Aspen Heights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aspen Heights

2.7

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX).

Interview

Process was very informal. They do not know enough about multi-family development and construction to know what questions to ask.

Negotiation

All on phone. They wanted me to accept a large bonus in lieu if a normal salary. I was ready to walk and they called back very quickly giving into my requests.

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was a lengthy process. However during the process I was able to learn a lot about AH as a company, its culture and the folks I would working with. Meeting with each person or 2-3 person group in different settings was great! I felt right at home and very welcomed. The interviews were more like conversations and I felt completely comfortable. (Due to everyone that I spoke to being relaxed and proud of the work they do at AH and were more than willing to share and answer any questions that I had.)

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Easy. The hiring manager paid attention to my cover letter and knew what my salary requirements were before she called. (I received what I was asking for without hesitation... all parties satisfied from the first offer. There was no need for in depth negotiation.)

Maintenance Tech Interview

Interview

I made it to the second round of interviews. I was interviewed by the maintenance supervisor. The interview seemed to be going well. We were asking each other questions about the property and what phase of construction it was in. I had asked some simple questions that should have been easy to answer for a supervisor. Upon leaving I was told I had the job if I could possibly be flexible on the salary I was asking because of my extensive experience in construction. I had said yes because of the benefits and other parts of the job I liked. I had also said I was willing to start of much less to prove my worth and knowledge. The next day I had called the main property supervisor because of my enthusiasm for the job and was told that she was told by the maintenance supervisor I was not interested in job because of salary. Which was completely untrue. I suspect that the maintenance supervisor was intimidated some therfore not being truthful to his supervisor. Lack of honesty in the company will make a unhealthy environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made it seem as though I could negotiate.
    I offered to work for less for a period of time to prove my worth and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process was one of the most extensive yet best hands on experience I have had during any interview process. They really take the time to get a feel of the "person" behind the resume and allow you a platform to present your skillset. The process is creative and really offers the candidate an opportunity to shine while allowing the employer to see other qualities in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a movie written about you, what would the title be and who would you want to play your part?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Strange responses from HR, not timely, they only seem interested in young people. If you are over 35 you are not really part of their culture. Given that they specialize in university housing, this is probably why they focus on that type of person.

Interview Questions

• Seemed interested in my background, then realized the resume had about 25 years experience. Suddenly I got a not interested letter. That is OK, they seem to have a young culture, but they may miss out on business skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was thorough yet pleasant; I met with a total of 6 interviewers. Initial contact was made by a recruiting specialist who conducted a pre-screening interview and then invited me to participate in a video interview. My next interview was conducted via Google Hangout and I was asked to submit references using a web based reference check. I then traveled to the corporate office where I had 2 more meetings, each with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Management style? Future goals? Industry related questions? Scenarios?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Springfield, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview 1: Digital Interview. You are given 6 prompts and asked to record yourself giving your answers.
    Interview 2: On Site Interview with GM
    Interview 3: On Site Interview with GM and Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• If you were a boat what kind of boat would you be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time you led a team and how you developed them.   1 Answer
    • How do you teach others? How are you Taught?   1 Answer
    • If you were hired, what would be something you'd change?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Generic interview questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the steps you would take to put a marketing plan together in a new market.   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter a few days after I applied. I did a phone screen, a video interview (pretty cool questions) and then was asked to come in to office for a round of interviews. I was greeted by two of the recruiting people and spent an afternoon there. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure and how did you bounce back from it?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aspen Heights in December 2014.

Interview

Overall, the hiring process was very thorough and in-depth. The process included several phone calls with the recruiting team, a video interview with a senior HR team member, an in person interview with several members of the operations team and marketing team, a dinner with the operations team, and a video interview with the COO and the Director of Human Resources. Many of the interview questions were your typical interview questions that make you look at yourself and your weaknesses which are always tough, but not unexpected. I could tell in these interviews that a lot of the purpose was to find out how I would fit as team member with this company. The complete hiring process took over a month, and was capped off by a psychological assessment test. This included a 3 hour portion completed on your own, and a 3 hour proctored portion.

Due to the company having an in house recruiting team they are able to create an extensive interview process. While the process was very lengthy and quite in depth, now that I have accepted the position I know I will appreciate it going forward as I am seeking new talent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took a risk/put yourself out there in your work and failed.   Answer Question