AvePoint Reviews

Updated May 4, 2020

AvePoint Co-CEO Dr Tianyi (TJ) Jiang (no image)
Dr Tianyi (TJ) Jiang
Pros
  • "You get the opportunity to work with really great people who are passionate about the mission of the organization(in 24 reviews)

• "Great place to cut your teeth on Microsoft O365 sales and particulars(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "RFP and proposal process awful, based in china, slow, disconnects(in 19 reviews)

• "Upper management is quite aware of that flaw and they have been working new ways to increase communication and corporate awareness(in 14 reviews)

1. "Amazing, long-term home with plenty of opportunities"

5.0

I have been working at AvePoint full-time

Pros

In my 5 1/2 years here, I've had the opportunity to work with many wonderful colleagues across the world who are kind, helpful, and value working as a team. I've managed and influenced meaningful projects that have had a global impact and feel that my work is helping to move our company forward. What's really stood out to me is how much flexibility AvePoint has provided me over the years. I've worked in multiple offices and was fully supported to work remotely when I moved to a new city. I was also able to adjust my working hours after having a baby. I feel lucky to work for a company that cares about its staff and accommodating their needs!

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

April 9, 2020Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We do our best to create a balanced environment for our employees and we are glad to see you’ve benefited from that. Always feel welcomed to send any other feedback you have to the People Team; we’d love to hear from you!

"Not satisfied"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I worked at AvePoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

they are not innovative at all.

April 9, 2020Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback we are always open to constructive ideas and ways to improve on our services and products. We welcome any other feedback you may have by sending to People@avepoint.com.

"Disappointing but is what i was told it would be"

Former Employee - Strategic Advisor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at AvePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay and bonuses - Some of the team are really good and decent people - Beer cart on fridays - service team good

Cons

- Management team inexperienced, were developers/techs, lack experience and interpersonal skills - hire inexperienced people/some had none which is OK in junior jobs but not marketing and management - immature sales model - High turn over, within a year many had come and gone - yelling at employees - Managers ranting as they walked around the office - Offices look third world in some locations - Benefits are poor - Aging products and overpriced - RFP and proposal process awful, based in china, slow, disconnects If your new to the industry and want experience, ok place to start but dont stay long you will learn bad habits. if your senior

April 13, 2020Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

Our Sales Operations team partners with Executives and Managers globally to ensure we are effectively supporting our sales staff. Through investments in training and other enablement mechanisms, we have reduced the time for a new sales person to be productive and successful by 50 percent. This allows for our sales teams to understand our products, services, and industry in a constructive and supportive environment to best advocate for our current and future customers. Since most of our products are SaaS, they are updated on a regular cadence multiple times a year—a much higher rate than our competitors. With a strong customer retention rate and a consultative selling model AvePoint is ensuring our customers are purchasing products and services to best fit their current and future needs. We're happy to hear any additional feedback you may have at people@avepoint.com

4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at AvePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Flexible Schedule, Great Co-workers, Room to learn and grow in any career

Cons

No Cons. AvePoint has been a great overall!

December 2, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear you have having such a positive experience with AvePoint! We always welcome feedback of any kind, please feel free to share at people@avepoint.com.

5. "Great products, diverse business models"

Current Employee - Accounts Executive

I have been working at AvePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The product line that AvePoint proposes is very rich, you don't need to worry about cannot meet customer's needs. Competitive products. The market segmentation is huge, from enterprise to SMB.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about.

November 6, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that our solution portfolio has positioned us for continual growth. Should you have any additional feedback to help us continue to grow, it’d be great to hear from you at people@avepoint.com!

"Juvenile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at AvePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to get experience

Cons

Long hours Lack of appreciation Rampant Office Gossip Lack of Teamwork Egotistical Management Lower than average salaries Promotions not based on merit Constantly shifting direction

November 6, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

We encourage our employees to partake in a healthy work life balance by providing perks like Unlimited PTO, work from home opportunities, quarterly social outings and philanthropy, as well as weekly in office happy hours and personal development reimbursement programs. We are sorry to hear the experiences you have had with your team and management and will look into your feedback.  Please feel free to email people@avepoint.com; we welcome any other feedback you’d like to provide.

7. "Great People Doing Great Things"

I have been working at AvePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Micromanagement doesnt exist here. This causes issues for some who struggle to balance work that needs to be done. For me, its perfect. I get my day to day done and focus on tomorrow and the days that follow. I have really enjoyed working with a team of people who are creative and intelligent. Everyone has the same goal, close business. The solutions that are brought to market serve a purpose and close gaps across the industry. This keeps things fresh for customers and employees.

Cons

Closed office space can be hard to come by. This can create some issues for people fielding calls. While taking calls from the sales floor works, it might not be ideal in largest accounts.

October 29, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time with AvePoint and thank you for leaving your thoughts on our page. AvePoint values growth from a creative standpoint as well as allowing our employees to wear multiple hats. In doing this we believe this provides the creative and intelligent environment you have experienced! Open office space allows teams to work together more closely and be creative, however it can present some distractions. To help mitigate the distraction, AvePoint has recently increased its closed office space “demo rooms” in many offices worldwide.

"Hollow Promises and Sophomoric Antics"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at AvePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable schedule Pretty views from the windows Colorful, bright office Free coffe/espresso shots; if you aren't a coffee drinker you WILL be. Sometimes a shot of espresso and a walk is the only way to not be driven batty by this asinine place.

Cons

$100. A month to park Bad benefits Chaotic, juvenile environment Egos everywhere! Lack of communication across all levels No accountability between "arms" of the organization Unhealthy amounts of competition instead of teamwork Just one example of the jerks that dwell in this hole can come from my very first day. On my first day I wore nice jeans, a polo shirt, and nice looking tennis shoes. Mind you the dress code literally says street casual as you'd "wear to a movie or date." I overheard someone laugh at me saying "wearing JEANS on your first day? Hahahaha". Seruoisly? During my interview I took notice of what others were wearing, and it included t-shirts and shorts! I could come in wearing slacks, a button down shirt and a tie but then you'd have something to say about THAT too. These people need to grow up.

October 29, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

AvePoint cares about its employees and goes out of its way to ensure its benefits package is not only competitive but generous compared to industry standards. For example, in response to the nationwide increase in healthcare costs last year, AvePoint doubled its contributions to absorb more than 75% of the increase that would have been passed on to employees. We value the ability to practice a great work-life balance and relaxing office aesthetics and have established programs like wellness and FSA and do our best to educate employees in how to benefit from these programs. At AvePoint we strongly value humility and teamwork in our employees, we consider any all feedback in order to maintain a collaborative working environment. Please feel free to reach out to People@avepoint.com with any other feedback you may have.

"Not that bad in hind sight, I miss it."

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at AvePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are challenged and you learn so much by being a leading MS partner. The HR department finds ways to keep the atmosphere fun and enjoyable.

Cons

The company's CTOs and CEOs run the world You can be a great worker if one of them don't "like" you thats all it takes to be fired quickly.

November 6, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and are happy you found our efforts enjoyable! Our position as one of Microsoft’s top partners worldwide provides our company and employees exciting growth opportunities and opportunities to make an impact. There are many performance variables that are considered before making the choice to separate with an employee, and like many companies, we have an AvePoint Commitment Plan in place to help employees that are not meeting expectations. We are proud that our Senior Leadership Team are involved in our products and employees at the ground level; something we value as an organization and hope to continue within all levels of AvePoint.

"Ok if you're in mid-market. Not so great if you're in Enterprise."

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at AvePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for travel, if you like that. Pretty good work/life balance (outside of the travel). Flexible work structure. No hard requirement to be in the office regularly. Base pay is industry competitive. Great place to cut your teeth on Microsoft O365 sales and particulars

Cons

Their products are becoming obsolete by the likes of Microsoft and other ISV's who are more specialized in multi-cloud management. The nature of AvePoint's offerings, pricing, support structure, sales program, etc, are a great fit for companies in the employee range of 500-5,000. But once you get into a Fortune 500, or large global enterprise, it becomes less relevant, too expensive, and too convoluted of a message. And too many decision makers across multiple depts within your target account need to approve and evaluate your deal. Which makes it all fall apart. C-Level executives do not care a whit about governance for sharepoint or O365. They will not care about your deal, and that will hold you up from being successful. And if the execs do care about governance and operational automation, then (at a large global enterprise) they'll just hire 2 more guys in India to handle it -not spend $1M a year on AvePoint products. Again, this is why it's a mid-market target customer sale. The Sr. Management at AvePoint seems oblivious to these facts. They also seem to want to blame sales (especially new guys) for all their problems. The old guard protects themselves and lives by an outdated mantra and they'll ultimately be responsible for the stymied growth of this company but they'll never get it. Sales cycles are 12-24 months in the enterprise space and you can expect constant slippage and pushes. -again because Sr Execs at your customer don't care about this stuff. There is no sales program in place whatsoever to support what it takes to be successful in the enterprise space. AvePoint's products are 99% focused on O365 alone. Which makes them pretty niche and to your prospects will make you pretty limited in impact and relevance. which in turn makes it hard to sell. The top rep in US Enterprise West didn't even make his number in 2018! There is not a lot of experienced sales management in this company. Most of the managers at AvePoint were some of the very original employees 10+ years ago and just worked their way up as the company grew. But as a result they have no experience on how it's done industry-wide, and no understanding of how modern sales operates. You'll also never know where you stand with this company. In my 18 months there I had maybe 3-4 one on ones with my manager (and those were really just pipeline investigations), no career or sales development plans, no annual review, only a handful of forecast calls towards the end, no feedback on professional development whatsoever, no pep talks or personal direction given, very little training, etc. You're pretty much on your own when it comes to any of that.

November 21, 2019Sr. Director, People and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are proud of the work life balance we provide our employees and the opportunities to partner with so many industry leaders. We are always looking to improve our training and support structures for departments across the company. We recently went live with our new Sales Enablement Program, developed by our sales and customer success leadership team, that has already helped our new sales colleagues accelerate their learning and success. While the expectation (and compensation provided) at the Enterprise Sales Representative level is reflective of someone who has already developed the experience and skills necessary to hit the ground running, we still ask all of our new sales reps to complete the program for their benefit. We respect the reviewer sharing their experience here, but it is important to note that it is subjective and far from typical. The facts are that AvePoint has experienced back to back record quarters. This has been the result of relevant, highly sought after solutions as well as a talented, equipped and highly trained sales force.

Found 312 reviews