Avenue Code Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avenue Code Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avenue Code (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter to discuss about the role and other things followed by an online technical test and I had two rounds of technical interviews. Recruiting process is very slow! I sent an email to the recruiter about my interview result but he never bothered to respond. After two weeks, I got an email from the company saying they selected some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• 3 online technical questions, one was very easy, 1 was medium and another one was difficult. In first Skype interview, interviewer asked C# questions (Dependency Injection, Mock Framework, ORM, Multi-threading and etc) and in an another Skype interview, interviewer asked about Recursive function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Came into the office to meet the recruiting team/management and was asked some pretty basic questions. The team did a great job at conveying what was expected of me and to help me perfectly understand the role I was entering.

Lead Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avenue Code.

Interview

The screen went well and concluded with a planned Skype call from the Recruiting Director. Received a phone call from her instead just prior to Thanksgiving. It was a brief conversation. I was invited to come in on short notice. I had just returned from travel and I couldn't make that happen so we then planned to pick things up in early December. Around mid December I emailed my initial contact for status and received no reply to my email. Seems like a good company. I have nothing negative or positive to add, just that as a Lead Recruiter who is big on offering candidates a positive interview/hiring experience that it is unprofessional to ignore candidates you engage in the interview process.
    No advice. Probably a good recruiting team.I think there are approximately 4-5 mid level recruiters on the team which is a manageable team to lead.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical prescreen questions from a Jr-Mid Recruiter. AvenueCode is a Systems Integrator/Management Consultant who hires mainly based on client project need. One question was how would you convince a candidate to come to work for us.   Answer Question

Potential Recruitment Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avenue Code (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Last week, I was invited in by a senior team member for consideration for a potential recruitment opportunity with Avenue Code. I was requested to come in the same day and I visited Avenue Code's San Francisco office in the early afternoon.

The meetings with the account managers and the junior recruiters went exceptionally well. We had great conversations and I felt I had built good relationships with each of them. My interview lasted a full two hours and things had been running very smoothly.

However, when I had been interviewed by one of the interviewers on the HR team, she was quite unfriendly and cold and hardly made any eye contact with me. She consistently looked down at my resume and made notes without really getting to know my background and who I am as a qualified contributor to the talent acquisition space. I felt I had provided substantial detail around my work experience and abilities and she barely appeared interested in even talking to me and asking me pertinent questions. I mean this very honestly. It was a complete turn from how my other interviews had fared.

Shortly after meeting with the recruiters (which went quite well), the senior team member who had initially invited me in that day, had walked in and said flatly he did not want to waste my time and that I would not be pursued at this time. He then requested me to leave. You can imagine my surprise at this as I was unsure of how this turn of events had happened so suddenly.

I remained polite and I kindly inquired with him what had changed (because of my surprise at his abruptness) and if there was anything I could further explain so as to continue my interview. What followed soon after seemed very hurtful and unprofessional. He stated that the feedback he received around my prior work experience was "overplayed" and was most likely "a small job". I was absolutely dismayed at this response and felt it was very wrong to speak this way to a candidate (whether I was to be considered for a role or not). All my prior roles were quite critical to the organizations I had previously served and I felt greatly undermined because of this comment. He quickly ensured I left and I was not even walked to the elevator (as this would have at least been the kind thing to do for a candidate that comes in on such a short notice).

Even after this experience, I had reached out to an alternate senior team member who had contacted me a few months ago regarding this position. I detailed the full account of my terrible interview experience. She replied saying she would like to get in touch with me to further discuss this, however, when I sent a response back to her (willing to further provide details on my on-site interview), she never responded back to me. The follow up and attention to this issue was severely lacking and proved that Avenue Code failed at rightfully resolving this matter.

This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced and I am completely surprised this interview took such a drastic turn.

I thought I would share this completely true and detailed interview feedback as this certainly speaks to the reputation of Avenue Code, its interview/hiring process and the ethical treatment of its external candidates by its internal employees (even at the executive level).

I do not recommend a job seeking candidate to pursue an opportunity here. There are far better companies in the area that will at least treat you with decency and respect when they interview you (even if you are not to be considered for a role there).

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avenue Code (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I simply must leave review for this company interview, as I should do this for all unprofessional HR acts out there, as a warning for candidates. I had received a request to set my time aside from their HR. I had not received a call at scheduled time; however, 15 minutes later, I received a call from their recruiter with NO apology about them being late whatsoever. The fast-talking recruiter who appeared to be inexperienced began from asking me questions addressing details of my immigration status right off the bat, even though my ability to work for any employer was clearly mentioned in my resume. My "immigration status" happens to be as American as it gets. Despite me making this clear, he proceeded to insist that I somehow may need a visa (I have an accent, after having moved to this country 16 years ago) and kept saying "we do make visas". I became pretty clear for me what it was about. I was asked several questions about my background (which was fully matching their position requirements) and I was asked to set my time aside for in-person on site interview to test my technical skills and determine "CULTURE FIT" . I said that I needed to look at my schedule to see available times and was asked to email them. Needless to say I never heard back after emailing them the available times. Another example of disrespectful HR culture that took over certain subset of SF internet and mobile companies. This finally made me rethink applying with SF tech companies altogether, as I keep observing bad scheduling attitudes and complete lack of most basic courtesy in a few of these.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avenue Code (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2017.

Interview

The proccess took 2 weeks, the technical interview as well as HR interview were very intense, although very satisfying and smart.
    The first interview was made by HR, I explained my work experience and demonstrate my english level.
    The second interview was with software engineers, totally in english.
    The third interview was with HR again, but this time very intense as well as satisfying and smart.
    The fourth interview was with a tech guy from the client I would be allocated.

I consider these interview necessary and well applied.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avenue Code (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through a "dynamic interview" (dinâmica de grupo) with about 20 other people. Through the process we had to introduce ourselves, after that we were divided in two groups which had to pitch an idea of an app.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avenue Code (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in December 2016.

Interview

Reached out to me via linkedin and then we had a quick conversation. I was submitted to an online test (poorly written, that instead of trying to assess your problem resolution skills they come with questions that can be answered by google). Anyway, i then went through two more interviews. For my surprise, they asked a lot of technical questions where the subject was not in the original job description. Seems like there's a big communication gap between the recruiters and the engineers.

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avenue Code (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter found me on LinkedIn. The process consisted of three parts, phone interview, online tests and technical interview. The whole process took about 8 weeks. In this time the recruiters were always helpful and present, by the time the Interview process ended I was already feeling part of the team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my knowledge in Spring Framework, kinds of system integration and core Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avenue Code (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying to a random position at AC via linkedin, I've received a call from an HR analyst who guided me to answer 3 online tests and building a project as part of the hiring process.
    With this 1st step done, I was called to be interviewed in person and 2 senior software engineers inquired me mainly regarding the project, and applied a test where I had to build an algorithm. This same day I have also talked to the HR analyst who called me the 1st time, and to another one via skype, and both asked me lots of nonsense questions, however I didnt feel uncomfortable because 'till this time, nobody had asked me even a single personal query, what continued until the end.
    Having passed the 2 above steps, I had an interview via skype with an architect from San Francisco, and finally after some weeks they scheduled another interview directly with the client.
    The whole process was quite tiring, and since I havent received any response for some weeks after the last interview, I thought I've not had passed, but then all went fine and now I'm an Avenue Coder =).

Interview Questions

• What do you think your current boss think of you   1 Answer