CIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY).

Interview

Selected for on-campus interview. Two-back-to-back interviews. Guys did not know how to keep a conversation going, super awkward. Got selected for an onsite interview. I could not attend it because I would be on east coast so they told me to come to their New Jersey office on the same day or I would be disqualified. Two more interviews with very mediocre individuals. Not prepared at all. Asked some really stupid questions like "who would you want to eat lunch with and why?". I killed it and then got a follow up email from recruiter asking me to fill out a ton of different forms. I really did not understand why I needed to do this after going 6 hours out of my way for the interview. Ended up getting rejected. They didn't offer to compensate anything until I literally explained I had paid 200$ getting to their NJ office. Still have not been compensated. Really unprofessional. Also, the head quarters is super run down. Individuals were very average.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a 2 interviews total. Both of them were in person. The first one was very laid back and just an information gathering process. The second was fairly odd. It was strange because almost no questions were asked of me the entire time. It was mostly the interviewer rambling on about the role. I think I only answered two questions the entire hour and a half that I was being interviewed. Everyone had a very weathered look about them so it was probably a good thing I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the company?
      Why are you interested in the mortgage business?
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

The interview is purely behavioral. Go through my resume. Ask me about my programming experience, the language I used for web programming, can I use SQL, why am I interested in their company, my favorite project.

Interview Questions

• Programming experience, why am I interested in the company, talk about a project.   Answer Question

FDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back interview, just go over your resume, talk about your experience and what are you interested in. Very behavioral interview and see if you will fit the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Interviewed with five people, all in treasury, some senior staff and some associate staff. Three of those people were on the team i would be on while the other two were on different staffs within treasury

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were on a project, how do you handle working with difficult people, what systems I was familiar with, background summary, tell me about your weaknesses   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Got the interview through a high school alum who works in the company. They reached out to me via e-mail to set up an interview in their office. HR was great to work with an very accommodating to busy schedules which is great for college students!

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years and how can an internship here help you along the way?   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview which was very relaxed and conversational. For the most part they focused on my resume and why I was interested in the company. They also spent a good deal of time talking about the company and seeing if I would be a good fit. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Collectuons Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted first by the HR recruiter, who was very nice and professional. What she left out however, was that during the in-person interview, Inwould be speaking with two managers from two different departments.

The in-person interview felt more like an interrogation than anything. Was lectured on how I had worded my resume, and also had a couple of "illegal" questions asked in regards to a gap in employment. But that wasn't such a if deal to me, it just made for a very uncomfortable experience. I pretty much walked out knowing I had not been selected, and even though they told me Inwould know with a week, it took seven days, and I just received a generic rejection letter from the recruiter.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

I completed an online application. Then, I had one phone interview with the hiring manager of my location. I received an offer a few weeks later. I was fairly surprised that I didn't need a second round interview. The offer came fairly quick after the phone interview. The questions weren't too hard. They were mostly personality questions or questions about experience/education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you displayed leadership in a group setting   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIT (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process was really fast. I was notified that I had the job with in one week from the time I filled out my application. I filled out the application and was contacted for a interview two days later. My recruiter went with me to the interview and by the time I left I had a phone call saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were ok. They wanted to know what experience if any that I had with mortgages. She also wanted to know if I had any customer service skills because they were needing people in the call center. I dont like taking calls and informed them of that and she said she understood. I think the fact that I had previous experiance is what really got me the job.   Answer Question