Bio-Rad Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2018

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA).

Interview

HR interview plus individual interviews. You give HR interview over the phone and if they like you you will be called for next round of onsite interviews. Interview will be held at Hercules, CA position.

Interview Questions

• typical HR questions plus job related questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA).

Interview

Since 2013, I have applied for several PM positions in various areas. About 90% of the time I am contacted for an interview and go through the entire process:interview with recruiter, hiring manager, then panel with participants ranging from HR to Director.
    Every single time I go through this process, I am not offered because the job goes to an internal. This is not an assumption, I am told directly by the hiring manager or recruiter.
    I currently work for a large biotechnology company in SSF double the size of Bio-Rad, I have been promoted, and in the top 5% or performance at this company. Apparently my proven track record and experience, knowledge of Bio-Rad and repeated applications are of no consequence. My impression is that the company does not want to hire externals (that might have fresh ideas or unique experiences to contribute) and that the culture is such that there is punishment for failure and does not want to invest in a little training that would be required for an external. So hiring managers play it safe and hire someone internally so they don't have to train and perceived risk is minimized.
    I would advise anyone to avoid this company. They are not even in the top 10 of their industry, hiring and interview practices are questionable, and the people putting you through the process have no qualms about wasting your time.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The main building receptionist didn’t know who I was and wasn't notified of the event. The call around to 3 or 4 people and can't find anyone.

The hiring manger was 25 minutes late.

4 consecutive 1 on 1s. No agenda.

Through the interview process I actually helped them realize their job description wasn’t identifying their actual engineering need.

No one took notes or had a process to follow.

Seemed very disorganized beginning to end, I stayed for the final hour so as not make a scene.

We mutually declined - them because my engineering specialty only matched their job description need, not their actual need. I declined because I was taken aback by the level of disorganization displayed in an interview for a position of high impact. I wont' consider this company moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Random questions each person came up with on the spot. Hopefully for the sake of the company and its existing employees not all internal groups screen like this.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA).

Interview

The hiring process included multiple rounds of interviews with key managers within the reporting org as well as those within the matrix organization you would be partnering. The process was organized, fair and timely.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online. I had two phone interviews, each with hiring managers, because I would be working in two different departments. Both were very friendly and only asked about my resume.

Mechanical Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Questions were general focusing on experience. Sent a list of questions to answer - basically essay questions about specific work experiences and exposure to processes. Not all of the questions were clear. Followed by another phone interview with the same recruiter. We discussed experiences, answers to the listed questions and salary range. I was then told the hiring manager already had two prospects he was focusing on and the job was "probably" no longer available. The recruiter indicated a couple of other jobs might be appropriate, giving me the feeling that I went through all this trouble to be another name in the recruiter's data base.

Interview Questions

• How strong is your documents, mechanical systems requirements and functions experience?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

This was my strangest interview experience ever. The first step was a phone screen, which was challenging and afterwards gave me a mixed vibe. The problem was that the job description was neither adequate in describing the actual role nor preparing me for the technical "test" question I was asked. After following up on my status a couple weeks later, I was contacted by HR which asked a couple of additional questions and told me to "sit tight" while they (supposedly) coordinated schedules of people whom I would meet in person. A couple more weeks went by with no contact. I followed up a final time to be told that the company had just extended an offer to another candidate. I felt like I was taken for a fool, which is probably just as well: having to contend with such managerial disorganization probably doesn't bode well for a healthy working environment.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Interviews with Hiring manager, Director, and HR. Onsite with same team plus VP Marketing, Another marketing People Manager, 2 R&D managers and PM Group interview. A ~30 presentation on marketing topic chosen by hiring manager given same day with 2 weeks prep time.

Interview Questions

• Detail your approach for new product and feature insights   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA).

Interview

Applied through company website. I received an invitation to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. Did the the phone interview, and a couple weeks later, I followed up on the application process. I did not hear back from HR. The recruiters here are horrible. They will not reply to your inquiry for feedback on your application. They just completely ignored my polite emails and messages asking for application feedback.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the manager asking you to drop what you're doing that day to do something that has come up and needs urgent attention?   1 Answer

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

As usual the initial phone interview was followed up by an in-person presentation and interview. I love the company and their products and wanted to do extra well on the presentation so I went overtime. However I just received a standard rejection e-mail, I am disappointed that the company did not even have the courtesy to explain why I was rejected. I had higher hopes from Bio-Rad

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to handle an irate customer. This was the most important question and they kept coming back to it   Answer Question