AvePoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AvePoint Interview Questions

2.6

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AvePoint in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day for a phone screen interview. They are looking for very motivated people. Very nice people on the phone and they make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What is my visa status? Why do you want to become an Office Assistant? Why will you be successfull?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied at a career fair at my school. Did F2F with 5 different people. There was a 10 question quiz of mostly technical questions. Also some questions where they give you a scenario and you have to write an email of how you would respond.

Interview Questions

• ping /telnet Ports, types of backups, windows services, IIS   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have a set starting salary, you either take it or leave it. They will not change it.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Contact by Recruitment and then a discussion about role. A phone interview with hiring manager and others in the group. Then if they like you, you get a face to face interview at HQ. If you pass that, then an offer is made and you are in.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were centered around previous experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview

It was a total of 5 interviews. The process took about a month maybe less. I did 3 phone interviews and 1 in person with 3 managers and an account executive. I was later offered the job the next couple days.

Interview Questions

• How can you use what you learned from your last job to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

User Experience UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter presented me the job position and it peaked my interest. First, I had an initial phone call discussing my background as well as the role that I was applying for and to make sure both sides were interested. The phone call was very informative and casual. The next steps was a on site interview where I met the team and managers I would be working with. It was very casual, but deliberate in making sure I was the right fit for the role. Overall it was a great experience and everyone I met was personable and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with SEO.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvePoint (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Uh this was by far the creepiest most uncomfortable interview I've ever had. I was interviewed by some 25 year old "managers" who actually looked like they were 40 and smelled like an ashtray. Their office is in some run down building g near Courthouse. After they told me they ususally work until 7 to get work done and after they get home they are expected to check emails, I was ready to jump out of the window to leave this place. When I asked if I would get a laptop they said nope, only a desktop (I have to use.my own computer at home) , oh and the salary is pretty much 45k a year. Thanks but no thanks. Their selling point was that they had a png pong room and free food. I was laughing the whole way out the door.

Interview Questions

• Can you work outside of office hours and not be hourly?   1 Answer

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with several people. Took a number of weeks which was a bit frustrating. Received offer via phone from HR rep. HR did the salary negotiations. There did not seem to a very organized process. Interviewees seemed to all have their own way of interviewing. The interview never got overly technical.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a challenging customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview

first round is speaking with a recruiter, then you get brought in for an interview usually with about 3-5 different people. expect to be there for well over 2 hours

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn thinking that the job was in New York City since it said "Greater New York City Area" and Google says they have offices in Manhattan but it was in New Jersey. The job poster neglected to select the New Jersey option. I first had a phone screen interview with the Human Resources Generalist from Avepoint. She asked my experience since I have a large background as an IT/Developer and am a college graduate. Later she sent me an email confirmation of the day I would be doing a face to face interview in New Jersey with the wrong position. I am interviewing for a support engineering position not a "Junior Content Marketing Specialist” position. I arrived to the interview on time to find that there was a technical interview. The Human Resources Generalist didn't tell me beforehand that there would be a technical interview that had scenario type questions and that would be more than an hour long. I could have prepared myself.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is IIS?

Q: How do you resolve an Access Denied issue for a user?

Q: What information is shown on Ipconfig?

Q: Difference between a Local Administrator and Domain Administrator?

Q: Name server roles?

Q: Three Scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Account Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Process requires a phone interview with an internal HR representative. Then a phone interview with the technical manager. Lastly, there is an intense, in person, interview with senior sales and technical management. You're required to do a full powerpoint presentation and demonstrate a topic of your choice. Be prepared to field technical questions and have your ability to handle difficult customers, tested.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral questions to determine how you would handle customer questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Smooth process. They offered a good value for the level. They do negotiate.