Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

30 Behavioral Phone Call
    Asks a lot about your previous work history or internship history, as well as questions relating to your ability to work in teams. They are looking for people who are team players and get work done efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What about investments inspires or excites you?   1 Answer

Summer Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process began with a 20-30 minute phone screening with someone from HR. It was all resume based or standard behavioral questions. It was about 6-7 questions and then time for me to ask questions.

After the phone screening I was brought into the office about 3 weeks later for a super day which consisted of 3 interviews followed by a coffee chat. The schedule/content was as follows:

1.) Resume-based: questions about my experience, why/how I chose to attend my college, what extracurricular activities I am involved with, and how I manage time, etc.

2.) Behavioral/Why CA: typical behavioral questions about how I handle situations, tough decisions I have made, times I have struggles, why I want to work at CA, what CA does, etc.

3.) Investment Case Interview: presented a case regarding adding a new asset class to an existing client portfolio. The case was to establish information about the existing portfolio and assess the current asset allocation and decide if the new asset class should be added. If so, what percentage of the portfolio and where the money should come from. Concluded with a 2 minute presentation of the finding to the "client."

4.) Coffee: an associate takes you out to coffee for a very low stress conversation about CA and a time to ask any questions you have.

Global Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with 3-4 people each time for about 4 different rounds. Each person I met with was within the department however held different positions. Some interviews were a lot more professional than others and the order of who I was meeting with did not make sense based on seniority. For example I met with the head of the team before meeting with other team members. During one of my interviews, the interviewer was completely inappropriate and asked irrelevant questions (i.e. where family members work) as well as sat on his/her cellphone responding to text messages.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this position and how would you measure your success in this position?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an initial phone interview. They sent me a PowerPoint about the Investment Analyst program, which got me really excited as I felt like it aligned exactly with my experience and interests. When they contacted me, the only available times to do the phone call were 4-6 hours after I received the email. So I scheduled a time 4 hours later. 15 mins after that set time, the HR person contacted me and said she was running a little late. That’s fine, I get how it can be hectic especially if she is interviewing a lot of candidates. We pushed the call back 30 mins. She then finally called me 20 mins after the already pushed back call. She then proceeded to ask me basic questions like tell me about yourself, why did you choose your school, etc. but then started asking me slightly weird questions. Like what about the other opportunities you have on the table make you consider taking them? (Luckily I did have 2 other offers, but I very easily could not have). Then when it came time for me to ask her about the program and the firm as a whole, she got incredibly flustered, as if it was her first day on the job and she didn’t know anything about the company. It seemed like I was teaching her about the company from what i learned over 4 hours of research. I get that HR is not as well-versed in business activities, but she honestly had no clue what this role was about, and audibly was flustered and almost sounded as if she was about to cry. It was very bizarre. However, we finished the call and I didn’t know what to think of it but they contacted me about a week and a half later and said my experience and interests did not align with what they were looking for. Weird experience, which was a shame because the program seemed like a great fit for me. The company should have better integration with their HR team

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Probably had about 7 people interview me, some behavioral and some for the cases. For the cases, got a packet, and mostly asked what one would do in different situations when it came to giving financial advice.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Initial on campus interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview with the recruiter. The second round was a Super Day in office. Four back to back interviews with various people on investment teams. They give you two case studies, one was doable but the other was impossible. Unless you had been working as an investment analyst previously you would have no idea what information to be looking for. Behavioral questions were mixed, one interviewer was awkward and was clearly looking for specific answers. Then you're taken out to lunch by a random associate who did not talk very highly of the company. The recruiter wasn't present at all during the day and did not follow up for almost a month afterwards.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a phone screen with a campus recruiter. The second round is a series of interviews at the location you are being considered for. You meet with multiple associates.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good group work environment and describe an experience where group work did not go well.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

on campus interview with all behavioral questions then a super day at their office in Arlington. Four 30-minute interviews with people from both PRG and MIG teams. Again, all behavioral and pretty easy. Have good questions to ask them and highlight teamwork skills

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one thing to do at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If there was one thing you could avoid at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a preliminary phone screening which was more informational in nature. Was invited back for a "Super-day" event, which consisted of an informal chat with a current employee followed by an information session, and then three back to back interviews. The questions were all behavioral questions and one case study (which is more situation based). Do your research on the company and make sure you have plenty of examples describing times you had to collaborate, and effectively manage your time.

Interview Questions

• After attending the information session and coffee meet up, what are your thoughts on the company?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- First had a 30 min on-campus interview which was resume-based
    - The first interview consisted of only behavioral questions, no technicals
    - Asked to continue the interview process at an office a week later