Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

To get into the system, I had to do the work myself. I submitted my resume online, but no one at the district office got back to me. I went to schools myself and gave out my interview. I had a few interviews and then a school hired me. I had to WAIT to be hired after the TFA, BCTR were placed. I am a traditional certified teacher, and they placed non teachers before they hired me. I was at the edge of my chair for a month until the paper work went through.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired for a position I didn't interview for. It was chaotic you have to go through orientation before they will offer you a job. And even if you go through orientation there is no guarantee that you will be offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The process was rather straightforward. Interviewees had to deliver a sample lesson plan that lasted anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, the panel of interviewers ask a series of question based off of you lesson. Following this, the leadership staff of the school will brief you on what the culture and climate is for the particular school and will ask how you might handle a number of hypothetical situations. It was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage classroom behaviors knowing that our school does not believe in detention or suspensions? How will you manage to control your class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

find a school and interview with the principal, that way they can request your name through HR, otherwise you will never get a phone call. Make sure you are certified otherwise you could get an offer but if you do not meet highly qualified status they will place you as a surplus.

Interview Questions

• there really arent, they just need A BODY in the classroom   Answer Question

Negotiation

there's none,, the first year they will try to keep you happy, but after that they will take advantage of your generosity

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Most schools will require a demo lesson and sample lesson plans. Some principals may require a video recording of a lesson or a portfolio of student work to demonstrate effective teaching.

After my demo lesson I was interviewed by the principal and the mentor teachers for the two different grades where positions were available.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach classroom management and how confident are you that you would be able to control a classroom.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

Submitted resume to city schools and was interviewed by school principal and department head. Principal ask questions related to experience and classroom procedures. Department head ask questions about inclusion classrooms and differentiated instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with students who refuse to follow city/school policy and refuse class room learning procedures.   Answer Question

Interview

Tour of the community from the vice principal which lasted about an hour. Followed by a formal interview with the principal. There was no sample teaching like many other schools do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

scheduled for 1 hour, lasted about half. Interviewer was distracted by the two way radio. Essentially, interviewer was not prepared foi my arrival and had to be tracked down.

Interview Questions

• Asking me for experience in 6th grade. I taught 4th and 5th. They knew that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of leaders such as the principal, assistant principal, IT chair, and team leaders. I had to perform a demonstration lesson for the subject of my choice. I choose Literacy and did well. The hiring team asked several questions and gave me several scenarios for me to tell how I would handle each scenario. The interview went well and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What strategies and techniques do you use daily to manage behavior in the classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

informal and rushed and desperate and they were very vague about the details for the school culture and about how they handled students who violated tier I and Tier II rules and procedures. Vague answers about extra curricular activities and didn't explain the severity of the low test scores and how the majority of students (90%+) could not read --and or were reading 3 and 4 grade levels behind. Also, they did not explain that there was not an effective reading intervention process in place -- that I would have to create that on my own...and that once you were hired- you were trapped regardless of incompatibility issues with that particular school. Also, that nearly 80% of the teachers hired for my position had resigned because the conditions were so bad -- with management playing favoritism, micro managing and notifying us of serious deadlines sometimes only on or two days prior to the deadline.

Interview Questions

• overall they asked vague questions -- nothing about my background --seemed like just wanted to get warm body in front of the classroom --did i deal with misbehavior?   1 Answer