KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Benefitfocus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Recruiter18%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Benefitfocus

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I had a positive experience because my recruiter Madeline Gannon kept me up to date with communication and answered all my questions from start to finish! Madeline also provided me with the benefits the company offered which was really helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background and how it aligns with the role.
    Answer Question

Benefitfocus

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

It started off inititally with a 1 hour 30 technical interview with two engineers and 30 min with the manager. It was relatively chill and easy going. How many more words do I have to spit out glassdoor?

Interview Questions
  • What are some projects you’ve worked on Leetcode easy-medium array question

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Benefitfocus

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

I was approached by the company to apply and wasn't actually looking to leave my job at the time. The interview process was chaotic and lengthy. I had multiple rounds of interviews with separate interviews with multiple people each round. They were scheduled with very short notice and often changed the times with even less notice. I was able to accommodate the interviews and the last minute schedule changes, but it was chaotic and unorganized. Every time I was told that was the last set of interviews, there was another 2-3 more I had to go through. I never actually met with the senior executives I was supporting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Benefitfocus

Application

I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

Good, although sometimes I was caught in challenging environments because that’s what happens when you have to leave a false review on this app just to unlock another year of free usage.

Benefitfocus

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

The process took a few weeks and I met with a lot of people. The recruiter was very transparent and communicated with me a lot, so I always knew where I was in the process. I was very impressed with everyone that I met.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions about my background, the job and my qualifications

Benefitfocus

Application

I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

3 step process: phone interview, L1 with team members, L2 with Hiring Manager. It was not difficult, but time consuming as they kept changing the times in the last round.

Interview Questions
  • Background experience, Behavior questions, Leadership questions, etc.

Benefitfocus

Application

I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

The interview was overall nice. The interviewer kept a friendly environment. Questions felt like they were being read off of a checklist but it still felt like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Explain one time you questioned or challenged the instructions that were given to you.

Benefitfocus

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus in Mar 2022

Interview

It was smooth.First part, Recruiter was friendly and asked me about my background. It went smooth and I was given an interview date within couple days. Second part, two rounds first round with senior engineers asked me about my background and projects I was working on and my experience that lasted about 45 minutes. Second part technical round also went good but was unable to solved the problem in time but explained how problem can be solved. Overall, it went really good. Found out the result after 2 weeks. Unfortunately, didn't get a job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the time that you had to learn new programming language or tools that would ease the process in your project? What did you do and what did you learn?

Benefitfocus

Application

I interviewed at Benefitfocus

Interview

Contacted by recruiters by email if I would be interested in the opportunity. We communicated back and forth and set up a time to meet over Zoom. After selected, directed to temp agency that manages remainder of onboarding process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC)

Interview

Applied on career site and recruiter reached out. The rest of the process was unprofessional and inconsiderate. Recruiter spent most of the time speaking to how amazing the culture is which was great, though she blatantly lied the rest of the conversation. Said she would schedule the next steps with the hiring manager, would send over in writing the interview process and who is in it, and that my salary request was in range when it wasn't. Why lie?

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to leave? What do you know about Benefit Focus?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Interviews

Benefitfocus Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Benefitfocus as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.60 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Manager and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Applications Consultant and Benefits Administrator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Benefitfocus takes an average of 22 days when considering 160 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Benefits Administrator had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Director, Employer Sales roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Benefitfocus according to 160 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.11%