Bonefish Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

It took about 5-10 minutes. It was VERY easy in my opinion, I had stressed the whole week before for no reason, I know all interviews are different but it was a piece of cake.

Angler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward, and a very short process. Was hired after only being asked a few questions. The interview was only 5 minutes long. Started training a couple of days later.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Interview

2 managers asking previous experience and describing details of jobs. Questions include what are you familiar with in the kitchen. Have you sauteed, fried or grill? what items did you grill? etc. Started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had a conflict with another employee.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Johnson City, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Very direct and focused. They know exactly who they are looking to hire and want the very best. Do not go in unprepared and look like you want nothing more than that job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Bonefish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process is like many others. There is a personality test to take which basically decides whether you can do basic math and will most likely not kill anyone while there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about teamwork?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Montgomery, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I walked in and was greeted by the host, told her I was there for an interview and she told me to sit down for the interview while she got the shift manager. He came out, shook my hand and I answered some questions he had prepared. After he was done with his questions the General Manager came and asked more questions, I received the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great member of our team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Online and in person. Interviewed with manager. Then, interviewed with proprietor. They ask about your work experience and skills. Also, how you would handle certain situations. Being a team player is what they are looking for. Everyone works together as a well oiled machine. Maturity is also important. Need to have at least 3 days availability and have to work one weekend day. Have to have min of 3 yes experience. They promote from within, too.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Boca Raton, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. First interview went well and was scheduled for a second. During my second interview, I could hardly get a word in because the manager just kept telling me about the restaurant (felt more like he was pitching the job to me). Both managers were very friendly and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Columbia, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application, in person interview with one of the managers, she asked me to come back the next day to interview with the other manager where he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, "how do you handle stress" "how do you handle working in a group" "have you worked in a restaurant before" etc.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Interview

Casual interview with the manager. Nothing too intense. I was referred by the bartender and just came in for an interview without an appointment before they were open for business.

Just be yourself. It'll become pretty clear if you've made stuff up as you work there. Experience with alcohol is probably a good thing to have but not really a must. It helps if you have experience with serving. Most people have come in with years of experience waiting tables.