Aruba Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aruba Networks

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

two rounds: first case based, second behavioral,
    How would you roll out an algorithm improvement for <something hypothetical>?
    Most questions were related to your present role and company?
    What is it you expect from this internship?

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you design use cases for <something related to your current role>?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

I consider myself very well versed with the products and have most of their certifications. I went through the phone interview process, did very well, but was later told the contract for the position was no longer available. I later found out they frequently post jobs that don't even exist. They speculate on where they might have work. I'm willing to bet most job postings you see aren't even available unless they are from California. I say this because I initially asked the recruiter about several postings and received the "that doesn't exist" almost 2-3 times. I do well with interviewing at other large companies and VARs, so I'd like to think it wasn't a "me" thing.

I thought it was a waste of time to be honest. I gave up with looking at other positions due to the sea of false leads.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how my environment was setup with their products. It was a very thorough interview process.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter for the summer intern position. The interview process consisted of 3 rounds (2 technical rounds and 1 managerial round). I have listed the questions asked. But as a whole, I didn't like the managerial interview process. The manager asked my entrance exam rank for entering into college back in India. His questions were weirdly worded. To give an example.
    What can you move in this real world that is not already there on the cloud. I gave a few examples. But he kept on saying that this is already there and he wanted something new. He asked me to email him offline all the transcripts from my high school and answer to the latter question. Anyway, I didn't like the manager and the team. The result didn't matter to me. I didn't send him whatever he asked for. I have mentioned the technical questions asked

Interview Questions

• R1: Product of 2 numbers in an array followed up with the max product in an array   1 Answer
    • R2: Q1: Find the first occurring duplicate in the array where the numbers can range from 1 to n.
              Q2: Longest Palindromic Subsequence   1 Answer

Sales Representative Portland, OR Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks.

Interview

Be very careful when considering working for this company in Portland.

I interviewed for a sales job two times in the Portland office with different sales managers. Unfortunately, it was the most disrespectful interview process I have ever experienced. The extremely poor treatment I received as a job candidate during their interview process was shocking and disappointing.

The whole interview process was unorganized with constant poor communication. They have no problem leaving job candidates in the dark. The worst part is easily the rude managers and their disrespectful treatment of job candidates during interviews. I could not believe some of the comments they made during a business professional sales interview. It’s hard to believe this type of treatment is acceptable and currently happening in the Portland office.

I was so confused and upset about the disrespectful treatment I experienced during my interviews that I starting reaching out to current and former employees that have worked in Aruba’s Portland office. I was able to speak with two current employees and two employees that recently worked there. All four people sadly confirmed my awful experience with their sales managers is basically the norm in that office. Every single person I spoke with said the work culture is toxic and management is beyond harsh and abrasive.

Advice: Read up on this company and try to speak with current or former employees and you will see red flags everywhere. Steer clear of working for Aruba in Portland, OR. Their toxic work culture with rude and disrespectful management is something they should be ashamed of. Their sales managers need to be held accountable for their shameful treatment and blatant disrespect of job candidates. Any company that brings in candidates for interviews and then treats them like trash is a company you never want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my background and the generic interview questions usually asked for a sales job. No real difficult/odd questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone round with the hiring manager who discussed my experience and told me about the role. In a week, the recruiter told me the team wants to meet me. I was scheduled to meet with the director of the team, 2 other team members and the hiring manager. The director could not make it, so another interviewer replaced him. She was obviously not prepared for it and I totally understand that. But these are the questions she asked me - Implement a linked list, a hash map, a binary tree, find a maximum in a binary tree. Talk about project 1,2,3,4, etc on my resume. College XYZ (which I am from) is a very reputed college, we are getting a lot of really good resumes, why do you think? She was on her laptop the entire time I was writing the code, did not as much as look at the code on the board (did not take a pic either). Not the best experience, but I let it pass.
    Round 2: This guy dives deep into the systems, how registers work, how databuses work, access time, etc. When I told him I did not know some of those things, he asked me if I had not done certain classes in school and how could I not know those things which was extremely offensive. He asked me why are templates used, what is polymorphism. I explained it to him and at this point it seemed like if I weren't using the exact words he wanted to hear, he would say I was wrong and explain essentially the same thing in his words. At this point I was done with this. He asked me if I had any questions for him and when I asked him he gave me 3-5 word responses. I tried to ask him more questions but he totally shut himself and left 7 minutes early for a 45 minute interview. I wanted to walk out at this point, but manners told me to finish what I started off. The next two rounds were less dramatic in comparison, Questions like perform an inorder traversal of a BST, (recursive and iterative), print a triangle using cout statements, etc. Each round had about 2-4 algorithmic questions totally unrelated to each other. By far the worst interview experience.
    Did I get an offer? of course not. Did the recruiter reach out after the interview? of course not! But it definitely did not matter.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was first contacted by a Staff Engineer to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen while answering questions, he was not sounding like he was completely paying attention, then I asked him if he can hear me and he said I am eating my breakfast, so bear with me. Like seriously?? Eating your breakfast and taking an interview?!. . After clearing that , they put me in touch with an HR to schedule Skype interviews. She did not even tell me from a high level whether it would be a coding or discussion interview and just scheduled it. As I had a conflicting schedules I gave them 48 hour prior notice saying the timings do not work for me and I would want to reschedule it with my new dates, they did not even respond and I tried contacting here , with out even getting a reply back. Never want to interview with such a company again, terrible experience!

Interview Questions

• Questions based on Sorting, Algorithms and Data, structures   1 Answer

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Typical - started with a phone conversation with the internal recruiter, then a phone conversation with the hiring manager. Then I had a series of phone conversations with team members followed by a couple on-site interviews.

More importantly what stood out and caused me to accept the offer were:
     - responsiveness and helpfulness of the recruiter
     - responsiveness and helpfulness of the hiring manager who was very straightforward and communicative throughout the process that spanned the holidays and new year (otherwise the process from an elapsed time perspective probably would have been shorter)
     - friendliness and helpfulness of every person that I interviewed with and otherwise engaged with

Interview Questions

• How do you see product marketing and product management working together?   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sacramento, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I had 3 rounds:
    1. HR round to know which team they can fit me
    2. Coding Hacker rank with 3 questions.For testing your logic development.Not that tough.
    3. 2 hours technical interview on computer architecture,operating system and networking.

Interview Questions

• In HR round there were general questions on networking ,my interests and on courses mentioned in my resume.
      In coding round i had 3 C coding question one was dynamic programming.Pretty challenging.
      Telephonic technical round was based on computer architecture,operating system and networking.All concepts in and out were asked.   1 Answer

Principal Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aruba Networks in January 2019.

Interview

Good overall interview. job. focused on few technical questions and rest product focused questions .

They were impressed by my answers, which i gave to their satisfaction in the shortest time as compared to other candidates as per the interviewers feedback

Role specified reports to sr. director or product, but no one was able to clearly specify whom it will report to

They probably ended up hiring junior candidate
    Feedback given was will be considered for other roles

Interview Questions

• How will you design improve volume control mute button on TV
      Pick a favorite gadget and why you like it what you want to improve
      General PM questions   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Roseville, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied through school/university.

3 stage interview:
    1) Background/resume phone screening
    2) Programming challenge on Hackerrank (60 minutes for 3 problems)
    3) Technical interview over the phone + Skype (for code editor) - about 2-3 hours and speaking to multiple engineers

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite data structure and why?   Answer Question
    • Walk through given code, explaining step by step and talking about the performance and optimization.   Answer Question
    • Talk about projects.   Answer Question