Bungie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 52 of over 52 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Bungie

Application

I interviewed at Bungie

Interview

After one phone screen and two Zoom interviews, I was scheduled for a day-long loop of NINE back-to-back interviews with 12 different people with a variety of job titles…COO, Accounting Manager, HR Director, Project Manager, etc. and no explanation of how each person was connected to the role I was interviewing for. (Some were obvious, some were not.) Six days before my loop, I was given a multi-part homework assignment that was due the day before my loop. I only partially completed it because I did not have the estimated 16 hours of time needed to complete the whole thing and produce a quality product on top of my own job responsibilities and the preparation I needed for nine interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Every person/pair I interviewed with asked me different questions around a different topic.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Bungie

Application

I interviewed at Bungie

Interview

HRs on the phone are very nice and informative. I had a nice chat with them about the studio and interests. The timeframe for creating design document, and art test is also flexible depends on your schedule.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bungie (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

I was first sent a coding test and an NDA to complete within a week. Once submitted, I had about a 3-week wait for the test to be reviewed. I passed the test and I had a quick phone call with a technical recruiter, who asked a little about myself and we then set up an interview with a hiring manager. Here's where it gets a bit strange: The interview with the hiring manager was odd. It was virtual and scheduled to take about one hour long. The interviewer was in shorts and a t-shirt laying in a recliner what was probably their home. I felt uncomfortable and that this was unprofessional, especially with the time investment I put into the programming test. I was not asked any questions about the programming test, nor any questions about myself or my past experiences during this interview. I was told to solve a brain teaser type question that I cannot share due to the NDA. It was a question I had never seen before and definitely threw me off. The whole process took a long time and I felt that I didn't get the opportunity to express my interest in the position or talk about myself during the interview process. I was told that if I passed this interview there would be two more technical interviews but I didn't get that far. I'm sure Bungie has their reasons for doing the process this way, but as an applicant, it was tedious and confusing.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bungie (Denver, CO) in Jun 2021

Interview

My situation was a little weird, I received an offer for another position right after submitting the design test. I was able to work with Bungie HR to get an interview with the hiring manager for the position before I had to make a decision. Ultimately, I was not picked but I got great feedback on the piece I submitted. Bittersweet! Thank you for the opportunity Bungie.

Interview Questions
  • What was something you wish you had spent more time on during the design test? What was something you think you excelled at?

Bungie

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bungie in May 2021

Interview

Without even an interview, I was asked to complete a production test asking questions on project management behaviors, as shown in other Glassdoor reviews. I spent about 10+ hours brainstorming, doing analysis, and formatting to make sure it was perfect. Got a response back from the recruiter which basically said “thanks but no thanks” without any feedback as to why my test didn’t look good. Complete waste of time and didn’t get any closure on my end of the recruitment process after asking me to put in a huge time investment.

Interview Questions
  • Given a dysfunctional team with various details, what would you do to improve the quality of the team?
  • Given raw data about thousands of bugs, extrapolate whether the team will be able to close out all the bugs by the expected date.
  • A creative director asks you to about a specific video game concept. Discuss the production risks, design risks, and mitigation steps associated with the specific process.
2 people found this interview helpful

Bungie

Application

I interviewed at Bungie

Interview

I applied to the position and was contacted by a recruiter, who instructed me to complete a detailed Producer test. After the test was complete, I waited more than two weeks without any response from the recruiter or hiring manager, and was finally told "thanks but no thanks" without any feedback on the work I did on the Producer test.

Interview Questions
  • Given a hypothetical working scenario, explain how you as a Producer would improve productivity and communication of small strike team meetings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bungie (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Introduced with the coding problems to solve. There is no time limit, but was informed that people submit within a week. Recruiter communicates very well and keep in touch to check the progress.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot talk about the specific problems due to the agreement, but the general theme was for the essential knowledge required for gameplay implementation

Bungie

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bungie

Interview

Rather long process overall. First will have a phone screen with the recruiter, then be sent a design test/challenge with a week time limit. After finishing and completing the test successfully, will move on to a first interview that is more experience and background based along with some design questions. After that is an all day "onsite" interview (video due to covid) that will start in the morning and go all the way into the afternoon. This is split into several different hour long sessions with various topics, all of which involved design session like questions and answers and felt more conversational. While I did not receive an offer due to another candidate having more experience, the process was very valuable and worthwhile, while also being very fun. Everyone I met with was very passionate about their craft, incredibly friendly, and seemed like they enjoyed our conversations.

Interview Questions
  • NDA, but lots of design process and brainstorming sessions. Need to have a good design instinct to answer these well; lots of giving you an idea, having you come up with thoughts, then them changing the parameters around to make it
3 people found this interview helpful

Bungie

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bungie in Dec 2020

Interview

30 minute phone call with the recruiter, really a good conversation. He told me about the company and role, and cool projects Bungie is working on. He asked me to describe my background, what things I feel comfortable doing on a daily basis. I got a second interview with the hiring manager. It went pretty well, and he asked experience automating things. It’s too bad I didn’t get the offer, but overall I had a really good experience through the whole process and they were very good on following up so I wasn’t sitting around waiting with no word.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bungie

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bungie

Interview

Sent a coding test, was mostly C and C++. Following the programming, if you pass then you get another interview. I believe there's one more interview after that but I didn't get that far.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Interviews