Bose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took ~3 months. I had a 30 minute phone interview going over my professional experience. Didn't hear back for over a month, but was invited onsite. I prepared and gave a presentation to the team and interviewed for about 4 hours. I was asked a lot of EE fundamental questions: control theory, frequency-response of different circuits, RF stuff, DAC, voltage regulators, DSP, etc. Brush up on your EE fundamentals and you will be good to go. I received a verbal offer the day after my interview. Very happy as this I got my dream job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an IIR and FIR filter?   1 Answer

Algorithm Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

not hiring yet, still waiting for the fellow up. The interview is a skype interview.You need to answer several DSP problems and talk a little about the working experience. The person who gives the interview is really nice! If you took DSP course and some physics course will be helpful.

Interview Questions

• how to design a fir filter, which needs to meet certain requirements?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a phone call with one of the recruiters. Loved my background and said I would be a great fit. Said the hiring manager will be calling me and nobody ever did. This recruiter went on vacation for a few weeks and promised me he would follow back up with me when he returned. Never did. I tried following up 2 times and no response. Unprofessional. Don't boost someone's ego by telling them how great they are and what a perfect fit they would be, then ghost them. At least send a quick email saying you went with someone else.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stow, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bose (Stow, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with the lead software developer of the team I interviewed for. He asked me about my experience and projects. Then I went for an on sight. I was asked some basic questions on linked list and embedded programming. Talked more about my experiences and and projects. In general had a very good experience and everyone was very nice and friendly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly easy behavioral interview, simple questions about what's your interests and discussing the program. I interviewed with 2 different people. Each were 30 minutes long. very nice and intelligent finance employees (not HR)

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what would be your ideal career...   Answer Question

Wireless Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Techincal phone interview followed by On-site Interview.
    Answered every wireless question. took hints and some time to solve analog questions which I wasn't prepared for.
    Please review your circuit theory and analog circuits basics for the on-site interview.
    Overall, even though I didn't get the offer, It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Current gain, Feedback network related problems   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

Asked to do a pretty straightforward coding exercise while online with someone. Was straightforward. Was invited for an on-site interview that was then rescinded because "you do not have enough contributions to open source projects". What? Not only have I contributed to multiple projects, I am part of one as well. Shows how little they care about work/life balance, so once I heard that I knew it was a place to avoid.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very strange visiting their HQ. The “mountain” is on a long winding circular road. I felt like I stepped back in time with the museum built into the building. I was asked to build an application prior to the interview and I guess I did well enough to visit their HQ. I was also asked to prepare and give a presentation. I do not have a laptop but sent the slides to several people but got no response and they were ill-prepared to run a presentation as the projector was not setup properly. I didn’t feel like they really cared to be interviewing anyone. However, the room was filled with half-interested employees. Only one person asked several questions at the end of the presentation. Had interviews with several groups throughout the day.

Forget taking lunch during the day as traffic is bad in the area and ingress/egress of the office takes 30 minutes. So, you are stuck eating in the cafeteria every day or you can bring your own lunch. The cafeteria was filled with a lot of older engineers, although it was nice to see some number of female employees in the building. However, most everyone appears to be married and I felt like that is who they are looking to hire. I got tripped up on one problem from a younger engineer but solved the other problems okay. I would be very hesitant to work here as there is no life whatsoever around the office area and driving to Boston is a no-go. You will be spending your life sitting in traffic. Bose products are pretty good and I use their headphones.

Interview Questions

• Asked to solve a linked list problem to determine if it repeats or something.   Answer Question

Cloud Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, MA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Norfolk, MA).

Interview

Telephonic round: The interviewer asked me about my background. If you check the job description, it expects a candidate to know everything from Scala, Hadoop, HBase, Mapreduce, Hive, Spark streaming, AWS, ETL, Databases, NoSql. I told my work experience with respect to the work I have done with Databases, ETL, AWS, Big Data, Hive, Scala, Spark, Data science and machine learning! I had a very good conversation with the interviewer talking about our experiences and with no doubt I thought I will be called for the next round as I answered all the questions he asked. Next day I was told by HR that the interviewer wants Java, Spark streaming experience. I was shocked to see the response. I seriously doubt with most of the job description these days as to they want a candidate to know all the tools lying out there as open source. But seriously wake up, that's not possible!

Interview Questions

• Difference between HBase and Cassandra, ORC and Parquet, Hive concepts, Hadoop, Database concepts like difference between RANK and ROW_NUMBER   Answer Question

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

whole process
    1. Phone screening with recruiter
    2. Phone screening with hiring manager
    3. onsite interview for 9am - 4pm.
    ( Presentation for an hour and then, 1:1 or 1:2 interviews)
    Some of interviewer didn't look at your CV before the interview.
    A lot of questions are duplicated... you should answer the same questions every time.
    All process took less than 3 weeks.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose (Aurora, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Had one on one interview with manager, was laid back and asked your usual interview questions. The assistant manager that I had my interview was super nice and helpful in answering any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to lead a group of people either at work or in a social setting?   Answer Question