Benefitfocus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Benefitfocus Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

Phone screening with HR recruiter and then in-person interview with varying levels of management. Three in one interview in a conference room with a tour of the office. Followed by offer made from company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Initial phone screen with on-site recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then on-site interview with hiring mgr + boss, then secondary interview presenting a general corporate overview. The overall process was quite efficient!

Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews both on phone and in person. Generally looking for enterprise level experience. Most activity happens out of Charlesto South Corolina. Big presence in the south east. Mo is willing to
     listen and help st management

Billing Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daniel Island, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Daniel Island, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a brief 15-20 min phone interview. Moved on to face-to-face interview with 3 different managers. They really didn't ask very hard interview questions but wanted to get a sense of how well you knew their business and if you going to be committed to the job.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy, however it did take a long time to receive an offer from the time interview was completed. I first received a call from the recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with one of the Regional Directors. Upon completion of that phone interview I was asked to come onsite for an in person interview with 2 other Regional Directors and a Customer Success Manager.

Interview Questions

• My resume and experience spoke for itself and was apparent I was qualified for the position. The main question that was asked was why I was looking to leave my current employer.   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Horrible experience, applied in November, did two phone interviews then two in person interviews. Last interview, was told I didn't have enough experience with the position I was applying for and then got interviewed for a position that wasn't even open. After that, never heard back. Wasted my time for 6 months on a position I thought I was applying for and may get then to just be ignored and never hear back from them after the last interview.

Account Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

Initially most account consultants come on as temps. I was hired through Johnson Service Group so I actually interviewed through them via Craigslist first then had a short in person interview with a few managers. It was I believe three managers it was friendly and laid back.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process itself wasn't too bad. First, you are screened by a recruiter over the phone. Then I had a second phone interview with two current employees. We mostly discussed my previous experience and they answered any specific questions I had about the role. I then had 3 in-person interviews within 1 day. I met two people in my role for 30 minutes each and then with my would-be manager. You will be expected to study up on our products and be able to speak to them and role play. You will need to be prepared: study the website, watch videos on YouTube, know what makes you a good fit for the role, be a hunter.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benefitfocus (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

When emailed about scheduling a phone interview, I responded that I could do any day of the week but asked for an early morning call. I was then scheduled for a 10am call, which I don't really consider early morning, so asked if it would be possible to do earlier, but never heard back. I then rearranged my current work schedule so I could make the 10am call.

At 10:10am the morning of the call, I still hadn't heard anything, so I emailed the woman and asked if the call was still happening. At 10:15am I got an email that she had been stuck in a meeting and asked if we could reschedule for that afternoon. Because I couldn't do that with my current work schedule I said that I could do an 8-8:30am call the next morning but instead she called at 10:20am, so we only had ~10 minutes to talk.

She restated the job position word for word (as if I hadn't read it already when applying?) and barely asked me anything about myself but said she would forward my profile on. When I asked of the location of this job position (Daniel Island? downtown Charleston?) she said she didn't know. (How, as a recruiter would you not be able to answer this basic question?) Additionally, the entire time we spoke, she was very difficult to understand and I felt as though she had no idea about the job or company at all.

I don't anticipate hearing anything back because I'm not sure anything was even done with my information, but have no interest in another phone interview given the colossal waste of time the initial one was.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a large initiative you rolled out at your company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benefitfocus in October 2016.

Interview

phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. then there was an in person interview with three other employees. they have a great culture. it is obvious that employees really like to work there.