Ashford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ashford University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University.

Interview

I was first given a "written interview" that asked me to answer a set of questions and compose statements of teaching philosophy and subject matter expertise, that then became the basis for the telephone interview that followed.

Interview Questions

• What were the three most significant advantages and disadvantages of teaching online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Say they're impressed if you've worked in social service, mental health or teaching. Then interview you only about serious sales experience. Especially commissioned, favored if you can prove persuasion, up-selling, and getting clients to bring you friends and relatives in the context if patting themselves (and you) on the back.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

This was quiet the extensive interview process for a call center job. I was reached out by a recruiter via Indeed, has one phone interview with her, multiple testing, another skype interview, needed 5-7 references to respond by email immediately, and then a face to face interview. All behavior type interview questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone win something but didn't get any credit for it   Answer Question

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter to ask preliminary questions followed by an adobe intreview the next day. Two days later had a interview with a Senior Manager. Did reference and background checks. Had a job offer two days later. Everyone was friendly which made the process very stress-free. I was given the opportunity to showcase my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU?
      Why would WGU be a good fit for you?
      How would you handle a student who is meeting his/her timeline?   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward ,phone then onsite and later an offer. Very corporate process and questions felt like they were out of a book. Do a general interview questions search and you should be fine.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ashford University (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview plus two in person interviews. Very easy interviews but slightly unprofessional. The interview process was very casual and they hardly asked any questions. In and out in 15 minutes. Offered job on the spot but had to wait for official offer. Interview was on Thursday and started the following Monday which included two weeks of training before you are let out onto the sales floor

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student who changed their mind about pursuing their education?   1 Answer

Online Core Faculty Full-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A Talent Acquisition specialist called unscheduled a few weeks after I applied for the position. He talked about the position and asked about my interest. I told him I could not quit my day job right now and asked if the hours were flexible. He stated most definitely - nights and weekends would be great. He then set up a formal interview with him for a few days later. During this 30 minute interview, he asked typical faculty teaching questions such as how to engage students online, etc. He then said congratulations, I was moving on to the next step. He set up an interview with the Assistant Dean and three Program Chairs. I had to complete the formal application and obtain responses (via online reference system) from four references. I completed all of this. During the final interview, they stated this was a full time position that would require that I quit all other employment. I stated I had asked that specific question before continuing this process - and no, that was not possible at this time. (Too close to retirement - Plus it was a reduction in salary). They continued with questions and asked about my interest in Adjunct work. I am not sure why the Talent Acquisition person did not tell me the truth about having to quit all other employment. This wasted many people's' time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are currently doing.   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to relocate to San Diego?   1 Answer

I would have to quit my day job when I am too close to retirement and for less money.

Online Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashford University (Remote, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met with the department chair via a telephone call and the interview was a nice two way discussion. I learned more about the college and the job and was asked questions that were relevant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try negotiations.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ashford University.

Interview

I didn't apply for a position here. They contacted me and said my resume fit the position and they wanted me to do an interview. Before the interview they had me watch a video on what the position was and then when I went to the interview they said "forget what you see in the video. That's not what the position really is." It was a very underhanded attempt to get me into the interview. They also contacted one of my references asking really strange questions about his IP address, completely unrelated to the job or me. I also talked to several people after my interview who worked there who told me not to take the job. I think the reviews on here speak for themselves. Wouldnt waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

a few interviews. Behavioral based. They want to see that you sell. Overall experience was good, sometimes takes a while to get through process. They have different start dates so don't let them trick you to starting sooner than you want.

Interview Questions

• Behavorial based questions... what did you do in your last job or what was the hardest part... etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes... you can try and negotiate.