Bankers Conseco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Conseco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got called in for an interview. I was not aware of the position that I had applied for but it was obviously for sales once I got in. It was for a group and basically got a run down on the type of work I would do and what to expect when working here. Salary is mostly commission

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco.

Interview

Responded to newspaper ad. Company made phone follow up and scheduled an interview. First interview covered background, company purpose, pay structure and bonuses for exceeding sales targets. Discussion of motivation and sales experience/aptitude. Friendly, informative, 30-45 minutes. Second interview provided confirmation of terms/conditions and an offer of employment was made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this business?
      What motivates you? How do you deal with rejection? How much do you need to make? Where do you want to be in 5/10 years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco.

Interview

The first two rounds is a group interview.. first round is all about bankers the second is about the way you get paid.. then the third is an one on one interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Camarillo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A bunch of people (25-30) were sat in a room and made to watch a short video. The video was essentially propaganda telling the best case scenario on how much money you can make if you turned out to be one of the best sales agents the company has ever employed. You were then made to fill out a bunch of "personality tests" to see if you qualify for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any questions about the job. The interviewer just asked how quickly you would be able to begin "if your personality tests indicated that you qualified" for the position. I ended up sitting outside this office after being hired. Everyone is asked the same questions and everyone is hired. (No one fails the personality tests.)   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco in November 2014.

Interview

This was a group presentation to orient approximately 12 people to this office's staffing needs. It lasted approximately 35 minutes; at the end of the presentation, we were asked to complete a paper questionaire about our interest and availability. In general, the presenter spoke rather quickly and unenthusiastically. No clear data was presented about renumeration; it seems from what I have read to be all commission-based. I initially was interested in proceeding with the interview process and received a call to schedule an interview. I returned the call and got the secretary's voice mail. My call was not returned. At this point, I decided I did not want to pursue a commission-based position with an office that doesn't return phone calls.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco.

Interview

First, there was a Group informational session. Then, if you had continued interest, you get a follow up call from someone in the office for either the Brooklyn or Staten Island location. Thereafter, there is a one on one interview with a manager or other supervisor for the location you prefer.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position? What makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

I took another position elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. The process was divided into two; first, a introductory group interview which gave a breakdown of the company and how it work; and the second, gives attendees the opportunity to speak with a manager about their experience and what you personally are able to bring to the table as an agent. They also require you to take the state insurance test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you chose to handle it.   Answer Question

Independent Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Staten Island, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter by e-mail and scheduled an interview via www. I then had to reschedule at the last minute but it was OK. First interview was a presentation about the company, training and type of positions available. The recruiter and the local branch manager presented. They presented well and made the prospect of joining the company very exciting. They mentioned a possibility of a six figure salaries.
     Then there was a 1:1 interview. Professional attire was required. The questions were standard: one background, reason for applying for the job, skills, strongest and weekest points. Some technical questions about one's knowledge of Brooklyn (NY) and Staten Island (NY) and one's ability to drive a car.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Brooklyn and Staten Island, so that you can drive around to clients and sell insurance.   1 Answer
    • Your strongest and weakest points.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Islandia, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First 2 interviews are group interviews where they basically just tell you about the position. The show you a video for about 30 minutes explaining the company, and then give you a questionnaire after. You fill it out and hand it to the manager, if they like your responses, you're invited back for another group meeting. The 2nd group meeting is basically the same with another questionnaire at the end. If they like your answers to that, you'll get a face to face which lasts about 15 minutes. Not a real interview, they ask what you like about the company, then they tell you your training dates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, no salary, only commission.

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Conseco (Islandia, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

3 step process: #1 30 min open group presentation; #2 1 hr group presentation by invitation; #3 one-on-one with Branch Mgr

Negotiation

None. Set commission schedule