CHG Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a group onsite interview (5 candidates). Intro to the company video followed by a team lead introduction and Q&A session and tour. The candidates are then graded on a "team building" activity (we had to build a Solo cup tower). Then the candidates have to give feedback on the things they learned about the experience and how those tie into the company's core values. You are timed and graded. This is followed by two rounds of interviews with team leads where pretty typical interview questions are asked. Culture is more important to this company than experience or education, I got absolutely none of the expected questions about national awards or annual results, no need for a brag book on this one. And no need for a traditional interview attire; I wore a suit, the other guys in the interview work chinos and oxford shirts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received critical feedback from a supervisor. How did you make improvements and what was the result.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Midvale, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The process included 3 interviews. The first was with the company's recruitment department. The next was a phone interview with the departments leads. Both phone interviews took about 30 mins. The next interview was in person. It was a two part interview. The first was with the department leads. If everything went well with that interview the next part was with fellow project managers.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Tour with 7 interviewees all done same time with silly activities supposed to be about working as group, then split up for individual interviews. I can't imagine what qualities or experience they are actually looking for...

Interview Questions

• What 3 qualities would your past employer describe you with?
      What accomplishment are you most proud of?
      Have you ever had an employer tell you to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called and emailed a time to set up a phone interview. I replied via email, and we set up a date and time. When the recruiter called, she asked what we spoke about the last time we spoke. Red flag. She asked about my past jobs and what my expectations were etc. Basic questions. Then she explained that since I didn't have any recruiting experience, that I was actually interviewing for a different position. Hmm. After reading the comments, I now thought yes, this seems like the "bait and switch" interview like others have mentioned. Another red flag. She also asked me why I wasn't working. Is that her business? Maybe. In the end, she said she'll contact me via phone or email in a few days to let me know if they would move forward with the interview process.
    So, after reading the other reviews, I put a few things together. Yes, it does seem a bit "bait and switch-ness" for the interview. Also, I'm a "seasoned" sales rep with 20yrs of experience, so there's a good change I wouldn't have survived the group interview if I had made it that far.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things can you say about yourself that I can take to the next recruiting team?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Online submission, immediate response that resume was received. No further contact so I contacted the recruiter directly. He asked a few questions and then stated that they had already filled the position and were not taking additional interviews. No additional feedback on why not just a simple no thank you.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare.

Interview

The process went very well and was not too complicated! They were flexible in making a time work for both of us and the recruiter got back to me in a timely manner.

Inside Sales Representative/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Saratoga Springs, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was great. Long but great. Followed up by a 2 1/2 hour team/manager interview process. They really want you to understand their culture. If you don't like the high detail to culture you won't fit in at CHG.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Overall, a decent experience. It did take some work to get the recruiter to respond about my application, and some extra work to finally iron-out a date and time for a call. The call was pleasant, casual. Content revolved around past experience, challenges I've overcome, types of environments I enjoy working in, how I work with teams, pretty boilerplate stuff. I will say the call was inordinately long (one hour). For a screening interview, this seems to be approaching overkill.

When compensation came up, I was firm in my requirement. However, so were they. The budgeted maximum compensation for this role was $75,000, roughly $10,000 less than the average for the local product management market, and $30,000 less than the national average. The recruiter indicated that the other folks with whom he had spoke were likewise stipulating ranges around the same as my own. He thought out loud that maybe he'd need to speak with the hiring manager to convince him to up the maximum salary to keep it competitive with the market. The recruiter asked if I was flexible, to which I said I was but not THAT flexible.

I heard back in the form of a voicemail a few days later in which the recruiter indicated the hiring manager would not budge on the salary and as such, I was no longer being considered. That's too bad. They're going to quickly find that in order to recruit top talent, they'll need to pay more competitively. I'm not sure how they're arriving at the max $75,000/year figure, but a little market research may help. If you've got several competitive candidates in your pipeline that have all indicated the budgeted salary for the role will be insufficient to maintain their interest, there's some good data right there.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with someone in department and then onsite. Very nice people. Standard process and standard questions. Group setting was informal and with leaders of other teams that position works with.

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Applied online through a job searching portal. Was contacted for a informal phone interview, which then lead to an invitation to an open house event. The open house event was super casual (all of us over dressed), and a relatively pleasent experience. There were about 10 of us there for 3 openings. After two weeks I heard back and was invited for an interview on site. The interview went really well and was conducted with a senior manager of one of their groups. Before leaving I was stopped at the elevator and asked to interview with another manager. This went well (though he was much less enthusiastic as the previous). I was told I would hear back by Wednesday. I emailed to thank all the managers and HR. When Thursday rolled around I still hadn't heard so I reached out again, no response. Then finally late Friday I heard back.

Seems like it is a connection based position because the more qualified individuals (not only me) did not receive offers. They are basically looking for someone with a soft voice and good on the phone, no intelligence.

Though I must say, it did seem like everybody was having fun at work. The environment was super laid back (everyone in sweatpants essentially).