CalAmp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CalAmp (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

ASIC Circuits designed, Table M modification on VTab branch of boot up mode. Digital and Analog integration theory apply requirement, C/C++ questions SW coding and skill set programming is required.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CalAmp (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very efficient and professional. I really enjoyed speaking with the various team members and learning more about the company and the role. Everyone I interviewed with was honest, transparent and genuine. Company culture is very important to me, and you're able to get a good sense of the company through its leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my past experiences to ensure I'm a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Tustin, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CalAmp (North Tustin, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very disorganized and unprofessional. Interviews got rescheduled multiple times. Interview started late.
    After the interview the re recruiter did not get back with an update for a week. I'd advise candidates not to waste their time with the company that's so unprofessional.

Junior engineer was part of interview panel not able to right level of assessment. The interviewers were unable to provide clarity on role and disconnected on what the role was supposed to do.

Got another offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalAmp.

Interview

1-1 Phone interview,Location 1-1 Interview then Group Panel interview. The HR got my resume online on Monster,gave me call on a Thursday. Met My previous manager following Tuesday, then my previous boss's boss that Friday. Got an Offer the next Monday evening,so it was approximately 1.5 weeks from first call to signing the paper work.

Database Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalAmp (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with my direct manager who asked general questions about my previous experience as expected. The he focused on how I would handle the issues they were facing. I described my solutions and he questioned them further, so I gave more detail. This went well. I met with other managers in the same vein.

The final stage was a group interview with 5 people on the panel. It was quite easy on the tech questions. 3 of the staff were new, so unsure of themselves. Which is why the tech tests were easy.
    There were just various O/S, database questions about postgres and mongodb. Nothing too strenuous or taxing. No whiteboard. Sometimes if a company needs someone badly the tests are easier, that seemed to be the case here.

FAE Interview

Interview

Got my phone interview last week. It went very smooth. Only took like 20 min. Standard questions no trick it ones. Pretty much straight forward. Now they sent me a test do for next day. Doing the test right now.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CalAmp (Oxnard, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

HR Recruiter from CalAmp called and spoke with me for a half hour regarding my employment background and then requested me to submit my resume. Two weeks later I had a face to face interview with HR Recruiter and face to interview with my supervisor. The whole process lasted an hour and a half. Three days later I was offered the position and I received an offer letter that was sent via over night mail.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CalAmp (Auckland (New Zealand)) in May 2016.

Interview

Technical interview is not long but enough. There is a paper for all the questions but seems not professional because interviewer is not much good at the domain. Also there is more concern about whether the experience is matched to the position.

Interview Questions

• Experience about my previous work   1 Answer