Aviva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aviva Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.7

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aviva in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency and they arranged the interview within a week. The interview was short and the interviewee is nice and friendly. They basically ask you your past experience and explain in detail what is required for the job and if you are able to accept it.

PMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (London, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

i had to submit a aplication online in the form of my c.v. I was gthen invited for interview and this was a competency based interview, the questions covered a range of topics including all skills pertaining to the PMO skill set.
    There was questions related to reporting, planning, risk issue assumption and dependency management

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had to manage conflict   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not negoiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Des Moines, IA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very professional, very friendly interviewees. Had worked with primary interviewer previously, which helped. Impressed with company facilities, including location and parking. Even though the organization had been in business for more than 25 years, was impressed with energy and forward-thinking staff

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

Applied through the University career center, had an interview there, got invited for a day of interviews a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but package was competitive.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was set up by external agency. Manager and staff were great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as that was done by the staffing agency. Take it or leave it.

Life Product Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I met with 4 people within a period of a week. The first interview was a screening interview and the next interview was with a 2nd person who left the room after the interview and sent in the manager and director.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer
    • How would you relate to the job duties here in comparison to your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one since I came in as a contractor, I was already given my salary through the temp agency.

Insurance Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very rigorous and long interview but i was well prepared so i aced it. I interviewed with 4 different people and was also made to underwrite a tough case on the spot

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about insurance and insurance operations   1 Answer

Applications Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in January 2011.

Interview

Definitely an intense, fast paced, detailed interview process. Not very many softballs are thrown.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your extra-curricular technical interests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiations were back and forth with HR, I'd says ask for what you want and minimize churn.

Investment Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Des Moines, IA) in November 2008.

Interview

I initially learned about the position from a former colleague who now works there. I filled out an online application and soon received a call from HR. They were quite interested in me at the beginning. I was traveling, so the first step was a phone interview with a senior VP, who suggested I submit a bid to do some project work for them as an initial test to determine my fit with the department. I did this, then was scheduled for a personal interview with several people from the company. The interviews went well, although they were somewhat exhausting because I met with a total of about eight people; some one-on-one and others in small groups. Some of the people I interviewed with struck me as extremely inexperienced for the positions they had. For example, one person had actually been a student intern at my previous employer and to the best of my knowledge was not at all qualified for the type of work she was doing for her present employer. In fact, she was actually doing several things that had been my responsibility at the previous company. This made me question the true nature of the job I was seeking. Although everyone was very interested in my background and experience, I had the feeling they were trying to figure out how the other company (their rival) had done things. I generally felt they weren't quite sure what to do with me or how I would fit in the team. This was disappointing, because my former colleague had said they really worked closely with him to customize a good position. They made no such efforts with me beyond telling me I was being considered for two positions. The HR woman finally sent me the salary range for both positions and they were substantially below what I'd been making. She indicated they would be making a decision soon and I was actually fairly hopeful I would get hired. However, about a week went by before I heard from anyone there. The HR woman had left the company by this time, and the new HR person just said I was not chosen for the position. There was no explanation. I never heard further about my project bid. About a month and a half later, I was contacted by four recruiters for the same position, and told they were now going to fill it with a contractor. My name was submitted again, but I never got an interview. I later heard they filled it with a friend of a friend. Then, in the last two weeks, the position reappeared on the company's internet site and I re-applied. However, I am not hopeful I'll even get an interview. Frankly, I no longer care. They seem extremely erratic to me.

Interview Questions

• Can you extract information from a portfolio manager and turn it into something? How much do you know about fixed income?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone/In person - lots of competency type questions but the questions were just barked at you and responses were not really listened to. Got no understanding of the role, department etc.