Aspen Heights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aspen Heights Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.8

Sales and Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspen Heights.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. There is a phone screening, video interview, as well as an in person interview with the location you are applying with. The interview questions were like most you would be asked. The video interview is just you recording yourself answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Marketing/Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspen Heights in May 2017.

Interview

After I applied online the first round of interviews was a phone interview. After that the next round, was a video interview where you just record yourself answer questions.

Interview Questions

• compose a tweet to get people out to an event for a new property   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights.

Interview

First interview was in person with management on site. They asked very standard questions for the position. The second was a phone interview with a regional manager. They asked very detailed questions geared towards marketing, which is to be expececred for that position. After both of these I met with them on site again for the final interview which was much shorter than the other two.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via email early in June. Was interested in interviewing me for a new lease-up property. Spoke on the phone first, then a video interview- I didn't really like that format for an interview. Was supposed to have a Skype interview with the Regional Manager- scheduling issues arose, settled with a 30 min telephone conversation. Was offered a final interview in Texas. Time was limited, was able to meet two current employees for lunch on a Thursday, was offered on Monday. Background check completed the Monday after.

Overall, a two month process.

Very happy with the process. Offered me a starting salary that was above my minimum, and worked with me on start date. That was a huge plus.

Really felt like I was valued, my time was valued, and that they felt I was the best candidate for the job, based on how they treated me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter asked me in first conversation what my requirements were. Told him where I was at currently, and what I would need to leave. He gave me a range they were looking at for this property. Was lower than what I currently made. Was informed that with the right candidate, they would negotiate.

When the offer was made to me, I was given a number significantly higher than what I was told was their range, and it came in above my minimum. I didn't feel the need to negotiate, I was more than happy with what they were offering me, truly felt they were paying for what they felt was top talent.

I guess I could've have asked for more, but at what cost to my image and character? I Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Clemson, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

A series of 5 questions were asked. It was a group interview, so each person got a chance to answer each question. There were two managers asking the questions and there were about 5-6 potential employees.

Interview Questions

• If someone that knew you had to describe you, what would be three things they would say about you?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspen Heights.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with someone from the recruiting team. This allows them to get to know you. From there, you have a recorded video interview in which you have timed restrictions on responses.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a strong candidate for the position?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Strange responses from HR, not timely, they only seem interested in young people. If you are over 35 you are not really part of their culture. Given that they specialize in university housing, this is probably why they focus on that type of person.

Interview Questions

• Seemed interested in my background, then realized the resume had about 25 years experience. Suddenly I got a not interested letter. That is OK, they seem to have a young culture, but they may miss out on business skills.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Columbia, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and there were walk in interviews. I came in and interviewed very quickly and easily. There were not many standards set. I went ahead and dressed professionally to show that I took the process and job seriously. I was interviewed by two people. One person asked me questions, the other wrote my responses. It was pretty laid back and I tried to match the laid back fashion, but also attempted to remain professional throughout the interview and just allow my personality to shine through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone who was angry, how did you handle the situation? If you are not sure of how to handle a task, what steps do you take to figure it out?   Answer Question

Leasing and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Stillwater, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume, got a call and scheduled interview, took drug test. Once I got the job offer I had 48 hours to schedule and complete a drug screening

Interview Questions

• If you had to plan one resident event with X budget, what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights in January 2016.

Interview

I know they have changed the process now to a video, but before you would have to submit an application in office and then do an in person interview as well as take drug test. They asked pretty basic customer service questions as well as asking me how I would describe the color yellow to a blind person

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset parent calling to speak to management?   Answer Question