Bio-Rad Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Benicia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

3.5 hour process. Met with the Director, Manager and HR. Three candidate to choose from, 1 internal 2 external. They chose the internal candidate. I had to follow up the interviewer which forwarded my e-mail off the to recruitment department, which relayed the decision to me.Five days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years.   1 Answer

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Sent my resume in, got a call back from HR about a week later. They asked me some screening questions and she said she would pass my resume along to the hiring manager. There were some basic questions about my experience, what I wanted to do, etc. Since I was entry level, it was a long shot, but I gave it a try. I didn't get a call back.

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with an HR rep, who forwarded my information to the hiring manager for the position. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager just a few hours after the initial phone interview with the HR rep. At the end of my conversation with the hiring manager, she asked if there was a possibility that I'd be able to come in for a face-to-face the next day. They were very anxious to fill the position, which I'm guessing was hard to fill due to low salary.

It sounded like a nice, low stress environment with good benefits; but the salary range discussed was significantly lower than my current salary. I decided not to pursue any further.

Interview Questions

• Why Bio-rad?   Answer Question
    • How much would you like to get paid?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 practical skills that you feel are applicable to this position?   Answer Question
    • Provide an explanation as to why you changed jobs so frequently (this question surprised me as I've been with my current employer for almost 5 years)   Answer Question

The salary range they provided for the position was $20k/yr less than what I'm currently making. Ouch.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via 3rd party recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phone screen. After that I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very conversational and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position? Have you worked with products like ours before?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

It is important that you know about company background. All questions were technical research related questions. Interviewer was very clear and the hiring manager was very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between academic and industry research?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Behavioral and over the phone, mostly gauging whether I had an interest in the biotechnology industry. It was also pretty conversational, which I guess would vary depending on which department in the business you interview for. It was directly with the manager of the division, not through HR -- which I found unique for a phone screen.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories in March 2017.

Interview

They send you a document (about 2 pages long) to fill out and send back. They specifically say in the email that the hiring manager will be in contact, but they don't respond back at all. Not even an email saying the position is filled. Poor company practice towards potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Asks if you are comfortable speaking in front of groups, what you are looking for in an internship, and also about when you are available to speak on the phone.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

Entire process took about a week . Got a phone call from Senior Scientist regarding about this position. Interviewer was friendly and asked questions mostly about what I want to do after graduating from college

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, director of procurement department, and two members in the group. People are very nice. Conversational interview so made it comfortable. Technical questions would be basic excel such as vlookup and pivot table.

Interview Questions

• How do you acquire, analyse, and summarise raw data? (With what programming languages that you'd use?)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

Applied online and then received initial phone screen with HR, lasting about 15 minutes. HR appeared to function only as the initial resume screener. Was told I would hear back about next steps, but never heard back. Was told by a friend that they only consider local candidates. Its unfortunate that a job seeker won't even get a rejection letter these days!