KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and they allow you to try out different departments to see what you like best(in 107 reviews)
  • "renewed focus from leaders with deep industry experience; creating a great culture; focusing on product development with a keen focus on service(in 90 reviews)
  • "Good benefits for self and families(in 39 reviews)
  • "Encourages to work from home when absolutely necessary(in 28 reviews)
  • "If you enjoy having great coworkers by your side and can block out the corporate rah(in 25 reviews)
Cons
  • "They are not considerate and in some areas they have poor management.(in 47 reviews)
  • "No training makes it tough to feel confidence in your abilities(in 35 reviews)
  • "Some managers don't even have a degree or a certificate in IT field and have become managers just through favorism.(in 33 reviews)
  • "No work life balance(in 31 reviews)
  • "Churn in senior leadership (annually)(in 30 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Benefitfocus and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Full 180 - For the Better!

Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here for just about a year and have seen a HUGE shift for the better in my time here. Management is all new but has a ton of combined experience, and I've never worked at a company that has such a clear focus on diversity, equality and inclusion. The work is engaging and the culture has really improved.

Cons

The only downside I can see is that I'm remote and based five states away and don't get to see my coworkers as often, but that's not the company's fault!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Transform HR Benefits

Jun 23, 2022 - Director Engineering in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Market is available to disrupt many legacy systems. Some incredible co-workers.

Cons

Hard to compete with many packages with full HRIS that have improving benefits offerings. Results in challenging integrations.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

wonderful company and team

Jun 8, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

- incredible company - strong values (DEI is VERY important) - reasonable base salary - competitive commission - straightforward job with flexibility for remote work - incredible benefits - option for remote or in-person if local - company genuinely cares about you - so much support from management and colleagues - very compassionate and patient people

Cons

- lots of rejection in this role - tedious work and sometimes causes burnout - high turnover in this position (but this is at any company) - if you are not familiar to cold calling or used to it, it is a lot to learn and get used to - if you are making the calls and sending emails and following the script, very little of your success it up to you. You have no control over who picks up or if they are receptive to the information you share with them - pro & con is weekly training calls and sometimes they cause anxiety

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Jun 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people and nice environment

Cons

Departments don’t collaborate and everyone is overworked

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Come in as a senior or manager

May 23, 2022 - Staff Accountant II in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is nice.

Cons

Promotions are handed out to seniors and managers. Don’t come in as a staff and expect to get promoted up within a few years. Expect 5+ Years for promotion and terrible raises.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place

May 29, 2022 - Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, decent hours/schedules. Never boring or dull.

Cons

Terrible department leadership and horrible pay

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People

Apr 29, 2022 - Customer Success Support in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people Opportunity for learning and it’s encouraged Great benefits

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum for what we do. Unfortunately, it feels like a great company to work for to learn and build your resume with experience that you use to find a higher paying job elsewhere.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sucked

May 27, 2022 - Data Analyst in Daniel Island, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is not working there

Cons

Absolute sweatshop really nothing positive

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Do not work here

May 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The DI campus is nice. Free fountain drinks.

Cons

Constantly changing priorities. No understanding of how to integrate multiple products. The whole platform is held together with duct tape and bailing wire. Employees too scared to coach up the chain. Engineers aren’t paid well. Benefits are middle of the road despite being a benefits enrollment company. Regular layoffs. If you factor in the taxes I paid and the massive stock price drop, my RSUs are effectively worth nothing. I heard more racist and sexist comments working for that company than I have at any other company. When I reported it, nothing would ever change.

6 people found this review helpful

Benefitfocus Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to your, or our, expectations. Benefitfocus is committed to ensuring we have a safe, inclusive workforce for all associates and takes the concerns that you raised very seriously. We do not tolerate any forms of discrimination. All associates, representing all levels and categories, will be treated with fairness and respect. We have various controls in place to report any concerns or claims of wrongdoing, including reaching out to our Human Resources or contacting our Ethics Hotline.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Prospective Hires Beware

Apr 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If long-term employees and new leaders could humble themselves to be open to others' perspectives, the company could do great things. The remote work support is great, good benefits, and there are some genuinely good people.

Cons

Pay stagnant outside of COLA. Having doubled (maybe tripled, I lost count) the size of the executive leadership team in last couple years, not seeing enough growth of staff in product, engineering, operations, etc. Go in with your eyes open and ask good questions during interview. Beware the non-compete clause in employment agreement.

7 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 883 Reviews

Benefitfocus Reviews FAQs

Benefitfocus has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 967 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Benefitfocus to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Benefitfocus employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Benefitfocus. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

53% of Benefitfocus employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Benefitfocus 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Benefitfocus to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Benefitfocus Job Seekers