Ascension Seton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Met one on one with the nursing supervisor. Interview was laid back and casual, we almost forgot to do the actual interview questions! After the questions we walked around the department while the nursing supervisor went over what a typical day looked like. I met with the department manager and the other nurses, the got a tour of the hospital.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other candidates in your field?   Answer Question

Interview

Went to a job fair. They were pretty cool and direct. Got a call within a week and scheduled an onsite interview. Received an offer shortly thereafter. It took close to 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• None really. Just want to see if you have what it takes to deal with various types of personalities.   3 Answers

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension Seton.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a phone interview in which the department supervisor "filled me in" on what the job entailed. If the supervisor believes you are a good fit for the department, he/she will schedule an in-person interview. The interview will then consist of a set of questions:
    1. How do you communicate with your supervisor?
    2. How do you handle stress?
    3. How do you handle conflict?
    4. Tell me about an example of when you did not agree with department policy?
    5. Describe an incident in which you went above and beyond of what was required.
    I interviewed at different sites and found the questions to be the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went for first interview, it was short and sweet. Got called for second interview with a panel of 3 people, a lead, superiorvisor, and manager, it was simple, same questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension Seton in October 2017.

Interview

Upon arrival I was greeted by the manager awesome person. Very open and friendly, asked a few questions. She explained the hiring process, gave examples of work days. Was done within 20 minutes got a great vibe from the manager.

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension Seton.

Interview

I had a good interview toured the hospital.... my nurse manager was great and very personable.... the negative about working for Seton is being made to feel inferior to nurses... if it were not for techs nurses would be lost

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension Seton.

Interview

Began with a phone interview to discuss what you are looking for, then had an in person interview with the manager, the senior PTA, and the supervising PT, and a walk through of the hospital. I wouldn't call it laid back, I felt they were drilling me in a way of convincing me not to work there. They kept saying how stressful the job was.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, experience, why I wanted to work there, etc...   Answer Question

Lcsw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

sitting down with manager and being asked questions. They mainly care about post liscensure experience. Also previous hospital exerpience helps. There are a lot of seton clinics and being familiar with them helps as well.

Interview Questions

• what is your POST license experience?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Austin, TX).

Interview

I have gone on two interviews with Seton for a social worker position. Both times I applied online and was contacted about 2-4 weeks later. In the first interview it was very informal. I really enjoyed the supervisor and felt it would be a great position for me. I wasn't offered that position which was disappointing but overall it was ok as it wasn't the perfect fit for me. The second time I interviewed was with two women and it was more formal with formal questions. This job was definitely not the right fit for me and I think everyone in the room knew it. I was not surprised or disappointed that I wasn't offered that position. Overall, the interviews were ok and the questions were normal, especially with the second interview. The first interview was just asking me about myself and then it felt like it was turning it over to me to ask questions.

I emailed after the first interview to give a thank you and heard back stating I wasn't picked. After the 2nd interview for a different position I didn't email or get business cards and never heard back.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initial communication was via email. Face to face was a group interview. Escorted into a room with 4 or 5 other Social Workers or Managers and responded to questions ranging from previous work experience to situation that might come up in the work place and how I would respond to them.

Interview Questions

• If a client you were working with became violent or aggressive, how would you respond and what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fairly low level position and one of my first professional roles. No real negotiation took place, just and offer that I accepted.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension Seton (Round Rock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Online process delays hiring. After you apply online they do update your status frequently so you know if you weren't selected for the position. You can apply for multiple positions at once. Recruiter contacts you for the interview which is conducted by the department manager. Then human resources makes the offer.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were criticized?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Seton?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of an interpersonal conflict you had and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • If your peers were to use three words to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question