Boux Avenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Boux Avenue Interview Questions

Interviews at Boux Avenue

2.7

Buyers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

One interview, easy SWOT presentation, chat with HR about where I want to be in five years
    The Swimwear and nightwear senior buyer interviewed and hired me, she was so pleasant and told me what a lovely place Boux was to work.

This was a complete Lie.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a slightly higher pay rate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional, lack of communication. I found the Area Manager very rude she made me feel very uncomfortable. Feedback I received I didn't think was relevant to me and my interview. All my experience didn't seem to matter.

Interview Questions

• Provide a business plan.
      Floor based exercise-SWOT
      Provide SWOT's for 3 competitors on the high St.
      Competency based questions. Tell me about a time when?   Answer Question

Customer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Crewe, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

i thought that the people were very professional in the process but i do think it was very easy and could have been more challenging. but nerveless cant complain. would recommend to a friend definitely

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Handed my CV in store, about a week later I got a phone call for an interview for the next day. On the day of the interview (it was very easy) I walked into the shop, told the cashier I had an interview and she got the manager straight away. Sat down in the manager’s office and was asked a series of questions (all written down prior to the interview to make it fair) about previous employment, extracurricular activities, how I’d be suited to the job and what I’d do in various situations in the job role. I was also asked questions about the company itself (so do your research!) The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I felt confident after. Got a call back 2 days later offering me the job and I started work later that week. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about Boux Avenue?   1 Answer
    • What would make you suited to this job role?   1 Answer
    • How would you sell one of our bras?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Newcastle, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I handed my application in store and then I got a phone call to attend an interview, I was told to research the company and that they would ask lots of competency based questions. There were lots of questions such as, explain about your last roles, what sets boux avenue apart from their competitors, how would you offer great customer service, how would you advise bra fitting to a customer, what makes you a good team player etc. They then explained the job, the benefits and everything you needed to know before placing you on the shop floor and seeing how you interact with customers and then do a role play to see how you would walk a customer from when they enter the store to the fitting room.
    They got back to me exactly one week later offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• what sets boux avenue apart from their competitors   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Bath, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Gave CV directly to the store. Then contacted quickly for an interview with the store manager. Nice friendly interview manner in the store. During the interview you will be set a short task to choose a product fitting a customer profile. This is to see what knowledge you have and learn about you more.

Interview Questions

• Current knowledge of the company and Theo Paphitis   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Was pretty standard. I got a phone call asking to do a telephone interview, I accepted and passed the interview process and was invited to come into store the following day.
    I entered the shop the next day and said I was here for an interview, had to wait 20 minutes and then I was asked too choose out of three scenarios and pick out items. Mine was ' pick out bras for a young teenager who has only been fitted once' I picked out t-shirt bras and bralets and the interviewer was impressed.
    After that assessment I was pulled into the back and was asked a series of questions which was relatively easy if you have experience.
    The next day I received a phone call saying I got the job! Really lovely staff and I'm excited to start.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between selling and customer service.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about boux avenue   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had too meet targets   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Originally gave my CV in around January time as there was an online recruitment for the Norwich store. Was told by the sales assistant that the manager had received and would get back to me soon.

Fast forward 3 months, in which time I assume they had ignored the CV and I got a call asking me if I was available for and interview for an 8 hour position (it was perfect at the time as I was in full time education.) I agreed to the interview which was at 10am a few days later.

I arrived early and was eventually greeted by the manager, where I was interviewed 1:1 and was asked basic interview questions, (name a time when...what do you know about the store..availability) and was then asked to do role play on the shop floor, where you would have to help out a store employee pretending to be a customer. I felt the whole process went really well, I had had previous lingerie training, knew lots about the company, was told I passed the role play very well and overall felt really hopeful. Was told they would get back to me in a few days with the result. They ended up never getting back to me which I found was really rude due to their initial contact wait period as well as how well I felt the interview went.

Has put me off shopping in the store as it made me realise they have no respect for possible employees.

Also had a really weird rule where you could wear any form of tights with your uniform (fishnet, floral, bright neon) EXCEPT the standard black tights. I was wearing black tights in the interview so maybe thats why I didnt get the job (lol.)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? (Google about information on store, types of underwear sets, store cards, bra fit service.)
      Name a time when....   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Brighton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Went into store handed in my cv. Got a call the next asking me to come in on the coming weekend for an interview.
    Went to the interview with the manager, the manager was really friendly, kept making conversation. Got told to be as positive and happy before meeting the manager as that is what they were looking for. Sat down answered personal questions about where i live, what university doni go to. Made sure i was ready for this interview so i was prepared for all sorts of possible questions.

Interview Questions

• How can i benefit the store and staff if i worked there   Answer Question
    • What do you think we could do to prevent theft in store   Answer Question
    • How would you motivate yourself to finish targets   Answer Question
    • Whats the most important thing in sales   1 Answer
    • Did you read about the stores history? Who owns it? What can you tell me about it?   1 Answer
    • What do you think set the standards of the store.   Answer Question
    • How can i benefit being apart of the team   Answer Question
    • tell me about a previous job and what you had to do there   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been put in a tough or hard situation with someone you worked with or for or a customer? If so explain   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boux Avenue.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly and very customer service focused. It was held in a very small room that was more like a cupboard but other than that it was a very normal retail interview.