BNSF Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BNSF Logistics

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly, they are currently expanding to the SE USA region and are aggressively seeking talent. However, the new manager they selected for the Florida office has zero backbone. I received and offer, which I must admit was weak, given my predicament I accepted. Upon background screening the HR dept, discovered an 1 arrest w/ no convictions and revoked the offer. After this I was treated like a criminal which I am not. The HR rep was very communicative however, the manger had the final say, he failed to reach out to me to grasp the full capacity of the situation, essentially hiding behind his computer screen. Before this he had so much positive things to say to me, this revealed to me the level of desperation they are in to hire and under pay experience and senior level logistic agents. In addition, this also shows the level of conservative outlook they have. Beware.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you look for in leadership/management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

very simple, they didnt require an interview really because it is completely based off of commission. All you have to do is walk in and fill out some paper work and youre essentially an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (Springdale, AR) in October 2014.

Interview

As interviews go, it wasn't too lengthy of a process. I had a phone screen with the recruiter that consisted of some general questions about my background. She was very knowledgable about the company and she answered all of my questions. She let me know the process, and that she would be recommending me for an in person interview with the manager. The BM reached out to me a week later and I had a face to face interview with him the following week and then another with the BM and a couple of the Transportation Coordinators.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my sales experiences: hardest sale I have ever made, most memorable sale, stuff like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (Columbus, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

Two interviews, one with Branch Manager and one with top performing account manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and straightforward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

They say they want Diversity but they just mean white women. They were unintentionally overt about that. However I wasn't that upset because the job was not even remotely appealing.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you went a whole month without closing a sale?   1 Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics in September 2017.

Interview

I talked with the director of the training program. I enjoyed speaking with her. The interview was a mix about my experience but a personality test so she could get a sense of how successful I could be.

Interview Questions

• What is my spirit animal?
      What is my element? (Fire, water, wind, earth)
      Tell me about an adversity you faced (optional)
      What is a goal you set? How did you measure success? What steps did you take to get there? What skills I used?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I did have several interviews in one day, but the company did a great job planning the trip to make me comfortable. I had to complete a skills
    based skills assessment test which included basic knowledge and situational questions. Overall the experience was great

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (Wilmington, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

Very laid back and easy going interview. Hiring Manger did an excellent job explaining the position duties and room for growth. It felt more like chatting with a new friend than the typical pressure of interviewing for a job.

Interview Questions

• If I had a dum dum for sale for $1 and George had a dumbell for sale for $1, you and George have had made contact in the past and he regularly checks in to see how your doing, would you buy my dum dum or georges?   1 Answer

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great process very easy and quick. Everyone was very nice and asked simple straight forward questions to get to know me as a candidate. Very good interview atmosphere as well. No outside distractions during the process. I also got a first hand look at the office and operating areas before and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Very quick. They layed out their side and I was able to counter and we moved on from there

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNSF Logistics.

Interview

The process was actually quite lengthy, only because the recruiter and I have been engaging in conversations and on and off emails through LinkedIn for the last few years. I simply was not ready to make a move when originally contacted. She continued to keep in touch with me, very patient, not at all pushy but also persistent -here I thought I was a good salesman! The process was quite thorough and there were several interviews via phone, face to face and even a presentation. It was a lengthy but an overall pleasant experience. Subsequently, I've been quite happy with my role.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date on your target market? -I thought this was a fascinating question and never had anyone ask me this.   Answer Question