Benefitfocus Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 635 reviews

3.5
Benefitfocus CEO Ray August
Ray August
Pros
  • "Free coffee and fruit is just about it(in 49 reviews)

• "Flexibility to work from home when needed, but the office environment is nothing to complain about either(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Lucky to work here- 2.0 is exciting and true

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Leadership team including the CEO genuinely cares Associates thoughts, wants, and needs are respected and recognized You get recognized for hard work The CEO means it when he says to come to him with ideas and/or concerns

Cons

Processes can change quickly, however it is for the positive improvement- so really not a con

Advice to Management

Thank you for keeping associates as the most important asset to the buisness

Benefitfocus Response

May 18, 2018Human Resources

Sounds like you have taken #optin to heart and we appreciate it. We look forward to being on this journey together.

2. Great SC SaaS Company

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Greenville, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

* Great Work Life Balance (Datacenter Infrastructure) * Tons of PTO - Increases every 2 years * Awesome Teammates and Management * Annual Merit Increase * Growing Company - Rapid changes present learning opportunities with new tech for motivated individuals * 401k Match (3% if you contribute 6%) - Also some good growth funds if you don't go with the default selections * New CEO and Management revamping the product...

Cons

* Project focus sometimes does a 180 - You might be working on a project for 6 months only to find that work for nullified * Q4 Project Budgeting can feel extremely rushed if if a project doesn't get approved it can sit on the docket for years * Company becoming public changed the culture almost overnight * CEO and Founder leaving brought some pretty significant changes * High turnover in C level, VP, and Director...

Advice to Management

* Keep up the good work * API centric frameworks should be at top of mind * Apply more focus to Containerization and Microservice frameworks * More homegrown open-source solutions and Less High CapEX High OpEX turn-key solutions = Competitive Advantage * HSA integration with third party financial tools (mint/quick books) would be nice

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Charleston, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great people and passion for the best technology in ben admin

Cons

Poor opportunity to sell because implementations and customer service is poor

High Level Work for Low Pay

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good atmosphere. Cool people. Working from home every now and then is an option.

Cons

Zero training. When “training” is offered, it’s a 30 minute to one hour meeting with a shotty PowerPoint that is extremely vague if you don’t have thorough background knowledge of what’s being taught. The expectations of this job are extremely unrealistic. Your coworkers are helpful when you ask for help, but bless everyone’s heart, NO ONE has the time to stop what they’re doing to offer their expertise elsewhere. There’s...

Advice to Management

Train your employees. No one knows what’s going on and no one is ever on the same page. It’s a constant cluster and I’ve never had anxiety attacks before working here. Back to the basics. Don’t sell more than you can support. The cart can’t ever be before the buggy.

Needs improvement

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

Flexible Relaxed work environment Team involvement

Cons

Management is missing the details that are being shared. No one what to take action for what's going on. Lack of accountability from partners No internal urgency around client needs or issues No career growth in the CSM role

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees suggestions of how to solve issues and making your clients happy.

Not what I thought

Former Employee - Applications Consultant

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty fun team, team leaders care about you, fun Friday’s

Cons

I honestly felt very mislead about the job itself. I was not aware it was a call center job and felt extremely unprepared to take the phone calls. Guests on the phone were extremely aggressive and the rules we were required to state made no sense? Automatically having passwords reset so that people would have to call in order to login to their benefits??

Advice to Management

Be up front about the job description and instead of spending an entire day and a half on security training maybe focus on making sure your team knows what they’re doing.

Benefitfocus Project Manager

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, nice co-workers

Cons

Managers not well positioned to support employees

• Benefit Administrator

I worked at Benefitfocus

Pros

People were nice, opportunity for advancement if you do well.

Cons

Low pay, because this is a contract position nothing is guaranteed 90% of people get cut after 4 months but they wont tell you this is the interview.

• Great culture!

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

Excellent place to work. Great culture, nice people and interesting work.

Cons

Some may struggle with the constant change that occurs within small businesses. I don’t consider this a con, I enjoy it, however we are constantly evolving and that environment isn’t for everyone.

Great teamwork but fairly toxic environment

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

-room for advancement -decent pay/benefits -fun team -flexibility

Cons

-invisible management -no training -preferential treatment (engineers are the priority - customer facing staff not so much)

Found 635 reviews