Bose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took ~3 months. I had a 30 minute phone interview going over my professional experience. Didn't hear back for over a month, but was invited onsite. I prepared and gave a presentation to the team and interviewed for about 4 hours. I was asked a lot of EE fundamental questions: control theory, frequency-response of different circuits, RF stuff, DAC, voltage regulators, DSP, etc. Brush up on your EE fundamentals and you will be good to go. I received a verbal offer the day after my interview. Very happy as this I got my dream job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an IIR and FIR filter?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

Met with the manager (very nice guy) as a meet and greet, ended up having an interview on the spot. questions were retail management personality/experience based, what if's, how would you handle this, various situational scenario questions, also included an "engagement" (as he called it) situation test, taken at a nearby store of his choice in the mall, I was to engage, observe, and critique the employee. was asked to rate their performance on a scale, and then what I would do as a manager to correct them on their sales technique/Faults. actually a great test for a retail manager,

Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bose (Sparks, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

No one got back to you, that was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Honestly there weren't any.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Submitted my resume through their website. Few days later I received and email from their HR person and had a call with her. She then scheduled my phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked about my previous experience and asked some technical questions.

The second step in the process was a "code challenge". They email you a small program and ask you to 1) add a missing functionality, and 2) thoroughly document the code (originally there was no comments). They give you about 4 days to work on it. It doesn't take more than few hours to finish it though. After I emailed them my code, it too a week for HR to get back to me and tell me that they want to schedule an on-site interview. A coordinator is supposed to get in touch with me. It took a week for the coordinator to get in touch and scheduled the interview after 1 week. They seem to have a VERY slow process. The on-site interview is supposed to take about 5-6 hours. We shall see how will that go ...

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bose (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant. Interviewer was friendly and not intimidating. He was very helpful in explaining the job description and internship process. When he asked technical questions that I didn't know, he took the time to explain the concepts and what level of understanding he expected. Most of the questions were just to explain items on my resume, though. This was a phone interview, by the way.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain Inheritance as it relates to object-oriented programming?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with object-oriented programming in MatLab?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview, was interviewed by 2 engineers in testing department. The HR person was very nice, and open to setting up times. They didn't ask any technical questions, just went through my resume and interests, asking about what I had done.

Interview Questions

• Asked about coding experience in various languages, nothing particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Got a better offer from a different company

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very warm friendly interview , 1:1 s but extremely easy interview as well . Focus more on making an impression with your skills and experience . Basic 1:1 and the full team interview you . Its your job to make sure you do that well

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied, then I got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter then set up an interview with the hiring manager, after that there was a one hour coding challenge. After that it was a 4 hour interview with different people. Then there was another interview on another day to meet the director.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

Asked to do a pretty straightforward coding exercise while online with someone. Was straightforward. Was invited for an on-site interview that was then rescinded because "you do not have enough contributions to open source projects". What? Not only have I contributed to multiple projects, I am part of one as well. Shows how little they care about work/life balance, so once I heard that I knew it was a place to avoid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first round was HR person then a round with hiring manager. Pretty standard questioning. The job requirement didn't really meet the questioning. They were looking for more of vendor manager than a coder which is pretty weird as one would assume Bose is technical company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very strange visiting their HQ. The “mountain” is on a long winding circular road. I felt like I stepped back in time with the museum built into the building. I was asked to build an application prior to the interview and I guess I did well enough to visit their HQ. I was also asked to prepare and give a presentation. I do not have a laptop but sent the slides to several people but got no response and they were ill-prepared to run a presentation as the projector was not setup properly. I didn’t feel like they really cared to be interviewing anyone. However, the room was filled with half-interested employees. Only one person asked several questions at the end of the presentation. Had interviews with several groups throughout the day.

Forget taking lunch during the day as traffic is bad in the area and ingress/egress of the office takes 30 minutes. So, you are stuck eating in the cafeteria every day or you can bring your own lunch. The cafeteria was filled with a lot of older engineers, although it was nice to see some number of female employees in the building. However, most everyone appears to be married and I felt like that is who they are looking to hire. I got tripped up on one problem from a younger engineer but solved the other problems okay. I would be very hesitant to work here as there is no life whatsoever around the office area and driving to Boston is a no-go. You will be spending your life sitting in traffic. Bose products are pretty good and I use their headphones.

Interview Questions

• Asked to solve a linked list problem to determine if it repeats or something.   Answer Question