Belvedere Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Belvedere Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Starts with a coding test. Doing an independent project for 1.5 hours. Then 3 rounds of interviews with two people. Brain teasers, resume, programming and basic option questions. A little bit behavioral questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

They gave me what they called a logic test which included 20 multiple choice math questions that weren't too hard but you had to be quick. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• If you flip 4 coins what is the probability that you get exactly 3 heads?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying, they reached me back pretty fast to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was typical, talking about your experience, HR talked about the company and what they are looking.
    Interview followed up by code assignment, which was not difficult. Basically call 3rd party API and list objects. Add Search functionality as well. While my project was perfectly build in react-redux, they said that they were looking for more experienced developer. After asking to give some comments on what was wrong, I got automatic response saying the same thing. In my opinion, they were looking for simple html,css guy and not real developer.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

4 step process. First step is a phone interview with a HR rep; second is an in-depth questionnaire asking different interview questions; third step was a technical phone interview with a Lead QA analyst; final step was an in person interview, but I didn't get that far.

Interview Questions

• You have two buckets. One holds exactly five gallons and the other three gallons. How can you measure exactly four gallons of water into the five gallon bucket?
      Assume you have an unlimited supply of water and that there are no measurement markings of any kind on the buckets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (New York, NY).

Interview

They contacted me via email a week after I submitted the application then there were no further procedures. They sent me the mail saying "Thank you for your application and interest in Belvedere Trading. It is our top priority to select candidates who best match the skills and experience needed to excel in this position. While your skills and credentials are impressive, after careful consideration, we have decided not to move forward with your candidacy at this time. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

First round online interview. It was three questions that varied in length of time allowed to answer. The recruiter told me it should take an hour, but it took me about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci sequence, trading algorithm and moving through a matrix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was promptly sent an online coding assessment. The (3) questions in the assessment were not very difficult, but make sure to read them in full. I messed up 2 of them simply because I didn't read the instructions thoroughly enough. They get increasingly difficult, but even the most difficult is not terrible at all.

Interview Questions

• 1) Fib Sequence 2) Trade tracking question 3) Matrix navigation question   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Interview

The interview process was good. It was an online interview firstly and then office interview. My interviewer is pretty nice and kind. He tried to help me figure out math questions. The suggestion is that you need to prepare for some math questions before you start your interview. Good luck.

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was asked to complete a coding challenge online, which allowed you to choose which coding language you wanted to complete each problem in. I found that the problems would be much easier or harder depending on the built in functions of each language, which was unusual as other challenges I have completed have been easily completed in any language. It required specific knowledge of how to use functions such as string to int conversion, as opposed to just how to write a good algorithm for a problem.

Interview Questions

• Given a comma delineated string of numbers corresponding to trade quantities and values, calculate the moving average of all of the previous trades and output it   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Belvedere Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter early September through campus recruiting. Heard back a month later for a video call interview. The first round was about 45 minutes, part behavior, then mental math and brainteasers, then time for questions. Second round was in the office. Two written math tests focused on speed, an electronic trading game, open-outcry game, 1-1 market making game, and 1-1 behavior interview. It's a long day and would be worthwhile to practice mental math and market making (looking at bid-ask spreads) before coming to the office.

Interview Questions

• How should 50 red and 50 blue marbles be distributed between two jars so as to maximize the chance of picking a red marble? What is the decimal? (First Round)   1 Answer