Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

on campus interview with all behavioral questions then a super day at their office in Arlington. Four 30-minute interviews with people from both PRG and MIG teams. Again, all behavioral and pretty easy. Have good questions to ask them and highlight teamwork skills

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one thing to do at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If there was one thing you could avoid at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer basically asked my backgrounded then shot me questions that sounded like he was reading off of a list and robotic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with it
      Name time you came across a difficult personality and how you dealt with it?
      What can you bring to this company with your background?
      Why this company?   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat grueling. It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours long. Know the specifics about the role that you are applying for; they will ask you to describe it in full detail. For the most part, everyone seemed incredibly kind, only one interviewer (out of the five) gave me a negative impression of the company. The questions were pretty basic, but they'll ask you the same question in a different wording more than once, so watch out for that.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can you tell me about the position you are applying for and how it relates to the rest of the company?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly long process, took over a month. But they were among a change in recruiters. Applied online. I had a first round phone interview followed by a super day with 4 45 minute interviews and a lunch.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Mostly a casual conversation with HR. Nothing technical, why C|A, why finance?
    I am told that I will be moved to a superday. Then the recruiter reaches out and tells me that the role was filled by a former intern, but they have an opening in the San Francisco office, if I am still interested(previously Dallas).
    Total of 4 interviews, 3 with associates and 1 with the team lead.
    2 interviews were behavioral/resume based, why C|A, why finance. Interviewers clearly have a standardized list of questions, almost word for word with other people on glassdoor.
    3rd Interview: Given a 1 pg. summary of a fund manager asked whether or not to end the relationship, all the while explaining to your interviewer your thought process. Followed by being handed a laptop and told to draft a formal email to a client with the decision you made.
    4th interview: Given a collection of charts and stats regarding creating a portfolio for a hypothetical university endowment fund. Again, discuss your thought process with your interviewer. Much less intimidating than I expected, this part was actually refreshing compared to the rest of the interviews, just make sure you know the efficient horizon, Sharpe ratio, basic portfolio theory, keep client goals in mind. The only frustrating aspect was that the interviewer was not nearly as engaging as the others had been, which was a bit discouraging because it was my favorite part.
    5th Interview/Lunch: After the 4th interview another associate that hadn't interviewed you that day took you to lunch in the city and engaged in informal questioning(why San Fran, what do you do for fun, etc.)
    Conclusion: Overall nothing to be worried about as far as superdays go. A very collegiate atmosphere, nice people, salary $60k, respectable firm.

Interview Questions

• Reputable hedge fund manager had a poor performance this year, considering other factors given, should we eliminate him from client portfolios?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy, everyone was super friendly. Really enjoyed my time there. Questions were mostly behavioral with one case study that was very easy and straightforward. Took me out to coffee afterwards with a recently hired associate. All my interviewers were very young and easy to relate to, just wanted to get to know more about my background and why I was interested in CA. Written test at the end as well was extremely simple, just writing an email to test your professional writing skills.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

For the SF office super day there it was a case interview. They asked about emerging markets, asset allocation, diversification, and portfolio management. You are provided a lot of data about prospective fund managers and you have to give your formal recommendation at the end.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy experience going in and talking through behavioral questions on campus. Super day involved going to their office in Boston where one interview contained a case portfolio. Not a lot of time to read through it as it was supposed to reflect a "walk-through" environment.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a first-round over the phone that lasted roughly 30 min. Mostly fit and questions regarding interest in investing. Overall easy going and pleasant. Was offered a final round for the SF office and they flew me there to interview. Final round was also very easy going and mostly fit based, but one of the three interviews was case based.