BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an in-person interview about 3 weeks later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. interviews with engineers in the Antenna group from all levels as well as a lunch interview with the Technical Development Manager. I ended up exceeding each of the 30 min. time slots by about 15 min. each which extended the total interview from about 5 hrs to roughly 6.5 hrs (which was seen as a positive). I ended the interview with the Group Manager because the Technical Manager needed to leave unexpectedly and talked with him about why I wanted the position and my educational/career aspirations (he seemed excited that I was excited).

Overall, it was a very straightforward and enjoyable experience. The group was friendly and engaging with almost all of the questions relating to my experience and why I was interested in the position and/or Antenna Engineering (presumably because I was a fresh out of a Physics undergrad -- i.e. I wasn't an engineer). They all seemed to appreciate that I asked questions specific to not only the position but also continuing education programs such as an M.S.E.E. in RF/Microwave (also, presumably, because of my general Physics background).

I did my best to be as genuine and personable as I could be (without overdoing the personable part as this can sometimes be off-putting) and I think they really appreciated that. A little advice for entry level engineers with interviews coming up:

1. Know what the position entails and make sure you can relate your experience and education back to the job description (especially if you don't have an engineering degree)

2. Know what you want and why you want it

3. Just be yourself (but stay professional) because, if they don't want the 'real you', you don't want them

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Connect your Physics education to this position.   1 Answer

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There was a 1 hour phone screening and then a 1.5 hour in person interview. They were both with the team members and hiring managers as opposed to HR.

The phone screening was more focused on discussing my experience and qualifications. They asked technical questions as they arose (why did you choose this instead of that, explain why it's better, etc).

The in person interview was with a team member, the direct manager, and a higher up manager. It was much more technical and asked specific questions about the technologies I'd be using.

Interview Questions

• They gave a few scope questions about javascript methods and functions. They also gave me some code that was designed improperly and I had to explain what it would do and how to fix the issue.

Then they went over benefits and general company culture.   Answer Question

ELDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an phone interview about month later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. Recruiter contacted me through email. we picked the time and scheduled 30 min conservation.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Took a test using a SOCET-SET to test my stereo vision, then sat down with three individuals for separate interviews. Was interviewing for 1.5 hours, so you have to keep focused and be consistent with answers. Emphasis on technical questions with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BAE?   1 Answer

ELDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hudson, NH).

Interview

Applied online. Interview offer came the day after the applications closed. One 30 minute interview. 3 days to prepare. Presentation on a substantial project you have worked on as well as leadership Q&A

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of this leadership program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Long and difficult. Lots of personality questions and scenarios.
    Process took a month with no feedback or status report after the interview despite multiple attempts to find out if I was still a candidate. A basic lack of human respect for candidates who sacrifice their energy and take time off other jobs to drive to BAE and interview. Good to know this BEFORE accepting a position with managers that do not respect you.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 5 Sr. managers and engineers. They are very serious and rude and were very uninterested in anything. I imagine the culture working there is very dull and serious which I should expect since they are a older defense company. If I am offered a second round, I will reject it for sure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Straight-forward. Met with two supervisors and a senior technician who discussed my experience and resume highlights. Discussed challenges at my last position, and my expectations. It was actually a decent conversation and trying to gauge how my mind works for testing and troubleshooting, and whether I'm a good cultural fit.

Beware for St. Inigoes interviews: they'll be pleasant at the interview, and supervisor will lie about "chill" and "relaxed" atmosphere.

"Customer Service" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was told this would be for a customer service job. Got there and there are tons of people waiting to interview. This was my first red flag. Even though we were asked to bring resumes and had all applied online, forms were given for us to fill out and the receptionist handing them out is eating at the desk...again, strange. The interviewer comes out and tells us he is behind, so he is talking to people in groups of four and he is not making any final decisions today but instead calling us back for second interviews. So this was the second red flag. He brings people in groups of 4, gives a long very fast speech about the company. Sounds good at first, but then he starts talking about how you don't need a lot of experience and gets to the pay. NOTHING compared to what is on glassdoor and he brings up that it's a contract position, which we all means no benefits. He then thumbs through our forms and asked us a few short questions and dismissed us one by one. Overall it was very disorganized and unprofessional, and the I felt the job itself was entirely misrepresented from the listing vs the actual job. Don't waste your time with these people. This whole drawn out day could have been a quick five minute phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 11am to 8 pm   1 Answer
    • Can you manage a team of 5-8 people   1 Answer
    • Is $30,000 a year acceptable (in California?!?)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2017.

Interview

A brief phone interview with a recruiter asking general behavioral questions, followed by a phone interview with two hiring managers with more behavioral questions, then a virtual interview with two people. The virtual interview was mostly questions about my past projects and experience, with some OOPs questions.

CIAT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Dublin, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very short and direct. They actually look at your resume and ask you questions based on your experience. They want SME's so ensure you are an SME. There was a total of 2 interviews, one with a recruiter, one with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain the intelligence process from start to finish.   1 Answer