Ashford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ashford University (Clinton, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with the Admissions manager and Regional Admissions Manager. It was a 1 hour interview. The managers were very friendly and welcoming. They asked questions mainly on my personality and how I can manage in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• What skill sets will do you have that will contribute to the admissions team?   1 Answer

Online Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashford University (Remote, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met with the department chair via a telephone call and the interview was a nice two way discussion. I learned more about the college and the job and was asked questions that were relevant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try negotiations.

Online Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Before the telephone interview I had to answer several pre-interview questions about my teaching philosophy. Approximately two weeks later a telephoned interview was scheduled with a recruiter who asked one question. The entire telephone interview was a total of 15 minutes. One week later received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a student that turned in late assignments and wanted to drop a course?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with human resources and then I had an interview at the office with the hiring manager, potential coworkers and others in the organization. It was a fairly straightforward process with a list of questions that they read off that were typically general in nature and then some questions about some items that were specific to the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to manage a conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview with Human Resources department. If a candidate meets background and qualities that are desired the candidate will have the opportunity to move forward in the interview process. A panel interview usually takes place to ensure the candidate meets more than one member of the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how can they be applied to this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University.

Interview

Standard questions, your strengths and weaknesses, your experiences, your educational background. They also asked whether I am familiar with the company. If hired, what will be my contributions. They describe their work place/environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in institutional research   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Good, but wish they went more in to detail about the career growth options. Job was very different from what the interview displayed the role. Took some adjustment time

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was average and pretty easy. I was very comfortable with the interview. She made it very easy. After the interview, I realized that this is the place I want to represent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ashford University (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

This was a very usual experience. I applied for the position of Admissions Counselor about 2 days later I received a rejection letter via email. Less than 2 hours later I received a call from a recruiter at Ashford University requesting a telephone. She and I spoke at length and she asked many interview like questions. i thought this was the telephone interview. She asked if she could schedule a telephone with me the next I agreed. She sent me a customer service skills test, application and a form to list my references. The next day called my for the "telephone interview" and asked the same questions from the day before. I passed the telephone interview and was schedule or an in person interview a couple of days later. I went to the in person interview was interviewed by 2 men, who was very in experience in conducting interviews. The 2 men seemed impressed. One guy kept saying "If we can get a Yes" you will start on Nov 14th. The very next morning I received a rejection letter stating " We want someone with more experience" No where in the ad did they state they wanted someone with previous Admissions Counselor. This is after a reference check with consisted of a questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• What other industries are looking at for employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

They have phone interviews, Videos to watch to see if you can handle the grind of what they want you to do, then you go to a in person interview on site.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a dificult/ angry person in the past work environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not aplicable