Avid Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple enough. Basically just met with a couple of different managers, and team leads and essentially answered the same questions over and over again. The managers try to grill you, but in the end they've already made up their mind.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with the technology we support here?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

1 phone call, 3 in person interviewers, 1 interviewer by Skype, 1 interviewer by phone. All were very friendly and asked questions to know better my soft skills. Only 1 technical interviewer, the technical questions were very easy. 30 minutes per interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I put my number on the table before listening to their offer. I got only slightly less than what I asked which was within the acceptable range.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avid Technology in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was cumbersome and tedious. The organization was not respectful of my time as a candidate and tended to over-book interviews via phone, Skype, and in person. The team that I met with was not welcoming and more judgemental as if I was on trial. In the end, I decided it was not an organization I wanted to be part of.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this particular job opportunity? Why Avid?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Fast moving process, thorough questions both over the phone and in person. Very professional staff, beautiful office space. Lots of free parking. Phone interview first, then group interview after phone call with hr.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact: HR phone call (15min). ask about salary expectations. not so much into my experience however it is an opportunity to demonstrate communication skills
    Second contact: Hiring mgr phone call (30 min): talked about the position and touched on some items in the resume.
    Third contact: Hiring manager and two other team members for in person interviews (30 to 45 min each) very traditional interview, talk about experiences, the position, some questions on how to handle specific situations (difficult customer, conflicting priorities, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with all the basic questions starting with overview of your resume to your career objective   Answer Question

Negotiation

This phase is handled by HR person. Most benefits are already defined and negotiation is limited to salary and bonus.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview

Initial interview with a recruiter. Some basic questions about the past experience and future goals.
    In person interview with 3-4 developer and 1-2 people of the management stuff. Question range form basic technology ones to solving some technical problems.
    People were very friendly and respectful. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much a standard interview process and questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer matched my expectations. I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Burlington, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was with the Subject Matter experts., for 4 hrs with 6 people was hoping to get back to me.., but went with other candidate..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your current job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Tewksbury, MA) in August 2007.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, Manager, then In-person 1x1 interview with 4 engineers (45 mins each).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. You able to negotiate if you have offers. Company will going to negotiate if they really want you.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avid Technology (Santa Cruz, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Four engineers, technical manager, and group manager, took about 6 hours total. Engineers were free to ask any questions they liked, so difficulty was variable. From completely non-technical, to easy, to somewhat difficult technical questions were asked. Took me to lunch, was good to get to know the culture and personalities.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that moves memory from one location to another.   Answer Question

Benefits Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview

The process was pretty intense and I had to meet with a number of employees from a variety of departments. They were respectful of my time and had similar questions. I went through a couple of rounds of interviews and was offered the position within a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avid Technology in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed for a different job than the one I applied for. The interviewer agreed with me that I was better qualified for the other job and told me that I would be called by another interviewer the following week. He never called me, even after several attempts to contact him.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about the position I didn't apply for.   2 Answers