CIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.6

FDP Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Go to a target school for the FDP program. Met with CIT at our career fair, was invited for first round on-campus, and second round at CIT. Interviewers were varied in seniority and division. Very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Had two interviews with two different people on college campus. Then I had two interviews at CIT's Jacksonville location using something similar to skype with employees in the New Jersey location.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a prepaid asset?   1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of 30 minute interviews, the interviewers were pleasant and friendly. Two of the interviewers had been through the summer internship program themselves before going for the second year position, which was helpful since they were had real experience with it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received pushback when working with a team, and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What does "team" mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you had to persuade your group to do something they weren't interested in doing?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIT (Pasadena, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got to know CIT in a career fair, and they took my resume. After that, a person from HR emailed me for 5 interviews back to back. Each is 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions: What is the amount of time to make all ants fall off from a ruler of 10cm if every one of them moves 1cm/s? (excluding time)   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY).

Interview

Unprofessional,unfriendly and arrogant HR recruiter who will make you feel uncomfortable. However, the hiring team was great and the interview sessions were very informative and interesting. I hope the bank should improve on the hiring process.

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

UNPROFESSIONAL

An internal recruiter from CIT found my resume from another site and called me to ask whether I was interested in joining. She had me interview with the Chief Model Risk Officer and his staff. First the screening call which went very well. A week later I went to interview in person. He asked me when I was ready to join them, to which I responded "two weeks". He then told me that he wants to hire me but I will have to wait until April (interview took place in November). I could not understand why he was looking for a replacement for a role that would open up half year later (but chose not say anything). I could not understand why he even had to say something like that to me. A few weeks later I learned that he was not interested. In hindsight I understood that I was dealing with a very unprofessional individual. Even worse, the recruiter who had explicitly told me that even if this position did not work out she had many more for me, never ever responded to me when I told her I was interested in other opportunities. There is more.. two years later I got a call from another internal recruiter telling me she has some positions and she wanted me to speak with the hiring manager. The guy was supposed to call me two days later, which he did. I pick up the phone and he tells me he is very busy and that he would call me back in a week(!..!) A week later he called me and asked me immediately an irrelevant question about pricing a product. It only took 2 minutes into the call and he tells me he will email me some links to read and we would discuss later. I never ever hard from him again.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

Met with 3 Managers / VPs. Asked about my experiences and how they would relate to the current opening. They all said I would be a good fit but never got an offer.

Interview Questions

• How have your past experiences prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Unethical Business Practices

Met the entire team during the first interview and received an email offer about a week later. I was told to wait a day or so for salary to be approved with HR. After a couple of follow ups with promises of a response, the job was given to another employee who was a rehire.

I have never seen such unethical business behavior in my 30 year history in the corporate world.

Cash Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

This was a standard interview. HR contacts you to setup an interview. You interview with the hiring manager and an upper manager within he department. HR contacts you with an offer, then you receive an offer letter via mail.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was referred through a friend for the interview process. Themanager reached out to me after a few days and we set up an interview for the next week. I had 4 separate 30-minute interviews on the day I went to the office, and the questions were mostly behavioral.