Bain Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain Capital Interview Questions

3.2

Summer Analyst, Private Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round involved two back to back 30 minute interviews. The interviews were mainly case-based with a few minutes at the very end for me to ask questions. The cases were similar to consulting cases, but with a private equity focus (would you recommend investing in this company? etc). There is a large mental math component (long division, etc).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through a case, then asked me why I was interested in the internship. I am a pre-med student so I just told the truth. Interviewer said case was solid and he could tell that I was passionate about the role, but my lack of background might hinder me in the process, which I guess it did.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in finance even though I had no finance background.   Answer Question

Marketing Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in through an agency that was looking to fill the role. The interview was engaging and of average difficulty. The people were great. It went much better than expected. Don't be intimidated by the high rise and fancy offices. Its a great place. I had a phone interview followed by a face to face. Bain has many contractors so they have decent processes in place if you're coming in on an assignment.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview followed by the face-to-face with 2 interviewers, they asked about my experience, the obvious questions and how I would handle their projects. They gave me good information regarding the project and the requirements.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital.

Interview

Came in thru recruiter, had interview with EA Admin lead and then Business Unit EA Team Lead. Once I passed their interview, they set me up to meet the Executive.
    Came back a few days later, met with Executive and hit it off.
    Was given an offer within a day or two.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to be asked ANYTHING.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview. The interview was about 30 minutes are so. She advised me they would get back to me if I was going to be brought in for an Interview. A week later I was asked to come into the Office and met with 3 different employees. The job seemed like a great fit and the people were very friendly. Sadly, I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• General questions about working in an Office Services Departmernt   1 Answer

Portfolio Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain Capital.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Interview started late by about twenty minutes. Interviewed with one person from HR and two people from portfolio operations in separate one-on-one interview. They seemed very nice and friendly during the interview. This sector dealt in fixed assets. Process took less than a week to interview and hear back from them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. I met with several members of the team, and everyone was very friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and conversational. The focus was on my experience. No trick questions. Plenty of opportunity for me to ask questions. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. Mostly "Tell me about your background", "Tell me about yourself", "Why do want to work for Bain"?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviewed in their office in the John Hancock Tower. Interviewed with 2 different people, the Direct Manager of the sector and the VP of that sector. Mostly asked about experiences and situational questions rather than technical questions. This was only the first interview so I assume that the technical finance questions would be asked in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you had to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain Capital (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, yet still did not get hired. Apparently was overqualified. Not sure if that was the accurate reason but knew I could do the job with my eyes closed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain Capital.

Interview

Good overall interview experience. Interviewed with two managers within operations and discussed my past intern experiences. Basic behavioral questions, like strengths/weaknesses and discussing your resume. The office was very impressive.