Belvedere Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Belvedere Trading

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Communications were smooth. First round was phone screen while coding on a Google Doc, final round was in-office (expenses paid for). Began with two written exams, then a couple rounds of behaviorals/technicals. The questions asked were all very interesting and fun to work on and the people there are incredibly smart/willing to help. Day concluded with a dinner with two team members which was a great way to learn more about the culture.

Interview Questions

• Building out (a watered down version of) one of the trading algorithms they use and trying to optimize it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

Applied through university. There was a technical on campus interview and a technical on site interview. The on site took one day, and there were 3 or 4 one-on-one interviews and a written coding challenge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied to job on school career website. On campus interview was a standard behavioral interview. Got back to me less than a week later with a programming assignment that I was required to complete and send it within a week (relatively simpled program dealing with shortest path and storing data, with multithreading, in C++ or C#). I got it in, and got invited to a on-site interview. The interview itself was interesting, at the beginning of the day I was given a sample problem/request from one of the traders, and was given the entire day to ask questions of the interviewers and eventually code up (on paper) a solution. There were four interviewers, and other than letting you ask questions, they also asked behavioral and some technical questions. Interview also included informal lunch with several employees and the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Design and code a system to hold stock portfolios, and have mechanisms to merge/add/delete them, among other things.   Answer Question

I don't like Chicago, and the salary offered was the lowest of all offers. However, I really liked the company and probably would've joined if they were on the west coast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with a two hour writing test over OOP design and writing code followed by a few interviews with whiteboard coding. Typical ideas based around algorithms, data structures, OOP, databases, etc.

Got better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career fair, response very quickly through email, within 1-2 weeks. Have to do online interview 3 questions, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 30 minutes. Mostly focus on string.

Interview Questions

• String, given polynomial expression in string, return the derivative of that string,time 30 minutes, language in your choice (python, c++, java).
      Example: 7*x^2 + -5*x^1 + 6*x^0, => 14*x^1 + -5*x^0 + 0   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

The interview process involved a coding test which was surprising long (2 hours total) - fairly challenging with the time limit; hard to say how difficult the review will be

Interview Questions

• They asked me to complete a series of three coding tests, each longer than the last. The first had a 10 min time limit, the next 45 min, and the last 60 min.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, sent a coding challenge online, passed it, then got sent another, and passed that one as well. After both of those, there was a phone interview, and finally a superday, where they fly you out to the company for a final interview, which lasts around 4-5 hours, ended with a dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Interview Questions

• They described a list of exchange markets, and various information about it, and asked us to code an algorithm to optimally trade a given number of stocks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an initial coding challenge, followed up by a phone interview that was primarily focused on personality but involved some data structures questions. The final "super day" was long (~5 hours) and involved one long coding assessment along with in person interviews. They treat you well. The process moved quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I received an email about potentially getting a coding challenge and I never received it. I messaged them about it and I never received a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty similar to what others had gone through. I was initially given a coding challenge and I basically had to complete it within three days. The first question was for me to code the Fibonacci sequence in 15 minutes and there were two more projects in one sitting

Interview Questions

• Code the Fibonacci sequence (formula provided) using a language of your choice I.e. Java Python C++   Answer Question