Black Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.5

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Box (Spokane, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone call/screen with an internal recruiter/HR female. It was a typical rundown of my resume, accomplishments, and other screening questions. About 20-25 minutes.
    We ended the call with the recruiter saying I was extremely qualified and to expect to set up a follow up call with the hiring manager (VP of Sales) within the next week. This never happened nor did I receive any additional communication after the screening call. Very odd after she talked at length about how qualified I was.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to switch jobs?   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Box in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took 8 weeks start to finish. I was contacted by a recruiter after I had applied on line. Good first interview and she indicated she was going to set up a call with the hiring manager. One week later I had a call with the hiring manager and he indicated he wanted to schedule a face to face which happened the following week. Good face to face and discussion and was told that I would be asked to present a go to market presentation to a panel of senior executives. I was told that once the presentation were complete they would move quickly. It took a good bit of time to prepare my strategy on how I would approach the position and what I wanted to accomplish in the first 90 days. I presented to the panel the following week. All feedback during the presentation was positive. The process really began to bog down at this point. I was under the impression that all presentations were going to take place the same week but due to scheduling challenges the other candidates were scheduled two weeks later. I was told that the final decision would be made following their presentations at the end of the week. A few days later after the other presentations were complete I was asked to provide professional references and was scheduled to speak to three current peers so I could ask questions and get a better feel for the company. At this point I felt I was the leading candidate. Ten days after my references were called and my conversations with peers were complete I was told that they still had a few more candidates to interview and a final decision would be made in the next few weeks. I was assured that all feedback on me was positive and they were very interested in me. A week and a half later I was told I needed to have a informal conversation with the Head of Sales. We scheduled the call for two days later and the call lasted about 20 minutes. He was in an airport getting ready to board a flight and the conversation was very cursory. He had not reviewed my resume or my go to market strategy. I was pushing for a response as I had another offer and was told 2 days later I was not going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making changes on your team.   1 Answer

Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black Box (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview, 30 minutes, liked explanation of company, position, thorough, clear next steps, ended call with strong indication that I would be getting a call back...nice note to end on! 2 hrs later, rcvd Invite to come in for interview

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 4 interviews. Each with a different person and a little higher is the management chain. Questions were about experience in legacy equipment and the state of the art equipment. Whether I had performed as a manger and as a hands on craft person. After which the position was pulled from the market and reopened with a different requirement.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were as expected. Mostly can I do the job and what makes me better than the others.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

long process with multiple web ex role plays. multiple managers and multiple situations. Very little time was spent on prior activities and accomplishments. Overall it was a great experience but very taxing to prepare for.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

Met with quite a few higher ups, a mix between friendly and trying to act superior. Not horribly difficult but there were a few questions that didn't have a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve -product x- and how would you sell it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

The interview was standard. There were many questions regarding my experience and previous roles outside the industry. It has been a while so I don't quit remember the details. But i do remember it being pretty standard, nothing crazy.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

First Telephone interview with someone working with the client. Definitely knows what the client is looking for and can be a mentor. Second interview, was in-person interview at client interview. One of the simplest interview I have ever done. Straight to the point not looking for a way to weed you out just want to know can you do the job?

Interview Questions

• How is your Excel experience and working with large data sets   Answer Question

Mid Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black Box (Remote, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Very through-6-7 interviews process. Even did a role play. Takes about 2 months to go thru process. It was a remote employee position. Director out of another site. Never got to meet face to face for the whole interviewing process. Did video interviews towards the end of the process last 2 or 3.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Box (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews with HR, leaders, etc. Started with phone screen. Two phone interviews and then 2 rounds of in face interviews. They want to make sure you can perform and understand the culture and make sure it is a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked for complex organizations.   1 Answer