BI-LO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BI-LO

1.8

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I felt confident and the information from glass door was great. I value the tips that I had seen in other places on glass door. Thank you very much for the access to website.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply with BI-LO?   1 Answer

Interview

Fairly quick process from application to interview contact if selected.
    However, currently outsourcing the hiring process. On-line applications only, with an Assessment Inquiry to follow.
    The results of the Assessment determine if you will attain an interview. While the assessment does have its' value (sort through Candidates / cost effective), it is far from a personal contact.
    Training program needs improvement

Interview Questions

• Having been in the industry, I was prepared for the expected Merchandising, Costumer / Employee conflict. Be prepared on employee development.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO.

Interview

For the interview, dress business casual and be yourself. They want to see who you are and where your successes and challenges have been. Anything you consider a failure, discuss what you learned and what you did to make it right. Discuss what activities you have been a part of as a pharmacist and how you react to the worst customer encounter you could imagine. Also consider how you handle stress and how well you triage when working alone. For me, the hiring process seemed very quick. Within two weeks of the interview, I was training for a week and then on my own.

Interview Questions

• What have been some of your contributions to other employers and how have you seen these contributions benefit the company?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation. The subject of salary was brought up and I agreed with their offer. During this phase, be honest and upfront about any vacation time coming up or important days off; they worked with me... they bent over backwards with me. Also, discuss how much vacation time you have now... if they offer you two weeks but you are used to three weeks... you will notice. So ask them if they would consider three weeks. Be open, honest, level headed, and reasonable.

Assistant Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (Chapin, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially interviewed and hired for a Cashier position, part-time. I submitted the application online and then had to go into the store several times before a manager actually pulled the application and sat me down for an interview.

He asked me basic questions, what activities I was involved in at school, past work experience, etc. Acted like he was interested and noted these but I found out later on it doesn't really matter, they just want to know if you will be a good customer service represenative.

I was hired a few days afterwards with minimum wage. After a year and a half I was promoted to an Assistant Bookkeeper, working in the cash office, with a fifty cent raise. (and a yearly three cent raise, woohoo)

Negotiation

None. Either take it or don't.

Bilo Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BI-LO.

Interview

i basically went to a job fair they were having i applied beforehand the store director interviewed me i was casual dressed we had a one on one interview but being that it was a job fair i made sure i did my background check on the company so i can stand out.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very brief talk with manager, store was overrun with customers, no real time to talk about job itself, one manager had child behind customer service desk, all in all, it felt very unprofessional and not at all like I had expected from a company of Bi-Lo's caliber

Interview Questions

• Where have I worked previously, why did I apply, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BI-LO (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

i went for an interview and the manager was very laid back i felt so comfortable. i did a drug test now im just waiting for him to call me back, last week he said he'd let me know before this Friday if i got the job.

Interview Questions

• when they ask tell me about yourself i dont know exactly how to pinpoint things   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in York, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (York, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed quite well by an assistant manager in the store. I was asked and answered pertinent questions as to my retail experience, my technical abilities and knowledge, and my likes and dislikes regarding work in a retail situation. Then, the store manager briefly interviewed me as to my experience with planograms.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working with the public?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BI-LO (Gastonia, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Very brief, basic conversational questions. I have to talk about my self a great deal. I ran out of thing to say, so I stared to ask questions about the manager. She discussed her daughter's up coming wedding, and I elaborated from there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BI-LO (Lexington, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very short and simple. It was a 3 question interview and was immediately offered a job. Everyone was very nice and seemed very enthusiastic about the job. The interview seemed almost too easy however, and I wasn't sure if that was a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a smaller store instead of a bigger store such as Publix?   Answer Question