CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. The first interview was on the phone with HR to see if I was interested. The second interview was on the phone with a developer. This interview was a technical interview. The third interview was in-person and involved more hands-on technical questions. I was asked to write on the white board. Both Java-based and C questions. I don't know C though, so I struggled with those questions. Make sure you know data structures for the technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between interfaces and abstract classes?   Answer Question
    • White board question: Code to check if a word is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through my university's career site. The first phone interview was behavioral, the second phone interview was technical and the last interview was an on site interview that was mostly technical with some behavioral. Overall, the process went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an object and a class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview with recruiter, follow up phone interview with a junior employee wish a few logic/tech questions, in-person interview with tech/personality questions.

Interview was very late in the day, and I didn't interview with all of the people I was originally scheduled to meet with. Went well, but it felt like a slightly awkward fit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview then set up a face to face interview. However, it was a panel interview with a groups of four in the technical interview all answering questions together.

Sharepoint Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. I got a call from the recruiter who asked me few questions on my career background, then got a phone screening with the Application Development Manager which was fully technical questions. Then called in for a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone by an HR person first and was surprised by how much the interviewer actually knew about the field since she wasn't a software developer. Once that interview was over I was contacted about setting up a technical interview with a lead developer which was pretty thorough and asked about programming concepts.

Internal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Standard interview process with initial phone screen. I was then called back to schedule a in person interview. During the onsite interview, I met with three different individuals. The onsite interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem utilizing your skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

1. 30 Minute call about me and the position
    2. 30 Minute technical background interview
    3. On-site interview (1 hr technical background, 1hr me as a programmer)
    Took about 3 weeks. I liked everyone I met during the process. Looks like a very good company to grow in.

Interview Questions

• Questions w/ 2. in front denote the 30 minute technical interview. 3. denotes the On-site.
      2. Brain teaser question. I won't give the exact one but it's a similar thought process to the fox, chicken, and grain riddle. Know object oriented programming principles (inheritance, polymorphism). Run-time error vs compile-time error.
      3. (technical background) Why do you wanna work here? What got you into programming? Why do you like programming? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10+ years? What do you like about CTS? Name a time in programming where you were challenged and tell us how you overcame this challenge. Basically know your resume inside and out and be ready to answer questions about it. Also be able to show that you REALLY want to work for CTS following the internship.
      (me as a programmer) White-board question involving string manipulation (study those). It was one of the most common ones. Be able to optimize it. What is your favorite language? Why? I see you have experience with these 2 languages. Compare them. Why is this language a better language for this technology?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I first met a recruiter at my university's job fair.
    I received an on campus interview and was given an onsite interview.
    The on campus interview was very comfortable, I met with the recruiter I talked with at the career fair and an IT Consultant. They asked me some questions and then gave me the opportunity to ask them some questions.
    Afterwards they offered me a position.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Mobile, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening interview with HR personnel, very professional but friendly. After this I was asked to take a test with 2 technical questions and 1 about how I could contribute to the company. After this I was asked to interview on site with the senior architect and the HR representative that screened me. Because I had been out of the field for almost 2 years, I was asked to do a project over 2 weeks and present it to the same architect that interviewed me. After this, I was offered a position at the company.

Interview Questions

• On the online test, I was asked to write a complex SQL query and was able to test it. There was a 1 hour time limit.   Answer Question
    • On the online test, I was asked to create a function that would do a calculation on a set of numbers. I was able to use a language of my choice and it had to pass a series of automated tests. There was a 1 hour time limit.   1 Answer
    • There were many questions during the interview about MVC, programming in general, database design and architecture, and software best practices. If I did not know the answer, the interviewer would actually explain it to me on the spot to see how quickly I could pick up on new information.   1 Answer