Bose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bose Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Technical Lead, Embedded Automation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bose.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard.
    - Started with HR call & details
    - Quickly moved to call with the hiring mgr & his interview
    - Mgr was fairly happy with my candidature and also was ok with certain skill levels I did not have but could improve on.
    - Coding & scenario round, fairly standard, everything seemed to go alright
    - Was kept on the wait list while they went search for the "perfect candidate" (dropped out as got a different offer)

Interview Questions

• Design food order app.
      (Fairly standard qn for OO programming / design skills. Multiple answers available online. If you know OO design you can come up with a decent one, talking through the details.)
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took ~3 months. I had a 30 minute phone interview going over my professional experience. Didn't hear back for over a month, but was invited onsite. I prepared and gave a presentation to the team and interviewed for about 4 hours. I was asked a lot of EE fundamental questions: control theory, frequency-response of different circuits, RF stuff, DAC, voltage regulators, DSP, etc. Brush up on your EE fundamentals and you will be good to go. I received a verbal offer the day after my interview. Very happy as this I got my dream job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an IIR and FIR filter?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company website for careers - got an email a couple of days later. The call went very well and since I was interviewing for 3 other companies, the HR person was very helpful in scheduling a phone interview with the Hiring Manager the very next day. I was well prepared for a coding + technical deep dive so I set aside an hour or so.

Hiring Manager called as scheduled and we start discussing my current work and skill-set gradually moving into what the company is looking for. The questions very quickly went from Linux administration, where I was asked questions on tuning applications, linux internals etc., to tuning Java applications. So much so that the whole interview was based on "how" and "what" Java application I have worked on. It seemed to me is that they wrongly advertised the position as DevOps Engineer (specializing in AWS) when they actually wanted a simple "Java Application Support Engineer".

Bose is a very good company, trying to get into the IoT field and they have really good products - which was the primary reason behind my application. Didn't expect to have such a weird experience with them.

Interview Questions

• Linux admin, process check, system calls, run levels, linux third-party tools, web server etc   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bose (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After I applied to the company online I got an automated email response saying that they will continue looking for someone with skills that better match their needs. I did not get a first interview. I have experience in several of the areas that the job description required.

Interview Questions

• The email said they will continue looking for someone with skills that better match their needs.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bose (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

phone interview at first, and then technical interview via phone. After that, Onsite interview, it may last 8 hours, with different interviews, and each of them asked you questions and in general it spend one hour. They have different questions for you mainly around the skill that you describe in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Write codes to detect the duplicate letter in a string   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is pretty basic. First round was through my college/university set up as 2 interviews with two employees who have gone through the program. Basic behavioral questions, review of resume and past experiences. Really want to get to know your personality for the right fit with the company. If you move on, they invite you for an interview at the Bose Headquarters in Framingham, MA. This interview is with three senior employees, one being the rotational program manager. Same type of situation with behavioral question, stressing how you could bring value to the company and what the company can offer you. My only negative would be the way the denial email was written. Instead of your generic denial email, the recruiting manager began by saying how they believed I would be a great addition to the team, so I believed I had gotten the job. She continued on to say how they all believed I would have "brought excellence to Bose" and how without a doubt I would be a tremendous asset to the company. However, immediately after she said they decide to move forward with other candidates. Rough denial.

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Amherst, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was on campus at my university after applying through career services. Was a back to back interview with two different representatives and each was about a half hour. Both were really nice and alumni of the University

Operation Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 minutes with the concerned department head. Started off with tell me about yourself and questions were asked on the topic being discussed and about projects. Friendly conversation.

IT Technical Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bose (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through a university recruiting event and the interview process took about 2 weeks. It was fairly straightforward - The first interview was on campus and the recruiter interviews you to see if you're the right fit with the company culture. If you are selected, the second interview includes 5 employees and about 2/3 of them look for your technical experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bose (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about an hour later to schedule a interview. Was taken in the presentation room with two managers. Both managers were professional and friendly. Interview took about 45 minutes and was told they had more interviews this week and would give me a call the following week to set up another interview.