CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Interview Questions

Interviews at CAE

2.7

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

CFI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was pretty fair. I submitted my application online then few days after an HR representative called me asking if when will be a perfect time to schedule a phone interview. after the phone interview they sent me to phoenix for an on-site interview, on-site interview was composed of a normal one on one interview and a sim session.

Interview Questions

• they asked me, what would you do if you have a foreign student that doesnt know how to drive a car and the very first machine he will operate is an airplane   2 Answers

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and was quick. They did a nice job and were very helpful . The interview was conducted in their corporate headquarters in tx. I have nothing further to say about the interview process

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review this code sample, what does it do?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

long and tedious. used a third party recruiting firm midstream in the process, which was poor in timing. met the ceo whom I was really impressed with, along with several others on the management team

Interview Questions

• how would you determine the number of gas stations in the US?   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE in May 2017.

Interview

I had the setup done via a recruiting company. I got the job interview on site. The company was located in St Laurent. The company is big and has an entrance for a different department. Unfortunately, I did not find the interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• logic gate diagram with and, or gates provided. with two different microcontroller programming language. I had to match right program with the diagram.   1 Answer
    • programming question that includes a pointers. you have to know the output of the program.   1 Answer
    • theory question: "what is inheritance"?   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Done on Skype very professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW-

Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative.

Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable.

I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer.

Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate.

Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly.

All I can recommend is double-check everything!

Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.

Instructor Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone call from personnel, followed by another phone interview with a program manager. General questions and asking my thoughts about teaching. Set up a in person interview with Program Manager and one HR person. Was again asked questions about teaching and how to interact with customers, and did a brief teaching session on a system, I did mine in live, I do believe they allow you to do it on tape. Was easy, not really any pressure at all, I was told to expect an answer withing a couple of weeks, I was offered a position the following day.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Instructor Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They are courteous and professional, worked hard to make me feel comfortable in interview. I was prepared to answer airplane system questions but was not asked any. Was prepared to teach a system but was not asked to do so. Mostly questions about my style in handling problem students that were behind the learning curve, I.E, document everything and get them help, don’t try to proceed without notifying supervisor etc. keep everyone in loop. External customer vs. internal customer standard questions. Very straightforward interview. I wore a jacket and a tie, they did not. I was early 15 mins, they were late 10 mins. Panel of four platform mgrs. plus recruiter who ran the show. Adhoc questions that jumped around asking same questions from different points of view. Recruiter mentioned that she made several hundred cold calls per month to entice po