Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Baltimore City Public School System

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

To get into the system, I had to do the work myself. I submitted my resume online, but no one at the district office got back to me. I went to schools myself and gave out my interview. I had a few interviews and then a school hired me. I had to WAIT to be hired after the TFA, BCTR were placed. I am a traditional certified teacher, and they placed non teachers before they hired me. I was at the edge of my chair for a month until the paper work went through.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired for a position I didn't interview for. It was chaotic you have to go through orientation before they will offer you a job. And even if you go through orientation there is no guarantee that you will be offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The process was rather straightforward. Interviewees had to deliver a sample lesson plan that lasted anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, the panel of interviewers ask a series of question based off of you lesson. Following this, the leadership staff of the school will brief you on what the culture and climate is for the particular school and will ask how you might handle a number of hypothetical situations. It was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage classroom behaviors knowing that our school does not believe in detention or suspensions? How will you manage to control your class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

find a school and interview with the principal, that way they can request your name through HR, otherwise you will never get a phone call. Make sure you are certified otherwise you could get an offer but if you do not meet highly qualified status they will place you as a surplus.

Interview Questions

• there really arent, they just need A BODY in the classroom   Answer Question

Negotiation

there's none,, the first year they will try to keep you happy, but after that they will take advantage of your generosity

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Most schools will require a demo lesson and sample lesson plans. Some principals may require a video recording of a lesson or a portfolio of student work to demonstrate effective teaching.

After my demo lesson I was interviewed by the principal and the mentor teachers for the two different grades where positions were available.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach classroom management and how confident are you that you would be able to control a classroom.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

I met with a few different sets of principals and assistant principals at a hiring fair that was held at a high school. It was very crowded which made having long and thoughtful conversations difficult.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

I attended a job fair for prospective hires (through Baltimore City Teaching Residency and Teach for America). I set up a time to interview with my school at the job fair. We interviewed, I was asked not to accept any other offers, and they called the next business day to offer me the position.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

Submitted resume to city schools and was interviewed by school principal and department head. Principal ask questions related to experience and classroom procedures. Department head ask questions about inclusion classrooms and differentiated instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with students who refuse to follow city/school policy and refuse class room learning procedures.   Answer Question

Interview

Tour of the community from the vice principal which lasted about an hour. Followed by a formal interview with the principal. There was no sample teaching like many other schools do.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

scheduled for 1 hour, lasted about half. Interviewer was distracted by the two way radio. Essentially, interviewer was not prepared foi my arrival and had to be tracked down.

Interview Questions

• Asking me for experience in 6th grade. I taught 4th and 5th. They knew that.   Answer Question