CIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY).

Interview

Unprofessional,unfriendly and arrogant HR recruiter who will make you feel uncomfortable. However, the hiring team was great and the interview sessions were very informative and interesting. I hope the bank should improve on the hiring process.

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

UNPROFESSIONAL

An internal recruiter from CIT found my resume from another site and called me to ask whether I was interested in joining. She had me interview with the Chief Model Risk Officer and his staff. First the screening call which went very well. A week later I went to interview in person. He asked me when I was ready to join them, to which I responded "two weeks". He then told me that he wants to hire me but I will have to wait until April (interview took place in November). I could not understand why he was looking for a replacement for a role that would open up half year later (but chose not say anything). I could not understand why he even had to say something like that to me. A few weeks later I learned that he was not interested. In hindsight I understood that I was dealing with a very unprofessional individual. Even worse, the recruiter who had explicitly told me that even if this position did not work out she had many more for me, never ever responded to me when I told her I was interested in other opportunities. There is more.. two years later I got a call from another internal recruiter telling me she has some positions and she wanted me to speak with the hiring manager. The guy was supposed to call me two days later, which he did. I pick up the phone and he tells me he is very busy and that he would call me back in a week(!..!) A week later he called me and asked me immediately an irrelevant question about pricing a product. It only took 2 minutes into the call and he tells me he will email me some links to read and we would discuss later. I never ever hard from him again.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

Met with 3 Managers / VPs. Asked about my experiences and how they would relate to the current opening. They all said I would be a good fit but never got an offer.

Interview Questions

• How have your past experiences prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Unethical Business Practices

Met the entire team during the first interview and received an email offer about a week later. I was told to wait a day or so for salary to be approved with HR. After a couple of follow ups with promises of a response, the job was given to another employee who was a rehire.

I have never seen such unethical business behavior in my 30 year history in the corporate world.

Cash Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

This was a standard interview. HR contacts you to setup an interview. You interview with the hiring manager and an upper manager within he department. HR contacts you with an offer, then you receive an offer letter via mail.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was referred through a friend for the interview process. Themanager reached out to me after a few days and we set up an interview for the next week. I had 4 separate 30-minute interviews on the day I went to the office, and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Field Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Interview started with human resources after a brief phone interview. I then met face to face with the HR person and proceeded to meet with the Manager of the Field Examiners. Later I met with a more senior Field Examiner as well and finally with a Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tells me about yourself? Describe a typical day at your current firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

I got an onsite interview after submitting my resume through a campus career fair. There are five rounds of back-to-back interviews. Many questions focus on the resume and previous experience.

Premier Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within two days, interviewed the next day. One of the interviewers came out and took me back into a conference room where the other interviewer was waiting. They seemed a little unprepared, they were back and forth trying to "remember what they were going to ask me" . At the end of the interview I was told I would for sure hear one way or the other from my recruiter within a week. Two weeks passed, so I emailed and called the recruiter which she never called me back or responded to the email.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle irate callers?
      How do you deal with a difficult co worker?
      How are your excel skills?
      Can you work evenings and weekends? (especially during end of month it is a requirement to work late and weekends both)
      Tell me why I should hire you over the other candidates.
      If you ran every aspect of a business, tell me how the day would go/transpire from the time you come in until the time you leave.
      Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIT (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Meet with HR team and Legal Counsel for 2 hours. Then meet with the accounting team and then a decisions made. All interviews were with at least 2 members of the focus group. As the role was fairly senior, most groups were involved from HR, Finance, Legal and the business.