BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an in-person interview about 3 weeks later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. interviews with engineers in the Antenna group from all levels as well as a lunch interview with the Technical Development Manager. I ended up exceeding each of the 30 min. time slots by about 15 min. each which extended the total interview from about 5 hrs to roughly 6.5 hrs (which was seen as a positive). I ended the interview with the Group Manager because the Technical Manager needed to leave unexpectedly and talked with him about why I wanted the position and my educational/career aspirations (he seemed excited that I was excited).

Overall, it was a very straightforward and enjoyable experience. The group was friendly and engaging with almost all of the questions relating to my experience and why I was interested in the position and/or Antenna Engineering (presumably because I was a fresh out of a Physics undergrad -- i.e. I wasn't an engineer). They all seemed to appreciate that I asked questions specific to not only the position but also continuing education programs such as an M.S.E.E. in RF/Microwave (also, presumably, because of my general Physics background).

I did my best to be as genuine and personable as I could be (without overdoing the personable part as this can sometimes be off-putting) and I think they really appreciated that. A little advice for entry level engineers with interviews coming up:

1. Know what the position entails and make sure you can relate your experience and education back to the job description (especially if you don't have an engineering degree)

2. Know what you want and why you want it

3. Just be yourself (but stay professional) because, if they don't want the 'real you', you don't want them

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Connect your Physics education to this position.   1 Answer

ELDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hudson, NH).

Interview

Applied online. Interview offer came the day after the applications closed. One 30 minute interview. 3 days to prepare. Presentation on a substantial project you have worked on as well as leadership Q&A

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of this leadership program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Long and difficult. Lots of personality questions and scenarios.
    Process took a month with no feedback or status report after the interview despite multiple attempts to find out if I was still a candidate. A basic lack of human respect for candidates who sacrifice their energy and take time off other jobs to drive to BAE and interview. Good to know this BEFORE accepting a position with managers that do not respect you.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 5 Sr. managers and engineers. They are very serious and rude and were very uninterested in anything. I imagine the culture working there is very dull and serious which I should expect since they are a older defense company. If I am offered a second round, I will reject it for sure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Straight-forward. Met with two supervisors and a senior technician who discussed my experience and resume highlights. Discussed challenges at my last position, and my expectations. It was actually a decent conversation and trying to gauge how my mind works for testing and troubleshooting, and whether I'm a good cultural fit.

Beware for St. Inigoes interviews: they'll be pleasant at the interview, and supervisor will lie about "chill" and "relaxed" atmosphere.

"Customer Service" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was told this would be for a customer service job. Got there and there are tons of people waiting to interview. This was my first red flag. Even though we were asked to bring resumes and had all applied online, forms were given for us to fill out and the receptionist handing them out is eating at the desk...again, strange. The interviewer comes out and tells us he is behind, so he is talking to people in groups of four and he is not making any final decisions today but instead calling us back for second interviews. So this was the second red flag. He brings people in groups of 4, gives a long very fast speech about the company. Sounds good at first, but then he starts talking about how you don't need a lot of experience and gets to the pay. NOTHING compared to what is on glassdoor and he brings up that it's a contract position, which we all means no benefits. He then thumbs through our forms and asked us a few short questions and dismissed us one by one. Overall it was very disorganized and unprofessional, and the I felt the job itself was entirely misrepresented from the listing vs the actual job. Don't waste your time with these people. This whole drawn out day could have been a quick five minute phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 11am to 8 pm   1 Answer
    • Can you manage a team of 5-8 people   1 Answer
    • Is $30,000 a year acceptable (in California?!?)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2017.

Interview

A brief phone interview with a recruiter asking general behavioral questions, followed by a phone interview with two hiring managers with more behavioral questions, then a virtual interview with two people. The virtual interview was mostly questions about my past projects and experience, with some OOPs questions.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was contacted by a recruiter approximately two months later. After a brief but productive phone call, I was told I may be contacted for a telephone interview. Approximately a month later, the recruiter contacted me to confirm my interest in the position, and scheduled a telephone interview for later in the week. The recruiter also followed up the phone call with an email containing the details of the interview, to include the names of the panel members. Later that week, I had the telephone interview, although it was only with a single panel member. The interviewer called late, but sincerely apologized. The interview was mostly a review of my previous experience and resume, and the interviewer also provided (unsolicited) a description of the position and its responsibilities, and described the pace of work at the organization. I was offered an opportunity to ask questions, and told I could call back at any time, should I have further questions.
    After a few weeks without contact, I emailed the recruiter to ask for an update on the selection process, and was told the hiring manager had been traveling, but a decision should be forthcoming within a week. After a few more weeks without contact, I followed up with another email to the recruiter. A few days later, I received a very professional and well-written personal email informing me I was not selected for the position. The same day, I received an auto-generated email from the company (also professionally written) confirming I was not selected for the position.
    Although the process took much longer than I anticipated, the overall experience was positive and professional throughout.

Software Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call about 2 months after applying, asked to come in for an in person interview. I drove 3.5 hours for the interview, was taken back for 15 minutes for a technical interview. I was not too happy or confident in the interview

Technical Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Bethesda, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Technical Intern 3 position in February and was contacted in April to set up a phone interview for the next day. The person contacted me exactly when I was told they would call and we had a very pleasant conversation. The interview was not very technical in nature - we mostly discussed the details of the internship, my classwork experience, and our views related to Cybersecurity and its importance in this day and age. Two and a half weeks later I was contacted and told I got the job. Upon looking at my offer letter I discovered that I was actually hired as a Technical Intern 4, which is perfectly fine with me.

All Source Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a BAE Recruiter, which led to a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview took approximately 30 minutes, and was conducted in a professional manner.