CAE Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CAE President, CEO, and Director Marc Parent
Marc Parent

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Dynamic, many project interestings, work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Mentoring, some training, perks, paid overtime, great coworkers (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The have no clue how to manage people since the people that go up are just YES Sayers to please upper management (in 24 reviews)

• horrible management no training no advancements unless your a fave (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great family job! Home every night."

Former Employee - Instructor Pilot in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor Pilot in Dallas, TX

I worked at CAE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard days off, home everyday, good group of guys, after your trained you are on your own and left alone

Cons

Not enough instructors, time off was difficult on short notice. (1 to 2 weeks out) Difficult to transition into other airframes due to staffing issues

Advice to Management

Respect time off of employees and make a bigger effort to let instructors go fly. Get staffing up to allow more freedom to instructors.

"Worst leadership around"

Former Employee - Anonymous in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at CAE full-time

Pros

The middle management which will one day take over, is progressive and wants the best for employees. They actually work to make people feel wanted and a part of the company, unlike the top five C-suite executives.

Cons

The SVP, COO, CEO and other top executives could care less about employees. They will smile while they fire you and it is well known! These people are engineers and not business savvy individuals. They have no ability to communicate or connect with the average worker.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your top level executives, thy are holding this company back and instilling a negative work environment.

3. "SImulator Technician 2"

I worked at CAE (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work environment with a fair amount of job security.

Cons

Pay is a little low for the area.

Advice to Management

Make allowances for worker retention

4. "lots of teaching"

I have been working at CAE full-time

Pros

good pay with opportunity for overtime

Cons

no real room or path for advancement

"Alleged discrimination of CAE in the USA"

Former Employee - Chief TKI in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Chief TKI in Dallas, TX

I worked at CAE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Until last year I would have said CAE was a good company family company to work for as a career. I was the Chief TKI for CAE branch overseas and I was treated well. My internal Workday CAE company employment evaluation were good too. Unfortunately, the program at my location was closed and I was let go and forced to return to the USA. While at CAE, my coworkers and myself felt committed wholeheartedly to the company and our clients.

Cons

The age (possibly race too) discrimination by CAE recruitment in the USA Dallas HQ. Not only had I held a mid-level Management position in CAE overseas, I also had worked previously for PARC Aviation, ( CAE has teamed up with them for recruiting under the name CAEParc ), as a contract instructor at EK in Dubai for approximately 3 years.

While still overseas, I was offered a position as a TKI, with some limited CFI duties, in Phoenix-Arizona. However, I was needed to conduct an Audit in another country, and when I returned to my base, I was advised that the Phoenix position had been eliminated, all ground training was shifted back to Europe, but I could still apply for a CFI position in Phoenix with less remuneration, relocation assistance, etc. I declined and returned to the USA with wife and children in 2016.

I am 53 years old, have applied for several positions with CAE in USA, 1 Auditor and at least 9 other management and / or instructor positions in the last 12 months. Despite meeting and exceeding the requirements of most of the positions I applied for, the CAE USA recruitment team has refused to so much as to offer me an opportunity to interview at the very least.

Advice to Management

I am not saying CAE owes me anything, however with me having been an airline pilot, even with recency of experience considerations, I find it hard to believe that CAE found me not worthy enough to interview me for even a single postiuon

With CAE, and now CAEParc recruiting, the perception of age and minority discrimination in the USA is a Glassdoor that needs to be broken.

Equal opportunity employment is the law.

CAE Response

Nov 15, 2017 – VP Global Human Resources

Thank you for your note. At CAE we have a zero tolerance for discrimination of any type and we have rigorous processes in place to investigate any allegations of discrimination. In regards to our... More

"So disorganized!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at CAE full-time

Pros

Good people, decent benefits, interesting products

Cons

Management is so disorganized! None of the business divisions talk to each other. The company is driven by numbers but has no road map in place for achieving goals. Business leaders generally have no management experience or rudimentary training.

Advice to Management

Define your goals and create a plan to achieve them. Hold your leaders responsible for their actions and their people.

7. "Good Environment to Work in."

Pros

Good Salary, Holidays, Vacation.

Cons

Work Life Balance is Not Balanced.

8. "Quality of life"

I have been working at CAE full-time

Pros

Great co workers, direct supervisor is fantastic, they all work very hard to make the customers happy.

Cons

Quality of life not very good at times due to under staffing, many days off worked and double shifts. We are given a bonus for working double shifts, which is nice, but the pay for working our day off is at least half to a third of what it should be compared to what we would be paid if we used that day off to actually fly outside.

Advice to Management

Raise pay to compete with outside flying opportunities, and to attract and retain qualified personnel. Allocate money spent on cosmetics to updating simulators, we don't need a new lobby, ours is great, but customers are getting upset with the sims being in constant disrepair.

9. "Okay company"

I worked at CAE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed what i did as service technician working on patient simulators. Helping people to help other's and help save people's lives. At times it became mediocre and somewhat monotonous but just the same.

Cons

At times could be hostile work environment. There were those that abided by the rules and others who didn't have to. Quality wasn't the greatest and I often found myself wondering what would happen when that simulator went out the back door. I stayed employed there quite a few years and at times stayed for the people working there. I found myself wanting out because of the people and the quality.

Advice to Management

Upper management is going to do what they want and what they think is best. At first I was very happy with the Canadian management and was happy we were bought out. Now I'm not sure. My advice, instead of building a newer simulator to save the company, concentrate and fix the problems at hand. Once the bad mindset has set in by customers and would be customers its hard to change.

10. "Line Service Technician"

I have been working at CAE full-time

Pros

Supervisors listen to ideas from subordinates on how to improve job effectiveness. Work is relatively easy, wages are fair. Health benefits are pretty good, the people are generally happy to work here.

Cons

The heat. It's hot in Arizona

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, remember to listen to your employees. They are the backbone to our success.