CHG Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CHG Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with someone in department and then onsite. Very nice people. Standard process and standard questions. Group setting was informal and with leaders of other teams that position works with.

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Applied online through a job searching portal. Was contacted for a informal phone interview, which then lead to an invitation to an open house event. The open house event was super casual (all of us over dressed), and a relatively pleasent experience. There were about 10 of us there for 3 openings. After two weeks I heard back and was invited for an interview on site. The interview went really well and was conducted with a senior manager of one of their groups. Before leaving I was stopped at the elevator and asked to interview with another manager. This went well (though he was much less enthusiastic as the previous). I was told I would hear back by Wednesday. I emailed to thank all the managers and HR. When Thursday rolled around I still hadn't heard so I reached out again, no response. Then finally late Friday I heard back.

Seems like it is a connection based position because the more qualified individuals (not only me) did not receive offers. They are basically looking for someone with a soft voice and good on the phone, no intelligence.

Though I must say, it did seem like everybody was having fun at work. The environment was super laid back (everyone in sweatpants essentially).

L & D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

There are a series of interviews, first with the recruiter, secondly with manager and finally with team. CHG is very thorough and selective. They ensure they find the right fit for the culture.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was phone interview with HR day 1 then in person with HR day 2 then came back interviewed on day 3 with managers in perm placement CompHealth division. Overall three day process. HR person was awesome and informed me about the company and culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was one of the worst interviewers I have ever had. He was typing my responses on his computer and did not interact much other than asking the questions. The vibe he gave off seemed like he was uninterested which I felt affected my interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Call with the recruiter, in person interview with the recruiter, then a massive 3 hour in person interview with three hiring managers.

What you need to know is they only offer 45k in salary with limited upside in year one, and ask for 80 calls a day. Not for anyone who is a mid-level senior, and you must drink the cooperate cool aid, which to some people could be a good thing. The best fit is for a person in their 20's to 30's who has not had a higher salary, otherwise, you are wasting your time. Turnover is at least 40-50% per year and CHG has 2 training classes each month. Pretty much says it all.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received an e-mail to complete a skills testing. It consisted of typing, grammar and Microsoft knowledge. Two days later I was contacted to set up an interview. A few days later I had an on-site virtual interview which lasted approximately 30 minutes. The questions were more "who are you" and less "what you've done". A week after that I was contacted to set up a second interview which lasted about 1.5 hours and meet with three leaders. Once again they wanted to know more about me. I only had one question about my education.

Interview Questions

• If you had no limitations what would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Initiates with group of individuals to be interviewed watching video about company and speaking with some members of staff. Afterwards, individuals are taken separately to answer general questions by staff.

Interview Questions

• High points in past positions that you don't think properly appreciated.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled an in person interview. There were several scheduling conflicts which I didn't know why until later.

I checked in and waited. It was 15 minutes after the interview time and I asked the receptionist who replied "I don't know". I waited another 25 minutes and the recruiter and intern finally came and said their printer was broken and couldn't get my resume. I was then interviewed in a small office and asked situational questions and what would I do if this scenario happened. The questions at the end were salary expectations, where else am I interviewing, and description of CHG's benefits and new building.

A week later I received a phone call to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A day later I was asked to push the date again because the manager was on paternity leave.

The manager called me from his personal phone while on leave, didn't have my resume and told me he wasn't prepared since he was calling from home. Most of his questions were about previous experience, work preferences, and knowledge of business intelligence tools. At the end he told me he didn't have a schedule planned and didn't the next steps and I should be asking the recruiter these questions instead of him. I was told I would hear back at the end of the week at the latest and don't contact him, contact the recruiter.

I never heard back from either the manager or recruiter even after all the interviews. CHG emails or calls you from scrambled emails or phone numbers so it is impossible to reach out for any information.

CHG routinely reminded me that they were one of the best companies to work for and one of the strongest in the nation but their recruiting process is less than average. I was routinely let down by CHG and the lack of followup is telling.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Tableau?
      What is your learning style?
      CHG's BI team is brand new and is under finance. We have not standard procedures or training and everything is ad-hoc, what previous experience do you have with teams like this?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Received phone interview 2 days after applying, which lasted about 45 mins. I was told I had the right stuff for the job and would be sent to meet the leaders in what was called an "interview day" This was new to me, I was told to be there at 2pm and could last until 6pm.

I arrived with 5 other people, I was there very early and had a chance to glance around at what seemed like a very clique like office. A lot of whispers to each other of giggles/gossip going around.

Shortly after everyone arrived and sent to a conference room we had a tour of the facility, it was very awkward as they were spewing full names of people at us and asking if we remembered the names of everyone they mentioned. That in itself I found odd to begin with, when you're there for an interview and have a lot on your mind the last thing you are going to remember is full names of numerous people you didn't even meet and are touring and listening to numerous other things.

Second guy comes in after tour ends, basically boasts about the company being on Forbes list of best places to work and rambles on about that for 15 minutes or so, didn't really add much to the process but we all asked a few questions before individually being called by random leaders one at a time for one on one interviews. Their core values were very much the focal point and I personally was very on board with them, as they were pretty basic stuff about "putting people first" but apparently it is almost cult like and are looking for a "certain" person who can fit that bill.

The leader I met with for my one on one was very unenthusiastic and seemed more concerned with what was going on outside. I had 10 copies of my resume as I was prepared to meet numerous people as I was told I'd be meeting potentially 3-5 leaders. He didn't even want a copy of mine that I had, he apparently already had a copy.

He barely made any eye contact nor cracked a smile and asked very generic questions that were already asked during the phone interview, except oddly less questions in person than I was asked on the phone. The interview itself lasted maybe 5 minutes, never even was asked anything about my history etc.. Everything answer to a question I gave in great detail but my answers were written in a form box on a paper in front of him with maybe 1 to 3 words only.. I knew being in the interview room one on one it wasn't a good vibe, as I had no opportunity to even sell myself as a candidate. I honestly felt like the choices were already made prior to our arrival that day.

All the candidates were then led back to the conference room about the same time, a few minutes later 3 of us got called out and said we'd hear back in 48 hours, meanwhile the other 2 stayed (assuming those two likely got the job). The thing is, we all had a chance to talk to each other about what we were asked and we all had basically the same questions asked, but the 2 kept behind were much younger.. As the 3 of us left we assumed they felt we didn't meet the cut as I got a call the next day saying I wasn't the ideal candidate but literally nothing changed from phone interview to in person in regards to the types of questions.

The process was very much a waste of time and I made it clear with the recruiter of that on follow up. I was very prepared and gave extremely detailed answers even using the core values the company talks about for comparison. I felt very much like they are looking for a specific looking person and age bracket more than anything.

I felt like I had no chance, and was just there to be there for their quota of interviews. The fact that I was there for a good 3 hours to have my time wasted with basically a tour and speech rather than a quality interview was just a huge disappointment. If this was a normal interview process I wouldn't deem it a waste of time, but when the person who is interviewing you shows no engagement at all it's pretty hard to do an interview fairly. Perhaps I had the wrong "leader" to interview with that day but I will never know, and of the years of doing interviews never had such a strange and uninviting experience ever.