Aruba Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Roseville, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial contact phone screen to verify interest in position. Followed by a technical phone screen with some basic fundamentals including Data structures, basic ASIC design concepts like defining clock skew/slew, chip timing issues, hazards and some simple high-level chip questions. Asked basic verification concepts like BFM's, UVM topology, "When do you know if you're done testing something", coverage, etc.

In person interview was more of the same, but more in-depth questions asked in the phone interview. Needed to draw out some basic (pseudo) code describing some modules/structures etc. Overall very relaxed and positive experience

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Contacted by head hunter (recruiter) from back east to see if I was interested in looking for a new opportunity. After some back and forth with her with changes and updates to my resume, the recruiter was ready to present me to the employer. I had a phone interview and hiring manager was satisfied. Then had to wait for drug and background tests to come back.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to process a signature counter signature and close out the contract process?.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone round with the hiring manager who discussed my experience and told me about the role. In a week, the recruiter told me the team wants to meet me. I was scheduled to meet with the director of the team, 2 other team members and the hiring manager. The director could not make it, so another interviewer replaced him. She was obviously not prepared for it and I totally understand that. But these are the questions she asked me - Implement a linked list, a hash map, a binary tree, find a maximum in a binary tree. Talk about project 1,2,3,4, etc on my resume. College XYZ (which I am from) is a very reputed college, we are getting a lot of really good resumes, why do you think? She was on her laptop the entire time I was writing the code, did not as much as look at the code on the board (did not take a pic either). Not the best experience, but I let it pass.
    Round 2: This guy dives deep into the systems, how registers work, how databuses work, access time, etc. When I told him I did not know some of those things, he asked me if I had not done certain classes in school and how could I not know those things which was extremely offensive. He asked me why are templates used, what is polymorphism. I explained it to him and at this point it seemed like if I weren't using the exact words he wanted to hear, he would say I was wrong and explain essentially the same thing in his words. At this point I was done with this. He asked me if I had any questions for him and when I asked him he gave me 3-5 word responses. I tried to ask him more questions but he totally shut himself and left 7 minutes early for a 45 minute interview. I wanted to walk out at this point, but manners told me to finish what I started off. The next two rounds were less dramatic in comparison, Questions like perform an inorder traversal of a BST, (recursive and iterative), print a triangle using cout statements, etc. Each round had about 2-4 algorithmic questions totally unrelated to each other. By far the worst interview experience.
    Did I get an offer? of course not. Did the recruiter reach out after the interview? of course not! But it definitely did not matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Roseville, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume and had manager screening, then I had skype interview. Once I cleared those I was called for onsite interview where I had 4 rounds. Operating systems, computer networks, c programming and low level software. There was a lunch break in between morning and afternoon sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call from the recruiter.

I had two phone screens after that. The phone screens were pretty easy. Asked me about my skills and projects.

They sent a quiz to solve after that, which consisted of around 3 questions. Which was pretty straightforward too. A phone call from the VP followed that, and they agreed to fly me in.

The onsite consisted of 4 interviews. The interviews were pretty straighforward. Usual coding questions, nothing too difficult. There was a design round, and a pair programming round.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. I was a bit stumped in the design round, but got it eventually.   Answer Question

I had another offer from another company, which I went ahead with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly fast - I gave them my resume at a job fair, and the next week I was in contact via email with their HR department to schedule a phone interview for later in the week. After the phone interview, it took about a week until I was contacted again with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about networking protocol internals, such as how DNS works or what ARP is   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aruba Networks in February 2011.

Interview

Very well structured. Lots of interaction with all members of the team you hire with. Pair programming question basically made sure I could wrangle a keyboard. Object oriented design to make sure I understood inheritance even if I had to break a few rules. An algorithm question to see how I handled simple logic in a nested for loop as well as recursion.

Interview Questions

• Was shown a piece of code and was asked to figure out what code does. It seemed to be too much of a gotcha since it involved manipulating function pointers. But still not too difficult to walk through even if you weren't familiar with the language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was reasonable. I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

1 coderpad interview + 4 on site interviews. They have a very below average engineering team. Mostly from a south asian country. Most of the interviewers have no clue what they are talking about. I asked one of them what do you work on and he went on about Kubernetes deployment. I mean wtf? One of the managers just kept talking away for 25 mins and when I asked a basic question she seemed irritated. As they say, if you hire B players they will try to bring in C players so that they can keep their jobs. They definitely don't want to raise the bar with each hire and more interested in preserving their own jobs. Join this company if you don't want to grow in your career.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find elements in first set which don't exist in second set.
      2. Some stupid design question regarding publish subscribe model where interviewer had no clue what they were talking about.
      3. A question on filling a minesweeper board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I had given my resume at a career fair and was contacted 15 days later for the interview. The first round technical interview was a phone call which cross checked your knowledge about the depth of networking that you mention in your resume as well as the level of coding skills you have.

Interview Questions

• TCP vs UDP   Answer Question
    • System Calls in socket programming   Answer Question
    • You have a file with which has a string of characters, identify the count of a certain character. Give Algorithm and system calls you might use.   Answer Question
    • Static keyword, Global vs local variable.   Answer Question
    • Beacon structure (frame format) while beaconing in between access points.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was phone screen. Nailed it. Got a call from recruiter saying that they are impressed with my skills and qualifications. Recruiter told me that they are considering one more candidate for the same position but that candidate is not a good match (non CS candidate, no work experience) and that candidate's salary expectation is way above their budget. The recruiter told me that other candidate is from one of the top schools but a non-cs candidate. The recruiter mentioned that the manager wants to hire me. They invited me for 4-hour onsite interview. I did pretty good in those interviews. 3 out of 4 Interviewers told me that they like my projects and they work on similar things at Aruba so I am a perfect fit. In the interview with hiring manager, the manger mentioned that they have two candidates but they want to hire only one candidate and my profile is better because I am from CS background, I have work experience and I have done projects relevant to whatever work they do at Aruba. After the interview, I did not hear from them within 2 week. When I followed-up, I received a generic mail saying that they are not moving forward with my application after 2 weeks. Extremely rude and unprofessional people!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

Worst Interview Experience ever. Telephonic screening was rescheduled 6 times before the call. Interviewer called 30 minutes late. And his only goal was to fail me somehow or the other.