Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was basic, consisting essentially of a discussion of my qualifications for the position based on the experience listed on my resume. We also discussed the training process for the position at length and I was introduced to the team of investment analysts.

Interview Questions

• They asked specifically about my knowledge regarding financial analysis, especially time value of money projections.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

3 round interview. Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through my schools recruting website Monday, got a phone screen Wednesday and an in person interview Friday. Very impressed with the speed of the interview as I was offered a position the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a coworker that is not performing at the same level as you but is still being rewarded equally?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Check with HR before applying online because half of the positions have already been filled and they just have't taken them down. Emailed and spoke with a girl from HR who was slow but nice enough. After a screening I had a phone interview with Jon from the Arlington office, who sounded bored and annoyed he had to talk to me the entire time. Not a pleasant experience and I'm quite relieved I won't be working with him on a daily basis.

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview then heard back about two weeks later to come in for a face to face. The interview was laid back and simple, very behavioral focused. 4 different interviews and each one asked the same questions. Was very monotonous, answering the same question 4 different times.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Starts with phone screening, from there invited to superday which consists of 4 interviews. Three of them are fit / resume based and the fourth being a case study.

Interview Questions

• Time you failed to communicate   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

30 Behavioral Phone Call
    Asks a lot about your previous work history or internship history, as well as questions relating to your ability to work in teams. They are looking for people who are team players and get work done efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What about investments inspires or excites you?   1 Answer

Summer Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process began with a 20-30 minute phone screening with someone from HR. It was all resume based or standard behavioral questions. It was about 6-7 questions and then time for me to ask questions.

After the phone screening I was brought into the office about 3 weeks later for a super day which consisted of 3 interviews followed by a coffee chat. The schedule/content was as follows:

1.) Resume-based: questions about my experience, why/how I chose to attend my college, what extracurricular activities I am involved with, and how I manage time, etc.

2.) Behavioral/Why CA: typical behavioral questions about how I handle situations, tough decisions I have made, times I have struggles, why I want to work at CA, what CA does, etc.

3.) Investment Case Interview: presented a case regarding adding a new asset class to an existing client portfolio. The case was to establish information about the existing portfolio and assess the current asset allocation and decide if the new asset class should be added. If so, what percentage of the portfolio and where the money should come from. Concluded with a 2 minute presentation of the finding to the "client."

4.) Coffee: an associate takes you out to coffee for a very low stress conversation about CA and a time to ask any questions you have.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial Interviews held about a week after the application deadline, one-on-one with a campus recruiter. About 4-5 days later heard back, received an invitation to come to the office for a "Super Day", which included three more interviews, a case analysis, and lunch with associates. This was the final round of interviews and received a phone call with their decision one week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later. Had an initial phone screen interview and did not hear back for 3 weeks despite my attempts to reach out to the recruiter.