By Light Professional IT Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Remote Java Developer, Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at By Light Professional IT Services (Charleston, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a brief interview by a recruiter before having a real interview setup with the Vice President of software development. The Interview revolved more around my education and projects I had previously worked on. We discussed technologies I've used, to what extent, and went over those that I hadn't but would be used in the project if I were to advance forward with the company. It was very relaxed, though a little hard to hear because I was on speaker-phone on their side. They were definitely seeking Go-Getters.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specifics about technologies/frameworks I've used. Be able to answer random stuff about them (what is it, why did you choose this over something else, benefits/drawbacks, testign capabilities, etc...)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at By Light Professional IT Services in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and then follow up with technical project manager. Follow up with a Security background process check with a Manager. The process was not really laid out very well.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question, Background   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Process started with a phone call interview, followed by an in person meeting. After that I was offered the job. I negotiated my salary a little higher, and then settled on the agreed number. From there I was provided a job offer and things were set.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness would be what?   1 Answer

RTLS Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at By Light Professional IT Services (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

group interview including myself and the two senior project managers, It lasted about 15 minutes and they were happy with my past experience so I got the job pretty quickly

Interview Questions

• they asked about my experiences in dealing with schedule conflicts and how I overcame them   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at By Light Professional IT Services (Annapolis Junction, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Contract turnover. Interview was more like a conversation to discuss path forward and what I can bring to the company. This is government contracting so not a great distinction in the process. I found the VP, Mark Stine, to be amiable and capable, easy to deal with and trustworthy. I would work for them again, given the chance.

Interview Questions

• Probably what skills I had, how I interacted with the work and team.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at By Light Professional IT Services (Tampa, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

I was initially contacted over the phone. The recruiter found me on clearancejobs.com and describe the position. A face to face interview was set up shortly afterwards and we verbally agreed on a start date and a base salary. The third step was receiving a generous offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. When considering an offer take it cause they pay higher than the competition.