Ascendum Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.1

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Asked about experience, if I had ever dealt onto what capacity as an underwiter, years of experience, temperment, how well you work with others are you a multi tasker. Q person called me, told me about the position, came in for an interview, was called within a week and asked if i wanted position, but I said no, way not enough money

Interview Questions

• Have you had any job gaps and why? Are you an over achiever or do you just want to get in and get out   1 Answer

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Blue Ash, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Do not worry they will hire you but it might just take time. Do not worry if you do not qualify they will tell what to put on resume to convince the client to let you on

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

I was hired on the first interview. I should have thought more about a company that would hire a six digit employee on the first interview. The process was simple. I wrote the owner a letter outlining my background with a copy of a resume. He told the sales manager at the time to get me interviewed. The salary negotiation was funny. They came back well under what I expected, but I didn't complain. I usually double my base pay in bonus or commission opportunities.

Interview Questions

• To market and sell an Omni Channel retail product and Datacenter services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be vague, tell them exactly what it will take to hire you. Make it high, because if you are educated and a professional, you will be gone in three months.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR for contract based QA opening in USA. The HR was so nice and she scheduled for the interview . The interviewer called 30 mins early the schedule. So , make yourself available ahead of the schedule. The interviewer was the very worst person , out of all the interviewer I ever spoke. She was more curious in knowing more about my career break and the reason behind it.
    She said she had only very less time , and had continous meeting then . Why the hell she accepted to take the interview that day. She was less diplomatic , more nosy , and tried to assume the details and never allowed me to elaborate on the details I was trying to explain. She interrupted me abruptly everytime I tried to explain something. Overall , it's so bitter experience and that interviewer is not fit for that lead role. Even if I've selected I would 've rejected the offer. POOR TEAM !

Interview Questions

• what were you doing during your career break ?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Short, after thinking about it for a while, way too short. I was called in for a face to face interview. The next day another face to face interview, and I was offered the job on site.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my IBM Global Services experience, what I had done, learned and accomplished   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, I told them what I needed to work for and they granted it.

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a terribly slow process with lack of full commitment to the process by ascendum. Lack of leadership showed in the initial phases and continues through today and will continue I'm sure.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Received a call and did a phone screen. Was then brought into the office two weeks later for an in person interview. Met with Recruiting lead as well as other recruiting coordinator. Waited 3 weeks to receive answer and offer about position.

Interview Questions

• What would be your daily approach to this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was really no negotiation phase. Received an offer and that was it

Instructional Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Blue Ash, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me based on locating my resume, for an "urgent-fill" position with Kroger. It took forever to set up the interview because the hiring manager (also an Ascendum employee, not Kroger) was fairly new (around 2 years experience) and was overwhelmed with her duties because she lacked serious time management skills; one of Ascendum's Competency/Skills requirements. She was an ex-Reynolds & Reynolds employee and that most of her current employees now with her at Kroger, also worked with her at R & R. After several interview cancellations and attempts to reschedule based only on her convenience, I finally stated that the timing may not be right just now, then all of a sudden she finally agreed to stay and meet with me. The interview when great and at the end we both agreed that I would be a great fit and that she would call the recruiter the next day to finalize the details - there was no doubt that I got the job. I called the recruiter to tell him how the interview went and that we both agreed that I got the job. He said that he would call me the next day after talking with the hiring manager to finalize the details. When he finally called me, the bad news was that, even after having only positive feedback about me from the interview, she decided that I wouldn't be a good fit for her team after all. So, my advice is to pass these jokers up. They are unprofessional, at best, and the hiring manager will deceive you, lie to you and then blind side you. She is not the right person for the position. She lacks the skill and experience to be a manager. And no matter how good your experience is, it all comes down to one thing... her agenda. Unless you worked with her at Reynold and Reynolds. If Ascendum calls you, hang up on the bums.

Interview Questions

• Describe the largest ISD project that you had to work on.   1 Answer
    • Describe how you are involved in training at your current employer.   1 Answer
    • 1) Is there anything your current employer could offer you to make you change your mind about taking this job and staying with them.

2) You've only worked with your current contractor for a year and a half. How do I know you won't quit this contract after 6 months; because i don't want to waste my time with that?   1 Answer
    • 3) I asked the interviewer: "What will be the first important task that you would need the person you are planning on hiring to accomplish?"

4) I asked the interviewer: how do you see this role supporting you in this project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lax, dishonest, unprofessional, filled with shortcomings. Until you're actually sitting at a desk working on the project... don't trust them when they say you got the job. The hiring manager is a liar with a hidden agenda.

SQA Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly the interview is taken by the client. The Client is majorly Volvo. All the interview rounds will be held by the Client. Ascendum is just a service provider. When it comes to Volvo interview, then you should get ready to face proper jacks in Java.

Interview Questions

• q: Nothing as such. If you know the basics, you can clear the client round.   Answer Question

Technical Solution Engineer (L1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendum Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I got the call from Ascendum solutions for an interview to work with one of business partner Volvo IT on ascendum solutions payrol. At the time of HR call and interview they asked to join within 15 days and as they said that i cleared it but it's been 3 weeks and now i loose hope will get an offer letter from their side. It was just waste of time. Interview was at Volvo IT, Bagmane tech park(C.V. raman nagar). Interview level was normal.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself ?
      2. Few basic linux and DB.   1 Answer