Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a first-round over the phone that lasted roughly 30 min. Mostly fit and questions regarding interest in investing. Overall easy going and pleasant. Was offered a final round for the SF office and they flew me there to interview. Final round was also very easy going and mostly fit based, but one of the three interviews was case based.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended two information sessions on my campus; they were held by a group of on-campus representatives including alumni. I applied through my university employer-connection website and was contacted for an interview within a 10-day time frame. The interview was in my campus career center and was conducted by a single FTE who I had met during the info sessions. All behavioral questions, except for some general industry knowledge questions (e.g. Tell me about a recent macroeconomic trend).

Overall average experience - the interviewer was cordial, and though my background is not in finance, she gave me space to speak about why I wanted to be at CA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. On Campus interview at target 1:1 with an Investment Manager from the Boston Office
         -mostly behavioral and resume based
         -some questions on what CA does and their role in the industry
         -Easy going and friendly

2. Flown out for a super day interview in Boston a week later
        -3 interviews with Investment Associates
        -1 case based on asset class opportunities and choosing a portfolio manager
        -1 model email to your "team"
        -1 coffee chat
        -know basic investment topics (Sharpe ratio, diversification, etc.)
        -overall super friendly interviewers. know your stuff and prepare for case.

Interview Questions

• most difficult decision ever made?
      What does CA do?
      Why CA/ Boston/ investments?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N?A

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2017.

Interview

I got the interview via campus recruiting and met with recruiters and went to info sessions. Then I had an on-campus interview a week after I submitted the online application.

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Round 1: Had an on-campus interview
                     - It was very relaxed
                     - Mostly behavioral questions
                     - 1 on 1 interview with a current Investment Associate

Round 2: Was invited to their office in Washington D.C.
                     - 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 interviews with current employees
                     - 3 cycles of interviews for 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cambridge Associates?
      What does Cambridge Associates do?
      Why are your interested in the position?
      Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process
    Round one) phone interview
    Round two) group discussion, presentation, two round of 30 min interviews
    Round three) 1hr case study, presentation, two rounds of 30 min interviews
    Round four) 1hr interview

Interview Questions

• If you had a million ping pong balls what would you do   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Had an interview with the on-campus recruiter, then was invited to apply at the Arlington office. Process at Arlington consisted of back-to-back interviews. The questions were about me as a person and how I would react to different things.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started off with an in-person campus interview. That was 30 minutes and enjoyable. Then flown to Boston office for 4 30minute interviews and a brief lunch afterwards with another IA. 2 case interviews, 2 personal interviews. Very positive experience, great company and nice people.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 30 minutes. During the phone interview, you ran through your resume in order for you to expanded on certifications and experience. Overall the experience was very pleasant and the interviewer did well keeping the conservation going. Still waiting to get a response to their super day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a problem in an office environment.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question