BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an in-person interview about 3 weeks later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. interviews with engineers in the Antenna group from all levels as well as a lunch interview with the Technical Development Manager. I ended up exceeding each of the 30 min. time slots by about 15 min. each which extended the total interview from about 5 hrs to roughly 6.5 hrs (which was seen as a positive). I ended the interview with the Group Manager because the Technical Manager needed to leave unexpectedly and talked with him about why I wanted the position and my educational/career aspirations (he seemed excited that I was excited).

Overall, it was a very straightforward and enjoyable experience. The group was friendly and engaging with almost all of the questions relating to my experience and why I was interested in the position and/or Antenna Engineering (presumably because I was a fresh out of a Physics undergrad -- i.e. I wasn't an engineer). They all seemed to appreciate that I asked questions specific to not only the position but also continuing education programs such as an M.S.E.E. in RF/Microwave (also, presumably, because of my general Physics background).

I did my best to be as genuine and personable as I could be (without overdoing the personable part as this can sometimes be off-putting) and I think they really appreciated that. A little advice for entry level engineers with interviews coming up:

1. Know what the position entails and make sure you can relate your experience and education back to the job description (especially if you don't have an engineering degree)

2. Know what you want and why you want it

3. Just be yourself (but stay professional) because, if they don't want the 'real you', you don't want them

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Connect your Physics education to this position.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

One meal meeting followed by job discussions then a full day of discussions with various team members and bosses. Plus a lunch time presentation i was asked to give. It was a very good experience to learn about the company and my potential role.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager, then on site interview with a panel of interviewers (4 total). The on site interview took about two hours total and also included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply statistical processes in order to enhance current procedures.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a phone interview with two of the employees in the program. It was very structured. They minimized any conversation and stuck to the 9 or 10 questions they had prepared.

Geospatial Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Second interview was immediately set up before the end of the call. Second interview took place the following week. Received an offer the following week after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BAE Systems?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 consecutive interviews with individuals at the company. No one really asked me any technical questions. Two were software developers and one was a project manager.

The most technical aspect of any of these interviews was explaining concepts behind past projects.

All of them were easygoing to talk to. I don't think I would have had any issues working with any of them.

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There was a 1 hour phone screening and then a 1.5 hour in person interview. They were both with the team members and hiring managers as opposed to HR.

The phone screening was more focused on discussing my experience and qualifications. They asked technical questions as they arose (why did you choose this instead of that, explain why it's better, etc).

The in person interview was with a team member, the direct manager, and a higher up manager. It was much more technical and asked specific questions about the technologies I'd be using.

Interview Questions

• They gave a few scope questions about javascript methods and functions. They also gave me some code that was designed improperly and I had to explain what it would do and how to fix the issue.

Then they went over benefits and general company culture.   Answer Question

ELDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an phone interview about month later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. Recruiter contacted me through email. we picked the time and scheduled 30 min conservation.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Took a test using a SOCET-SET to test my stereo vision, then sat down with three individuals for separate interviews. Was interviewing for 1.5 hours, so you have to keep focused and be consistent with answers. Emphasis on technical questions with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BAE?   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, flew me to Austin, TX, for in person interview. Met with many managers, directors and potential co-workers. They took me out to lunch. I thought it went well until they ghosted on me. Rude. And would not want to work for a company that can’t even bother to get back to someone that put time and energy into it all. It’s too easy for such companies to fly people out because they can write the expenses off on their tax filings, but it’s a waste of time for those looking for a job.

ELDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2017.

Interview

I applied late August. I was contacted for a 30 min interview that took place late September. It took them until early December to inform me I was not being moved forward.