Bertucci's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Medford, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, but also chaotic. I applied online, and 5 days later got a request for a phone call. The questions were pretty straight forward, and on the one the lady said she wanted to set up an in-person. The in-person turned out to be the next day which she emailed me about the morning of. I re-arranged my schedule and met with the Area Manager. It was a straight forward 45 minute chat where we talked about the roles of Management and he asked me some basic questions. He then proceeded to set up a "Shift Follow" for 2 days later before the interview ended. We discussed the salary of the role, and when I left the guy I interviewed with made it sound like it was just a formality.

I did the shift follow, and had a few follow up questions. I wasn't able to get a hold of the guy who interviewed me or the HR person who did my phone screen. I finally heard back at 930pm one night with an email that said "I will call you tomorrow". 3 days came and went with no phone call, so I emailed again. I got a quick response of "We are not ready to make an offer", and that was the end of the communication.

I am just baffled by how I can be rushed through the interview process, but when i wanted to ask a few follow up questions to get a better understanding of everything, everyone went MIA. I feel like companies don't respect the time of potential employees and don't feel it is necessary to communicate with them. It takes 30 seconds to respond to an email, and less than 5 minutes to have a phone call.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Manchester, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

At first, I was nervous and she could tell but she just told me to relax and we proceeded. She asked me questions about me, my education, and what I aspire to be in the future.

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. I had both host and server experience management went over typical interview questions. I got the job and was able to schedule hours I want to work!

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working? If yes why are you looking for a second job   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for bertuccis   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 area directors. 1 from the location I was applying for and 1 from a close by area. I had to drive to them but They weren't more then 45 minutes away. They asked a lot of questions and I felt very comfortable. Interviews lasted 30 minutes or so. I was given an offer over the phone by my area director after both interviews We're completed. Thought interview went great!

Interview Questions

• What experience i had   1 Answer
    • What issues I had dealt with in the past   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bertucci's.

Interview

Super easy, quick 20 to 30 minute conversation talking about past experience, skills, requirements of the job, what you bring to the table (no pun intended) and things of that nature

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Sicklerville, NJ).

Interview

Hiring was quick and easy. They don't check into references. It just seems like they hire whoever they can get. I had years of serving experience so they knew I would make a good addition.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you could make a guests time in the restaurant spectacular?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Norwood, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Three interviews with a base manager, the main manager and then the hospitality manager. You have to fill out the paper work and answer questions the first two times which is a little ridiculous

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year?
      What would you do if you accidentally spilt something?
      What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bertucci's (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Filled out general application form and then was asked questions about myself, why I wanted the job, and what hospitality means to me. It was a one on one interview. Afterwards I took the I-9 form home to complete.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bertucci's in August 2015.

Interview

They did 2 interviews, one with the regular manager and then the general manager. they basically ask you about yourself, what you do, if you go to school, anything that might interfere with your work schedule and that it is all. Didn't get the job though due to my availability.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bertucci's.

Interview

Brought me in for an interview to be a server, wanted to make me a take out person. It was a short interview process and I was given the job on spot.