KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Bose CEO Lila Snyder
Lila Snyder

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and Good products(in 170 reviews)
  • "good benefits for full time employees(in 89 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 79 reviews)
  • "Base Company Culture is good(in 64 reviews)
  • "Great Start for the beginner at the start up pay is good compared to same industry in market.job(in 52 reviews)
Cons
  • "The hardest part of working for this specific store was the inadequate management and poor organization my managers seemed to lack.(in 68 reviews)
  • "4 leardership changes in the past 4 years and many layoffs(in 40 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management (Director up to President).(in 32 reviews)
  • "Low salaries as compared to other retailers(in 26 reviews)
  • "Account managers and senior leadership have a drink the kool aid and head in the sand approach.(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bose and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company to work for

Aug 20, 2021 - Student in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

learned a lot during my internship, everyone i met was helpful and kind and willing to go the extra mile

Cons

Was online due to the pandemic

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Be aware - Large annual reductions, Work environment variable

Apr 24, 2022 - Principal R&D Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Some good people are still around; -Some creative products are still in play; -Remains a decent short term training ground; -Okay work & life balance

Cons

When considering Bose, be aware and be sure to dig into: -Working environment, work/life balance, and value system are highly dependent on the group you are in; -In today's market, total compensation and benefits lag the industry; -DEI&B tremendously lags the industry; -Large annual reductions continue, now 6 years running ; -Many creative products could not make the needed profit, shut down; -Selling off and shutting BUs; -Long view research being binned, among others, many research engineers and scientists fired; -Brand and opportunity seems to be fading as a long term career choice

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great place, great people

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at Bose are great!

Cons

The company has been through multiple transitions in the past few years.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Salary

May 17, 2022 - Senior Engineering Manager in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are the best to work with

Cons

Leadership has difficulty executing and delivering

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 16, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and innovative tech

Cons

Lots of management and restructuring

6. 4.0

Best Company I have worked for but perspective is key

Mar 28, 2022 - Quality Engineer IV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a Cut Throat company, everyone works as a team to get to the finish line on projects or to solves issues. It does sound cliché but it does truly feel like family and I have met and have been able to grow with some of the smartest and authentic people at this company. If it wasn't for the people I would not have been here as long as I have.

Cons

Unclear company direction, strategy, and zero structure around work flow processes. But if things were a bit more structured I think the company would be even better.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sr level

May 10, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People to work with.

Cons

Going in the wrong direction.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Once Great but Lost Their Way

Jan 25, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Used to be hands down the greatest place to work. - The roots. Dr. Bose was a very insightful and innovative leader. He encouraged understanding the cusomers and not the competitor offerings. Used to be a great place to work. - Still some very smart people there.

Cons

- Unstable. Seemed to forget how to come up with great innovative products. Charter has unofficially Shifted from innovative products to "me too" product designs. - Top Heavy Management creates too much burocracy making it difficult to focus on what matters. When layoffs come around Management protects themselves and use the staff that actually does the work and understands what it involves as scapegoats. - Contract Manufacturing but "oversight" makes this model ineffective at saving cost. - What Management now views as "Oversight" is actually more aligned with micro-management which is often redundant, inefficient, and costly. - Lost connection with products and customers. Lost genuine passion for the products they create. Seem out of touch with what customers are looking for. - No clear/realistic plan for the future. What they do have are plans outside of their core competency (software) which they are reluctant to admit is a problem or correct.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

May 1, 2022 - Concept R&D Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome knowledge and resources available

Cons

Company model is built on conserving tradition and isn't optimized for the current ever changing market

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

May 19, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Longevity of colleagues limit growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,449 Reviews
</>Embed

Bose Reviews FAQs

Bose has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,714 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Bose to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bose employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bose. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

67% of Bose employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bose 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bose to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Bose Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Bose? Share Your Experiences

Bose Careers

Cover image for Bose

We're uncompromising innovators. We’re addicted to innovation. It’s what keeps us going, and why curiosity and imagination are so...More

• What We Do
  • Why We Do It
  • Reach Your Potential

Company Updates

9 days ago

Culture
We recently celebrated the start of a new fiscal year- and so we chose to celebrate in style! At our corporate headquarters in Framingham, as well as at events around the world, we paused to convene and enjoy time with friends, food, and fun. Spending an afternoon at work with free food, beverages, live music, product demonstrations and giveaways, games.... not a bad way to start the year! Thanks to all the employees who came together to make this event series great.
Shared image

81 days ago

Culture
Black History Month is an annual reminder to reflect on the impact Black people and Black culture have had on the world. This year, we celebrate Black musicians who used their art to give a glimpse into the Black experience. When speeches don’t say enough and snapshots don’t capture the full picture, music has the power to connect us as humans so we can shape our future together. As part of our internal Black History Month celebration, we were thrilled to have two music scholars — Kyle Brooks, PhD. from the Methodist Theological School in Ohio and Deborah Smith Pollard, Ph.D. from the University of Michigan-Dearborn — lead us in conversation about the important role Black protest music plays in uniting all who care about racial equity.
Shared image - Black@Bose: Music is Black History
Black@Bose: Music is Black History
dms.licdn.com

Bose Photos

+ Add Photo
Bose photo of: United Way Bose Gives
Bose photo of: SWE
Bose photo of: Ice Cream Party at HQ
Bose photo of: On the top of the mountain
Bose photo of: Marketing Team Bose Gives