BCBG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BCBG Interview Questions

Interviews at BCBG

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCBG.

Interview

It was very informative and they asked great questions. I interviewed with two managers that have been working in the company for a long time. They were very nice and knew about the products and how to market them very well.

Interview Questions

• Put together a style from what you see on the floor and sell me on it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCBG (Aurora, IL).

Interview

It was good, management was very nice. Everyone was super helpful and answered all my questions. Store was clean, and they asked about 10 questions. The other sales associates also asked me some questions, and I was asked to put an outfit together for management before they asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• how many years of retail experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Didn’t have a real one I was just hired by my friends friend. They were very short staffed at the time and needed someone to come in so they hired me the moment I walked in because I was “pretty”, didn’t care about my experience or anything just wanted pretty people to work there

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCBG.

Interview

Quick, easy hiring process. Briefly went over previous experience and spoke about what I could contribute to the company. Come prepared with your resume. Manager was kind and worked around my availability. Interview was super easy, be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCBG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Group setting, basic sales questions, interviewer seemed friendly and interested to get to know peoples personalities. Took about 30 minutes but each person only spoke for about 7. The application was detailed.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BCBG.

Interview

All by Skype/FaceTime which was nice because I had extensive notes in front of my computer. You do feel a bit "on the spot" and tough to see body language etc. but overall, was great.

Interview Questions

• They REALLY care about building a rapport with the customers that come in to shop. We had a customer book and wrote details about each of them so when they return to the store, you can say to them, "Hi Elena! How did your mothers surgery go?" Or, " did your event turn out well?" Details such as that. Focus on your need/want to build a friendly relationship with your customers. I can always tell a difference when I walk into, lets say, Forever 21 (not that I shop there), or some other mall multi chain retail store. When you walk out of BCBG, you feel like you've made a friend rather than a place that completely ignored you and took your money. So, make sure that Client Development is something to stress in your interview. Even though the district manager interviewing me could only see my top half, I did wear a cute black and white striped shirt with one of their blazers I had purchased a couple years before. Make sure you accessorize nicely and wear current fashion. I do recall being asked what were some of the current trends. And if you don't know this already, do not work in a fashion retailer. BCBG focuses a lot on presenting as a "boutique" if you will, Before working here I had corporate retail experience as well as boutique so I lead with having knowledge in both environments. Selling, then managing, a 2.8mil corporate store in the mall to a base salary plus commission boutique selling $700 shirts and $2k dresses. Man, I miss my retail days! Good Luck!!!!   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Interview

It was three rounds. First was a group discussion with HR. After which was meeting with the store manager where they discussed sales experience and former client lists and how would you tackle busy seasons and availability to work. Final round was in store practical selling.

Interview Questions

• Personality/ Professional Background generic questions for round one basically to stand out from the group. Second round was one to one discussion about Education Background. Why do you want to work with the brand. Discuss your previous styling experience. What were the challenges and accomplishments. Availability to work on during busy seasons. Final round was in store selling and giving a smooth guest experience..   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCBG in September 2018.

Interview

Very simple, cared a lot about my image, asked basic retail questions, very short, the manager took me to the back room, very small, asked me some things about my self like hobbies and such.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BCBG (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The hiring manager asked me a series of situational questions. They also ask you why you think you would be a great fit. What you like about the brand. How you would describe your personal style.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a upset customer?
      You notice a customer shoplifting. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BCBG (Washington, DC) in August 2018.

Interview

I met up with a district manager at a BCBG location and discussed my experience in sales, and what a position at BCBG would entail. I was hired at the end of the conversation and began filling out on boarding paperwork that day.

Interview Questions

• Experience in sales, experience in retail, experience in personal shopping (helping customers shop for events/personal style, etc.)   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation that you've had to deal with an irate customer? What was the context and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question