Baltimore Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baltimore Life Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baltimore Life

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baltimore Life.

Interview

I had completed an online assessment first. It seemed to be telling me that I would be paying for things out-of-pocket quite often, but I decided to pursue anyhow. It was difficult to make an appointment for a phone interview, because apparently no one knows anyone's schedule or IF they'll even be in the office. The interviewer sounded generally unprofessional, and took a few other phone calls while I was on the line, about a total of five minutes' time. She had to pull up my resume when I mentioned it because it was not in front of her. I spoke about ten words before she told me how spectacular I am and how I just HAD to accept employment. Very suspicious. She continually spoke about how great the company is, but did not ask me questions about myself or review the type of employee I am. She would not answer what a base salary would be, nor would she answer if there even WAS a base salary. She skated around a lot of important questions. After becoming increasingly frustrated with the interview, I said I would not be accepting. She started talking very quickly and apologetically, like a used-car salesman trying to desperately hold onto the sale. It was really difficult to get off the phone after I refused to come in to sign paperwork. I don't understand why they would want an employee who doesn't want the job.
    Reading the reviews on this site from employees of Baltimore Life made me absolutely sure that I made the right decision.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was that there were no questions...   Answer Question

Unprofessional interviewer, company seems interested in getting their hands on anyone they can whether or not they fit the job.

Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Life (Charleston, WV) in August 2014.

Interview

Thorough interview and hiring process. They want to make sure the fit is right not only for the company but for the candidate as well. There was an online personality profile and background check.

Interview Questions

• If Baltimore Life had the perfect opportunity for you, what would it look like?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baltimore Life (Williamsport, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Had two interviews with a regional manager. First step was to take the standard test for all insurance jobs, most people in this field will be familiar with this type of process. He explained the company benefits and procedures very well. He also outlined possible career paths that would become available. We discussed why the company was successful and able to compete despite being on the smaller side.

Interview Questions

• He asked me my dream job which caught me off-guard in this type of scenario.   Answer Question

Location was not desirable.

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore Life (Allentown, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to the company online. The company contacted me via phone to arrange an interview. I went to the interview and it was very professional and inviting. The questions were very general, allowing room for elaboration and detail. The interview consisted of a 1:1 interview. The difficulty was average.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Life (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very long and drawn out. There are multiple interviews with several levels of sales management. Their process is similar to what most career insurance agencies do; however, their process is a disguise for selecting talented sales people when in fact management is only really interested in adding warm bodies so as to meet their recruiting numbers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particular success you experienced in a past job?   Answer Question