BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Merrimack, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR asking for an in-person interview about 3 weeks later. The interview consisted of 9 ~30 min. interviews with engineers in the Antenna group from all levels as well as a lunch interview with the Technical Development Manager. I ended up exceeding each of the 30 min. time slots by about 15 min. each which extended the total interview from about 5 hrs to roughly 6.5 hrs (which was seen as a positive). I ended the interview with the Group Manager because the Technical Manager needed to leave unexpectedly and talked with him about why I wanted the position and my educational/career aspirations (he seemed excited that I was excited).

Overall, it was a very straightforward and enjoyable experience. The group was friendly and engaging with almost all of the questions relating to my experience and why I was interested in the position and/or Antenna Engineering (presumably because I was a fresh out of a Physics undergrad -- i.e. I wasn't an engineer). They all seemed to appreciate that I asked questions specific to not only the position but also continuing education programs such as an M.S.E.E. in RF/Microwave (also, presumably, because of my general Physics background).

I did my best to be as genuine and personable as I could be (without overdoing the personable part as this can sometimes be off-putting) and I think they really appreciated that. A little advice for entry level engineers with interviews coming up:

1. Know what the position entails and make sure you can relate your experience and education back to the job description (especially if you don't have an engineering degree)

2. Know what you want and why you want it

3. Just be yourself (but stay professional) because, if they don't want the 'real you', you don't want them

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Connect your Physics education to this position.   1 Answer

Geospatial Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Mount Laurel, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview (30 minutes) and then met for an in-person interview about a week later (2 - 2.5 hours). I met with three employees during the in-person interview and answered questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Columbia, SC) in June 2018.

Interview

1. Applied online and contacted by recruiter.
    2. Phone interview, about 30 mins with Team Lead
    3. Group interview about 30 mins with Team lead and 2 managers. Whole process took about 2 weeks

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was about 20-25 minutes. Interviewed by four people. The questions were based on your work experience. Giving examples of how you handle difficult work environment to difficult people to troubleshooting equipment.

Technical Intern I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

As an intern applying to this position as a Freshman, the interview was not every complicated in nature. The interviewer gives a run down of the position and what your responsibilities will be. The interviewer will determine if you are a good fit by how you show interest in the position and if your skills are a good fit for the position. Make sure to ask good questions and show enthusiasm when you speak!

Interview Questions

• Q: What classes are you taking and decribe them.

Q: Give an example of when you worked in teams.   Answer Question

Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

SKILLS/TOOLS:

PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS-Access, PostgreSQL, DB2, Sybase, Oracle BI publisher 11g, AWS (Amazon web services), SAS, Erwin, Joomla, Html, JavaScript, VB, VB.NET, DOT.NET, Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Grid Control, RAC, Oracle IAS, Oracle APEX, Oracle Reports, Oracle People Soft, Oracle Business Intelligence, MS-Internet Information Services (IIS), Win SCP, Oracle SQL, Oracle SQL Developer (Oracle, SQL Server), Oracle data integrator, Talend ETL (Extract, transform, and loading), Oracle SOAPUI, Postman, Oracle Slack, Wiki, JIRA, GitHub, Git, SVN, Bit bucket, UNIX Commands & Shell Scripts, VMware ESXI, VMware, Virtual Box, MS office, CVS, MS Visual source safe, Crystal report, Power Designer, ETL Tool, Swis tool to convert databases, Aqua data studio tool for databases, TOAD tool for Databases, EMS tool for databases (Oracle, SQL Server), Bugzilla, Linux/UNIX, Sun Solaris, Windows, Borland JBuilder, AdobeFlex Builder

Engineering HW I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Wayne, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email a month later. A phone interview was scheduled for a week later with two engineers. We mainly just reviewed my resume and talked about past projects. A week later I was contacted through email again about scheduling an in person interview for a week after that. The interview was 3 hours and was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different people in an office cubicle over the course of 4 hours. Was asked questions about resume and skills. Was given a brief tour of part of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Very professional interview with a panel of current employees that would consist of the team that would be your peers. Not too formal, but hiring manager was there as was their boss.

Interview Questions

• What area, if hired would you need the most work in, immediately?   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Looking at other reviews was very helpful so read them all carefully.

About a week after I applied online, I heard back and scheduled a phone screen. This part simply went over my resume, interests, salary expectation - no technical component. On-site was 3 interviews, all engineers. Make sure to practice your standard "why here", "what are challenges", "favorite work" kinds of soft questions. They are interested in seeing your ability and willingness to communicate OOP concepts. You get lunch after with some employees afterwards to ask any lingering questions. Overall, it was a nice experience. Going into it with the mindset that they are looking to get to know you and your technical history makes it fairly casual and fun. For my offer, salary and benefits were as expected.

Interview Questions

• On-site: Three rounds of self-introduction, project history and a lot of OOP (which I explained with pretty explicit relation to Java).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Phone interview; called in to a room with around 5 engineers. Mostly behavioral questions, a few technical. The questions weren't very difficult, but it was stressful to be on the phone with that many people. Didn't leave with the impression that it went extremely well or extremely poorly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what we do here, and why you'd want to work for us?   Answer Question