CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions

Interviews at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The experience was fairly enjoyable. I considered it more of a mock interview that prepared me for other companies because they were interviewing for a position that opened up in eight months. I was contacted from recruiter after a job fair. It primarily consisted of behavior and technical questions at the same time. Overall easy interview and enjoyable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Basic object oriented questions. Asked to write an algorithm then to black box test in five different ways.
      What is the diff between class and object? Explain polymorphism , inheritance , and encapsulation. How would you reverse a string?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview

Interview process took a week. Some programming questions and inter-personal questions related to the position. The architect who interviewed me was really intelligent and knowledgeable himself about what kind of work environment I will be joining. He seemed to know a whole lot about the company which helped me put things in perspective for me. 2 Interviews (1 phone screen by recruiter and 1 on-site interview by the technical architect). I was sent an offer in the next 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in the next 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was new to the market in Birmingham I did not negotiate as well as I should have.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I met CTS reps at my college's career fair, and gave them my resume. While I don't think my resume was anything special, I was one of the few people with fluency in C# at my university as I was a transfer student. I think this was one reason why CTS contacted me later to make sure I was signed up for on-campus interviews.
    On-campus interview was short, around 30 minutes, possibly just to screen me for basic communication skills and make sure that I wasn't completely incompetent. I'd discussed the interview process with an employee beforehand, since CTS has done contracting work (with rave reviews) for a couple other organizations I'm connected with.
    I was offered an "on-site" interview for CTS' Charlotte office a couple weeks later, though I traveled to Atlanta to perform it. The interviewers were extremely courteous, had interesting/useful questions, and seemed thorough in their angle of attack. There were some language specific questions, along with FizzBuzz and more interpersonal questions. Like most interviewees I was a bit anxious about how I did, but I ended up getting an offer after a couple weeks. My graduation date changed, so this acceptance isn't 100% anymore, but my fingers are tightly crossed that the offer remains open later on.

Interview Questions

• CTS deals primarily in web development and database solutions, neither of which I'm particularly familiar with. Expect to answer questions about HTML, SQL, and the like. My advice? Admit if you're ignorant. Learning a language is easy, trying to BS your way through an involved answer with a chief architect is a terrible idea.   Answer Question

Negotiation

CTS has what I would consider a pretty generous initial offer. I got the vibe that they reward hard work and competence after you're hired, so I didn't feel pressured to ask for more in terms of compensation or benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Mobile, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening interview with HR personnel, very professional but friendly. After this I was asked to take a test with 2 technical questions and 1 about how I could contribute to the company. After this I was asked to interview on site with the senior architect and the HR representative that screened me. Because I had been out of the field for almost 2 years, I was asked to do a project over 2 weeks and present it to the same architect that interviewed me. After this, I was offered a position at the company.

Interview Questions

• On the online test, I was asked to write a complex SQL query and was able to test it. There was a 1 hour time limit.   Answer Question
    • On the online test, I was asked to create a function that would do a calculation on a set of numbers. I was able to use a language of my choice and it had to pass a series of automated tests. There was a 1 hour time limit.   1 Answer
    • There were many questions during the interview about MVC, programming in general, database design and architecture, and software best practices. If I did not know the answer, the interviewer would actually explain it to me on the spot to see how quickly I could pick up on new information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I first encountered CTS through Campus Recruiting which was a basic screen. That was followed by a Skype interview with two people. They went back and forth between technical and behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were all based on my prior experience and resume. The Technical questions were related to Java. That was followed by an onsite interview. Which was separated again with Technical and Behavioral.

Interview Questions

• A lot of Java related questions. Medium difficulty. Asked to build a small program in 10 mins for onsite interview. Otherwise inheritance, arraylists, etc.   Answer Question

The initial offer was great and they sugarcoated their offer, but when you look into it their isn't much there. 401k contribution, not match, etc. They don't have the ability to negotiate much at all.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in January 2015.

Interview

Thorough, but long. The first interview was a phone screen with one of the recruiters, and then I came on-site and met with the director and the architect. The recruiter was very knowledgeable and made my experience seamless. The questions that were asked weren't your everyday "tell me about a time when..." questions. They asked questions pertinent to my education and skill sets.

Interview Questions

• How important is culture to you in selecting a new company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview then set up a face to face interview. However, it was a panel interview with a groups of four in the technical interview all answering questions together.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I met the recruiter via my University. After a Skype interview with the recruiter and an analyst, I was passed on to a group interview with several other potential interns. At this interview, a senior consultant, the office director, and the recruiter told us all a bit about the company and asked a variety of personal and technical questions that ranged from writing a program to computer the Fibonacci sequence to describing MVC to talking about how the Internet works.

After the interview, I was made an offer to intern for the summer. It has been a wonderful experience overall, and I highly suggest this company.

Interview Questions

• The interview was several months ago, and I do not remember many specific questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

1. 30 Minute call about me and the position
    2. 30 Minute technical background interview
    3. On-site interview (1 hr technical background, 1hr me as a programmer)
    Took about 3 weeks. I liked everyone I met during the process. Looks like a very good company to grow in.

Interview Questions

• Questions w/ 2. in front denote the 30 minute technical interview. 3. denotes the On-site.
      2. Brain teaser question. I won't give the exact one but it's a similar thought process to the fox, chicken, and grain riddle. Know object oriented programming principles (inheritance, polymorphism). Run-time error vs compile-time error.
      3. (technical background) Why do you wanna work here? What got you into programming? Why do you like programming? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10+ years? What do you like about CTS? Name a time in programming where you were challenged and tell us how you overcame this challenge. Basically know your resume inside and out and be ready to answer questions about it. Also be able to show that you REALLY want to work for CTS following the internship.
      (me as a programmer) White-board question involving string manipulation (study those). It was one of the most common ones. Be able to optimize it. What is your favorite language? Why? I see you have experience with these 2 languages. Compare them. Why is this language a better language for this technology?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview

I met the recruiter through a career fair. After giving them my resume and applying online I was contacted about two weeks later for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty easy as it was mostly behavioral with a couple technical trivia questions and a simple brain teaser. The only thing that was a little off the wall was that the on campus interview was with both the recruiter and a developer.

Roughly a week or two after the on campus interview, I was contacted about interviewing on site. The onsite interview was a group interview which was a little strange in that you interviewed with two other candidates. I didn't really like this since I found that candidates would play off each other for answers and communication during the technical part compromised the assessment of candidate's technical ability.

The technical question itself was also a little off since they only asked for pseudocode which most companies don't do. After the technical section they provided lunch and presented why we should want to work for them.

Interview Questions

I don't think CTS is an "A" grade company; going on site it didn't give off the vibe that really smart people were working there to do cool things, just that they were an above average regional IT shop that provides custom solutions. Furthermore, the financial package they offered was below industry standards for an internship position and also did not include housing; on top of that the internship was only 8 weeks and I wanted to make more money than that. The skills they wanted me to have versus what they were willing to pay were not in line and I had better offers.