CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.7

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE in May 2017.

Interview

I had the setup done via a recruiting company. I got the job interview on site. The company was located in St Laurent. The company is big and has an entrance for a different department. Unfortunately, I did not find the interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• logic gate diagram with and, or gates provided. with two different microcontroller programming language. I had to match right program with the diagram.   1 Answer
    • programming question that includes a pointers. you have to know the output of the program.   1 Answer
    • theory question: "what is inheritance"?   Answer Question

Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

They made us dance and sing. It was different and kind of fun. We even had a soul train line. It was meant to get you out of your shell and to see how you interacted with others.

Interview Questions

• What animal are you most like?   1 Answer

Sim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Standard HR questions and create PowerPoint presentation. Why do you want to work here, why do you want to leave your current company, when can you begin, how will you handle disgruntled clients and or colleagues, what are your best attributes, why do you think you are right for this job?

Simulator Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process I must say is very fair. Although nerve wrecking as they all are, if you know your s**t than you shouldn't have a problem. You receive a call from HR for a 1 on 1 interview with whom ever( in my case the lead techs). During the interview they ask you fairly simple things such as: what are certain components, can you use a meter(amm,volt,ohm,..etc), can you read schematics, past experiences, where was your experience acquired, why do you want to work for the company, etc... however your answers wont make a difference if you could care about the interview itself. Which will definitely determine whether you are Bs'ingor not.(Come Prepared). After you get a walk around so you get a feel for the place you know, if you seemed interested enough. Next, you wait another few days for HR to call and schedule a phone interview with the "Head Hancho"' himself. that's where you get into detail on what it is you want out of this place. My opinion is to be honest, these guys hear crap all day from all types of people. What makes you think they wont see yours coming a mile away? Genuine, Firm, Honest, Eager, Hardworking, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was no negotiation I saw a fair price I said it and received

Instructor Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone call from personnel, followed by another phone interview with a program manager. General questions and asking my thoughts about teaching. Set up a in person interview with Program Manager and one HR person. Was again asked questions about teaching and how to interact with customers, and did a brief teaching session on a system, I did mine in live, I do believe they allow you to do it on tape. Was easy, not really any pressure at all, I was told to expect an answer withing a couple of weeks, I was offered a position the following day.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW-

Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative.

Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable.

I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer.

Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate.

Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly.

All I can recommend is double-check everything!

Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

Negotiation

It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review this code sample, what does it do?   1 Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question