jobs. They definitely don't want to raise the bar with each hire and more interested in preserving their own jobs. Join this company if you don't want to grow in your career.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find elements in first set which don't exist in second set.
      2. Some stupid design question regarding publish subscribe model where interviewer had no clue what they were talking about.
      3. A question on filling a minesweeper board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I had given my resume at a career fair and was contacted 15 days later for the interview. The first round technical interview was a phone call which cross checked your knowledge about the depth of networking that you mention in your resume as well as the level of coding skills you have.

Interview Questions

• TCP vs UDP   Answer Question
    • System Calls in socket programming   Answer Question
    • You have a file with which has a string of characters, identify the count of a certain character. Give Algorithm and system calls you might use.   Answer Question
    • Static keyword, Global vs local variable.   Answer Question
    • Beacon structure (frame format) while beaconing in between access points.   Answer Question

Wireless Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the Aruba recruiters at Purdue Grad Career Expo. I got an email one month later for a telephonic interview. It lasted for one hour and we had a technical discussions regarding IEEE and wireless mobile protocols, C ++ Programming and Ubuntu systems.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on algorithms and their running time and one practical question regarding sorting algorithm was asked.   Answer Question

WLAN Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a mail from HR for technical interview. Process took a 2-3 weeks. Had one technical interview with QA team and then a second interview with Hiring Manger. Whole process took 4-5 weeks

Interview Questions

• Networking question about DNS, DHCP, IPV4, IPV6, testing of access points etc. But all question were targeted towards Networking concepts towards a great depth. Some questions based on my work ex, project i have done and coursework.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks in December 2016.

Interview

first phone screened by recruiter - he came across as arogant , was surprised he put me through to phone interview w/ hiring mgr and then face to face interviews. Hiring Mgr focused on the negatives of the team and org; didnt seem aligned with their manager. Onsite interviews on two separate occasions - in each case the line up of people changed. Recruiter and Hiring Manager made me a verbal offer -then sent me a generic email saying thank your resume looks good but not a fit; never returned calls or emails. Strangest experience ever - based upon this I am glad I don't work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to engage and communicate with team members.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

It was an 1-hour on-site interview following the university career fair. The recruiter was very nice. He asked very simple question and at last he said he would recommend me to the cloud team.

Interview Questions

• Write a python program on paper except "HelloWorld"   1 Answer
    • What happens behind the scene when someone uses his computer to connect the Internet?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the career fair event and the profile was WLAN. After a lot of exchange of emails I got a phone interview. The interviewer did not complete the interview because he had a meeting. He said someone will contact you, but no one followed up. It wasn't a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• Transport layer protocols,Coding the transport layer   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Questions on networking and wifi. in depth at packet level. dot1x process. regular expressions. Layer 2 and 3. Testing methodologies. Previous work related questions. some logical questions to check your thinking abilities. basic scripting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Process of laptop joining a network and browsing a webpage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

4 rounds, and a lunch review. Asked basic concepts of C++, the use of "static", and some algorithm questions. Asked releted projects. I have some background on software security, I think that match the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks in October 2015.

Interview

Aruba Networks arranged initial screening written test in our college campus. I got selected from it and called by recruiter after 10 days. Recruiter arranged first technical round with Senior Software Engineer. I did not perform well in interview as I was not sure about my multithreading interview question's answer approach.

Interview Questions

• Topics : Multithreading, Data structures
      1) question about multithreading, it was based on wait and notify, condition variables
      2) Write a function to generate n number of different unique mac address.   Answer Question